VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Galveston photo above linked to twitter is old. We've seen it before. When found JM was wearing a navy or black top per photo upon arrest here, a page back. The twitter page shows him in light baby blue.

There are innocent people convicted every single day in our lovely country. I want to see the evidence before I make an opinion about what the police have or do not have. C-ville is on edge and Longo is in the hot seat due to the number of missing girls from the area in a relatively short period of time. That is hysteria. I am sorry. I respectfully disagree. I like crimes solved in truth not on b.s. and then we find out years later the whole thing was botched and nasty people still on the loose.

I agree with you, Amy. That's the view I have taken all along in this case. Not that he's innocent, not that he's guilty. I'm waiting. We have a missing girl that needs to be found. If this man was the last to see her then he must have the answers needed. If he was not the last to see her? Then, he might still have information that could help to find her. Without bringing down any wrath on my head, I have to say that our rights as American citizens have easily been cast aside in some instances. We all, when being questioned by law enforcement, have a right to remain silent, we have a right to an attorney. Would I like for this man to speak to police? Yes, more than you know. However, I'm not willing to compromise the rights of Americans by saying this is one time we should turn a blind eye and not care how law enforcement handles this case nor care whether this man's right to silence and attorney should be forgotten.

Those regulations are out of date. They were revised in 2009 I believe. You can get on a cruise from any US port, that goes into the Caribbean and Mexico, with your Drivers license and birth certificate. I cruise at least once a year.

This is correct, provided it's a "closed loop" cruise.

Not necessarily... wouldn't they need confirmed DNA directly from him to actually make a charge? DNA from his car/apartment might not be his...

One thing for sure is that LE got a nice fresh DNA sample this very afternoon as he was booked!

They will need to come up with a murder charge, Imo, before he is even in a position to bargain, if it comes to that. If she is somehow found before a trial,there won't be any pleas.

Was that directed at me? I appreciate it, but I know that VA has an Attorney General and different Commonwealth Attorneys. We still call them "the CA." Even the ACAs are called "the CA." It's just the way people talk.

My apologies for not being clearer but it wasn't directed towards you. I was agreeing with you.

It was directed towards the post you were commenting on. And my statement was a general clarification to the previous comment because people not familiar with the VA legal system might have gotten the impression that when someone said "the Commonwealth attorney" that they spoke for the entire commonwealth, and not just for a particular jurisdiction (i.e. a county or city).

I know that we only have one layer of quotation by default, so I should have known to have been clearer that I was referring to a deeper layer of comment.

I think the chances of HG being abducted for a sex ring is absolute 0. The girls that get abducted like this are already at risk girls. They are not white middle class girls. Girls who would easily run away or be recognized by Johns.

She would not fit the profile and even if she was then she would be definitely be liquidated at this point , sad to say

I can confirm this.Ive cruised to the Caribbean on several occasions and no passport is needed....unless laws have changed recently.

I feel like whenever this subject comes up it is hard to find the right answer. When I went on my last cruise, in 2011, I got my passport just in case...because all the laws and websites said I would need it. But they never even checked it. So, I don't think you actually need it, but I do think the regulations say you do.

I am seriously considering the trafficking angle now. What if JM sold Hannah to a group that took her to the Galveston area and he was going there to try and get her back somehow? Far fetched I know but this whole case is bonkers so far.

Take her back to what? So she could tell on everyone if that did happen? No, if she was taken there for that purpose then they would not let her live.

I feel like whenever this subject comes up it is hard to find the right answer. When I went on my last cruise, in 2011, I got my passport just in case...because all the laws and websites said I would need it. But they never even checked it. So, I don't think you actually need it, but I do think the regulations say you do.

Here are Carnival's regulations, they are the same as all other cruise lines.
http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?from=BYC&icid=CC_before-you-cruise_1536#q-1394828 No passport needed.

My apologies for not being clearer but it wasn't directed towards you. I was agreeing with you.

It was directed towards the post you were commenting on. And my statement was a general clarification to the previous comment because people not familiar with the VA legal system might have gotten the impression that when someone said "the Commonwealth attorney" that they spoke for the entire commonwealth, and not just for a particular jurisdiction (i.e. a county or city).

I know that we only have one layer of quotation by default, so I should have known to have been clearer that I was referring to a deeper layer of comment.

You're fine! Sorry if I was snappy, probably need some sleep, lol. :countsheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member