VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably couldn't figure out how to get across the border without getting caught.

Actually sorry-- my bad-- that was the Longo interview this morning that I listened to right before the press conference. Sorry.

Regardless he seemed downtrodden, whereas previously he seemed to be trying to inspire people.

The $100,000 is for the SAFE return of Hannah, right? I sure hope that money can be awarded.
Or have they changed the wording?

Has anybody considered the possibility that he was unaware of the felony charges because he was on the road? If he turned himself in as someone said, again, there is the possibility that he just became aware of them & called his attorney. Just wondering. When I'm on the road, I never go inside when stopping for gas. I noticed the newspapers in the stand today & there were no headlines.....in other words, it wasn't front page news. Who knows.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...t-hannah-graham-caught-in-galveston/16181211/

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., the prime suspect in the missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham has been taken into custody in Galveston.

Matthew, 32, was caught on the Bolivar Peninsula at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The Galveston County Sheriff's Office would not release anymore details pertaining to the release; however Sheriff Henry Trochesset said investigators from Charlottesville, Va., will travel to Galveston on Thursday.

Graham, 18, disappeared early in the morning of Sept. 13 and has been the object of a search.
<sniped -read more>

At this point I question the report on Jesse turning himself in. Why would they be thanking a particular Deputy? Doesn't make sense.

A few thoughts:

3. JM running off to Texas seems to be more than fear to me. Running that far off doesn't sound like someone afraid of being framed, but someone who doesn't want to face what they did. JMO.

Agree.

I was thinking the same thing...how did he make it that far and nobody saw him or the vehicle? But I guess it goes back to not many people paying attention to the news or surely not following these cases like we do!

I bet 95% of the country would not have recognized him or have been looking for the blue Sentra with VA tags... jmo

Actually sorry-- my bad-- that was the Longo interview this morning that I listened to right before the press conference. Sorry.

No worries. I'm going to watch it again. whatever way he phrased the remember this face bit, it struck me as odd. If he was certain she was dead he would have focused more on finding her body, not remembering her face?

I have tried my best to catch up with this case since the start of this past weekend, but at the rate it is moving, I will never get every post read, so I will just jump in here. This is entirely a gut feeling on my part, but with JM now in custody and soon to be extradited, I would not be shocked if he gives up the location of Hannah in relatively short order, and attempts to negotiate a plea to a lesser charge than 1st degree murder, if she is dead (and I fear that she is). The fact that he was found so far from home clearly shows that he was running as fast as he could to get away. Despite his various run-ins with the law, he has led what appears to be a relatively comfortable life, and apparently has never experienced prison life that so many career felons are constantly in and out of. I think it wont take a lot of interrogation to get him to admit that he accidentally "hurt" her and then fled because he was scared. I may be completely wrong, and his attorney may very well advise him against such, dependent on how strong the evidence may be against him, but I certainly hope that if he is guilty, he will do the right thing and tell LE where she can be found. JMO

At this point I question the report on Jesse turning himself in. Why would they be thanking a particular Deputy? Doesn't make sense.

Precisely. They waited for that FBI guy, and he gave all the credit to that local (TX) guy, calling him a Hero, in fact.

Makes absolutlely no sense if he turned himself in. He could've turned himself in 1,800 miles ago, and saved his family grief.

'

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...t-hannah-graham-caught-in-galveston/16181211/

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., the prime suspect in the missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham has been taken into custody in Galveston.

Matthew, 32, was caught on the Bolivar Peninsula at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The Galveston County Sheriff's Office would not release anymore details pertaining to the release; however Sheriff Henry Trochesset said investigators from Charlottesville, Va., will travel to Galveston on Thursday.

Graham, 18, disappeared early in the morning of Sept. 13 and has been the object of a search.
<sniped -read more>

Oh so he was caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members