VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia can certainly tell Tempo that it is not taking action on the liquor license to remove any concern in being cooperative w/r to licensing. What Virginia cannot do is protect Tempo from civil liability from Hannah's family in a wrongful death lawsuit if Hannah was a patron at Tempo, was illegally served (underage and drunk) and that service contributed to her death (poor judgment in going with serial killer). I.e., the same problem they would have if Hannah had been served, driven off and killed herself in a car accident. That's the reason for the press release.

1:08 is the last time stamp from the surveillance video at the downtown mall. Tempo is .13 miles away according to mapquest and 55 seconds by car.

That JLM ordered, received and paid for his purchase that quickly is a bit surprising...also seems like he had a pretty firm goal in mind to be moving so fast.

This is a pedestrian mall and honestly there is no way to get from one to the other by car except going on the roads behind the mall. I wouldn't trust those time/distance estimates in this situation. It's more like walking a small city block if that.

Virginia can certainly tell Tempo that it is not taking action on the liquor license to remove any concern in being cooperative w/r to licensing. What Virginia cannot do is protect Tempo from civil liability from Hannah's family in a wrongful death lawsuit if Hannah was a patron at Tempo, was illegally served (underage and drunk) and that service contributed to her death (poor judgment in going with serial killer). I.e., the same problem they would have if Hannah had been served, driven off and killed herself in a car accident. That's the reason for the press release.

Great point about the civil liability.

Not snarky- where did you hear that was the press release reason?

Sorry to ask time questions again but am I right in thinking it's just coming up to 1.10pm over in Charlottesville?

He sure is concerned that they are taking his jumpsuit off
Maybe he has body gashes... defense kicks...scratch wounds...
they can backdate

I would expect that would be noted during the medical "clearing" -- what injuries did inmate arrive with/leave with, etc.

At the risk of being viewed as an apologist, I wanted to point something out about JM getting booted from Liberty University for alleged sexual assault. It must be considered that this University is an evangelical school. If you read their student handbook or code of conduct, violations include seeing an "R" rated movie, men with ponytails (and presumably dreads), and any contact with the opposite sex that comprises more than holding hands. Hence, I'm not that impressed with his getting kicked out of there. HOWEVER, if the woman he allegedly attacked was in fact treated at a hospital, that 100% changes things for me, personally.

I said from the beginning I would turn on him, and to me the most suspicious facts to date remain:

1. Disturbing reports from his past that are slowly trickling in;
2. Fleeing and not turning himself in when the second warrants were released.

I think Bakerlady said it best earlier: stick a fork in me. Nonetheless I leave a gap open if no DNA has been found that incriminates him. If there is DNA, it's goodnight Irene, and like everyone else I will look forward to his trial and lengthy incarceration. I think that clearly the police at this point are not releasing DNA information as of yet so they can lock him in on his story. He claims she wasn't in his car and DNA demonstrates that she was? It's over. Mostly though, I look forward to him demonstrating any remaining heart he has left by telling the Grahams where their daughter is.

I 100% agree and if they wouldn't, they should be fired or voted out.

I agree that they shouldn't, but VA ABC is notorious for being very tough. One local bar lost their license because of one fight within the establishment and many others here in Harrisonburg have lost theirs for underage drinking. That might be enough for the Tempo ownership to be very skittish.

I have theory in regards to tempo.. Is there outdoor seating? If so, they could have at together outside while he was the only one to actually go in and purchase drinks. In that sense she would have never TECHNICALLY entered tempo. Just a thought.

Glad I will actually be home to watch the pc!

FWIW...
Join Date. Sep 2014 Posts 3

"I, too, am really curious as to what the doorman would say. If she was waiting outside for 15 mins, then I would be shocked if he didn't talk to her."

This scenario, if true, makes this case all the more bizarre. I think we all agree that Hannah's behavior that night was confused and erratic; the one thing she wasn't, was still. She kept moving, moving, moving.

Maybe she slipped or knowingly took something, maybe she was intoxicated, or maybe she was "on a mission" of some kind...but how do you go from that state, to one of stillness and waiting for 15 minutes? I know when I get myself worked up about something, it's impossible to just flip a switch and be calm - unless, of course, the reason for my anxiety is suddenly lifted. And if her behavior was caused by something she ingested, it would be even harder to stop and stand.

The employee at Tempo's door saw her. If she had continued to act erratically, surely he would have noticed? Pacing back and forth, checking her phone incessantly, fidgeting, etc, paint a far different picture of a person's state of mind than if she had stood calmly or had a conversation. I wish we knew what the doorman told the police.

This case is making me physically sick.

I'm going to watch the 3pm press conference and try not to puke. I can't imagine what HG's parents are going through.

Each day is something new and chilling. Ugh.

Same here. My college girls are coming home this weekend. I've been needing to give them both a big hug. Thinking of Hannah's parents today and praying for strength for them in the days & weeks to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie