VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone that says they don't think JM is smart enough to x,y, or z just remember: he doesn't have to be smart, he would just need to watch one the zillions of CSI type shows that have been around for more than a decade.

Ummm. Re: the twitter. Anyone else think it's possible they're priming the public to freak out less when they reveal he is connected to MH by slowly releasing info? Or am I reading too much into it?

This is my first post but I've been following for most of the case. For all those saying that Tempo is just trying to cover themselves so as to not lose their liquor license... Seriously? If they are found to be lying and impeding this investigation, there would be far more serious consequences than losing their license! My guess is that the witness who said they were inside maybe saw Hannah at the doorway or saw them walking into the restaurant, but that Hannah didn't actually go in. If Tempo is lying, OMG, the managers would be fired, anyone who was in on the cover-up would be fired, the reputation would be destroyed... Plus, people are forgetting about immunity. LE would probably go to Tempo and say, "look, we don't care if you served her alcohol!!!!!!!!! just tell us what the F happened!" Same with all the college kids. LE has bigger problems right now than trying to prosecute someone for serving kids underage. Doesn't mean that they won't pay more attention in the future, but I doubt they are as concerned about some kids partying as they are about finding out what happened to HG and getting the guy off the street so it doesn't happen again. This isn't to say that LE wouldn't go after someone for drugs, etc., but right now I would think other students/witnesses could easily get immunity of some form or another if they would give an honest account to LE. (Also, FWIW, I am an attorney with some background in crim defense, though definitely not enough to answer a lot of the questions that are arising in this complicated situation.)

I know, right?!!

However, NOT defending Tempo, sometimes when under pressure, one concentrates *so* hard on getting the *content* right, really obvious & egregious errors slip through the net :(

I thought it was unnecessary for Tempo to include that JM was there around 12:00 as Hannah was making her way down Prescott (or however they worded it). They should just say what they know, not what HG was doing at the time JM was in Tempo, imo.

I don't think Tempo is key other than to place Hannah and JM together at a certain time. I doubt it plays any other role than where JM spent the evening and doubt what he returned to do is key. He could have left an unpaid tab that he took care of when he returned. He was a regular, known there, so he could have left for a few minutes and come back after he ran into Hannah. I am not at all familiar with the place--would one be allowed even to take out drinks from there? But what does it matter if he did bring out some drinks? Another charge against JM, I guess, but she was already drunk on her own and courtesy of her classmates from earlier parties.

At this point, the crucial things are what happened to Hannah AFTER she left the mall area with JM. What did he do to and with her? Where did he drop her off, or where did she leave him? Though, sadly, I feel she was dumped off somewhere, and likely not alive, the big deal now, is where is she? Certainly not at Tempo. If JM refuses to say where they parted ways, under ANY conditions, it could be a long time before anyone finds out, if ever.

None of this is really news. It's been pretty much a given, that JM picked her up at the mall, that they were last seen at Tempo's. How LE made the jump to the car, we don't know, but we can assume they were pretty sure she went in that car with the aggressive way they were able to search and seize it. The issue now is what happened to Hannah, and most importantly where is she right now.

BBM. This. We need to FIND HANNAH.

What about a recorked bottle of wine? What if JM ordered a bottle of wine, had a glass inside Tempo, and then had the bottle recorked and took it with him? He can do that after midnight, can't he?

Local bartender here. No he could not have been sold something to go after 12am in the state of Va. Not from a restaurant, convenience store, liquor store or any other establishment selling alcohol. No off-premise sales after midnight...... PERIOD.

He could have put a couple of longnecks in his pockets if he was sneaky enough or handed a drink over the railing while the doormans back was turned but theres no way he could have done it legally.

The above statements were never made by me.Im not a sports fans.

someone else quoted something you said then made those comments but they screwed up the /quote, causing it to be screwed up when I quoted it.

And they probably helped with the case. Granny admitted the drinks were for Hannah!

I'm sure the police had already found out about the sex assault without the help of a tabloid. It certainly makes their tunnel vision on JM more understandable.

After having participated in the official search over the weekend, I was fairly confident that if she was somewhere in the search area she would have been found. I have since heard that 90% of the city has been covered. I don't think the search coverage in the surrounding county is anywhere near as complete. Just yesterday as I was driving to work I remembered that a friend owns 5 acres just a couple of miles west from the apartment complex, and that there is a small barn deep in the woods on the property, which is otherwise undeveloped and unused. As soon as I remembered this I had to check it out.

She wasn't there, and there were no signs of any recent activity on the property -- foot prints, tire tracks, recent trash -- but when I subsequently contacted my friend for belated permission, she said she hadn't thought to check the barn. So I'm sure that there are many, many places in the county where she could be that haven't been searched.

It didn't occur to me until later that if Hannah was there when I was checking it out, alone, then JM might have been there too. In which case I probably wouldn't be writing this.

Bless you in your search for Hannah. Glad u are safe.

Ummm. Re: the twitter. Anyone else think it's possible they're priming the public to freak out less when they reveal he is connected to MH by slowly releasing info? Or am I reading too much into it?

Hard to say... the "with intent to defile" charge is very interesting. They clearly know SOMETHING that makes them suspect sexual molestation. One theory could be that they connected him to another case in which they know there was sexual molestation involved. I don't think the police would release such important information to the public until they get a chance to really question him in the hopes they can find hannah, JMO.

I am beginning to think there might be a twist once the get JM back and question him some more. I think Tempos is very key in this investigation.

Odd how the letter states, "she was never inside" AND "was never served." You would think was never inside indicates was never served, no need to state it twice. Methinks someone doth protest too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies if it has been asked & answered-what time did Tempo close that night? Surprised that JM used his credit card both times too, unless Tempo demands a card to run a tab. I am still stuck on Hannah's text-I really believe it was an autocorrect from "almost at". I think she was getting a ride and may have sent the text prematurely as if she was almost at the location. My kids do that when their curfew is approaching and they say they are "almost home, 10 minutes away". When they stroll in 30 minutes later, I know it was a dodge.

This is my first post but I've been following for most of the case. For all those saying that Tempo is just trying to cover themselves so as to not lose their liquor license... Seriously? If they are found to be lying and impeding this investigation, there would be far more serious consequences than losing their license! My guess is that the witness who said they were inside maybe saw Hannah at the doorway or saw them walking into the restaurant, but that Hannah didn't actually go in. If Tempo is lying, OMG, the managers would be fired, anyone who was in on the cover-up would be fired, the reputation would be destroyed... Plus, people are forgetting about immunity. LE would probably go to Tempo and say, "look, we don't care if you served her alcohol!!!!!!!!! just tell us what the F happened!" Same with all the college kids. LE has bigger problems right now than trying to prosecute someone for serving kids underage. Doesn't mean that they won't pay more attention in the future, but I doubt they are as concerned about some kids partying as they are about finding out what happened to HG and getting the guy off the street so it doesn't happen again. This isn't to say that LE wouldn't go after someone for drugs, etc., but right now I would think other students/witnesses could easily get immunity of some form or another if they would give an honest account to LE. (Also, FWIW, I am an attorney with some background in crim defense, though definitely not enough to answer a lot of the questions that are arising in this complicated situation.)

Welcome! Problem is, there are conflicting stories as to whether or not Hannah was inside Tempo. Also, Tempo keeps referring to her as Heather, which is a really careless error. I can see how owners and staff may not want to say that she was there, but Tempo is not speaking for eyewitnesses and patrons. JMO

IMO, Texas LE has no reason to search the vehicle. Virginia LE does.

Really? I would think that since Galveston county has the search warrant, they would be able execute it without VA LE, giving VA a courtesy. If he was caught in Texas they can investigate him. IMO

After having participated in the official search over the weekend, I was fairly confident that if she was somewhere in the search area she would have been found. I have since heard that 90% of the city has been covered. I don't think the search coverage in the surrounding county is anywhere near as complete. Just yesterday as I was driving to work I remembered that a friend owns 5 acres just a couple of miles west from the apartment complex, and that there is a small barn deep in the woods on the property, which is otherwise undeveloped and unused. As soon as I remembered this I had to check it out.

She wasn't there, and there were no signs of any recent activity on the property -- foot prints, tire tracks, recent trash -- but when I subsequently contacted my friend for belated permission, she said she hadn't thought to check the barn. So I'm sure that there are many, many places in the county where she could be that haven't been searched.

It didn't occur to me until later that if Hannah was there when I was checking it out, alone, then JM might have been there too. In which case I probably wouldn't be writing this.

Oh Wow Good for you, living like 30 odd minutes from charlottesville and being a bike rider (motorcyle) people that are not from this area can not image just how many out buildings there area. This area is heavily farmed, Horses, Cattle, pine forest, you can drive for miles and not a home or another car. There are so many places she could be. jmo idk But I would think it would be someplace that he is familiar with. jmo idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966