VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up this morning...whew!

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web...es-first-court-appearance-in-houston/28240404

This exchange at JM's court appearence in TX bothers me. It starts approx. 1:40 into the video, when JM is asked to sign paperwork waiving his right to a court-appointed attorney for both the TX and VA charges:

JM: (indicting paperwork) Is this for Virginia? So, what is the Virginia one again?
Judge: The Virginia warrant is a fugitive from justice warrant, the underlying charge is abduction of a person with intent to defile.
JM: And if I sign this, what does this do?
Judge: It only says that I read you your rights, you're not entering a plea of any kind this morning.

Now, come on. He high-tailed it out of VA, making (what looks like) a desperate attempt for the border, while his name is all over national news in regards to Hannah's case....but he actually has to ask? And he says, "again", so it was explained to him previously. Didn't have to ask about the TX charge a second time. I personally believe he knew exactly why that VA warrant was issued. Have enough respect for Hannah, and for yourself, to not feign ignorance about something so important. Gross.

Secondly, a few pages ago (the link is buried, ahhh!) someone mentioned a search in the Galveston area. While. I don't think that's a bad idea, it also seems unlikely he'd get all the way into TX before dumping anything incriminating. He had...what? Nearly 1,300 miles of road in which to discard anything he wanted.

Now to read this Tempo letter....

He sure is concerned that they are taking his clothes off
Maybe he has body gashes... defense kicks...scratch wounds...
they can backdate

Wonder who LE will believe if eyewitnesses confirm seeing Hannah inside Tempo but Tempo say she wasn't there?

if i read it right they cleverly didn't say she wasn't there they said she wasn't seen there which leaves them an out. I would they would believe eyewitnesses since tempo has a vested interest in how the narrative goes.

Wondering what tactics will be used to get JM to tell LE where H might be found, assuming that he might know?
Would they utilize usual practices to get a suspect to reveal location, or will special profilers be brought in to 'customize" the investigation?

This is my first time posting but I have been lurking here since a couple of days after Hannah's disappearance. With me living less than 2 hours from Charlottesville and the fact that some of JM's FB friends share mutual friends with me hits close to home. Anyway, I don't think that this link had been posted yet but it sheds some light on the trespassing charge and the incident with the attorney back in 2009. My apologies if this has been posted!

http://m.wvtf.org/?utm_referrer=#mobile/27414

I practice liquor law, though not in VA. In my state, the liquor board has discretion when to go after a license for a sale-to-minor violation, and they'll frequently negotiate stipulations and waivers. I have absolutely no doubt that they would let the violation slide provided the licensee agreed to assist LE with a missing person investigation.

VA may be very different, of course, so take this with a grain of salt.

I can see that, if they have no prior violations. JMO

Is it possible that JM and HG went to Tempo to meet someone for drugs (maybe weed) and he really picked up some date rape drug or smuggled alcohol out? or he told her someone odd him some money and for her to wait outside and he would give her a ride. Could explain why he was inside and she was outside Tempo.......

Interesting that they are looking back at cases of missing women over that last FIVE years (2009)... Not two, not three, not ten, but specifically - five.

If the owner was not a Tempo that night and does not have complete video surveillance then he is relying on the word of his employees.

I have absolutely no doubt that they would let the violation slide provided the licensee agreed to assist LE with a missing person investigation.

I 100% agree and if they wouldn't, they should be fired or voted out.

I knew it! Posted in thread #13 yesterday. Now, if only I could make a guess as to Hannah's location :(

Yesterday, 11:19 AM#559
Hoosgirl

Hmmm ... anyone know how to find out sexual assault reports for Liberty University? Perhaps in the years 2000-2003?

Yesterday, 11:26 AM#576
Hoosgirl

Originally Posted by savoiadilucania
How would this pertain to Hannah's case?

JMO, but I am wondering if we would find anything linked to our POI that might show a history related to the current charge. Does that help?

Yesterday, 12:39 PM#689
Hoosgirl

Originally Posted by kirafx
Place to search Virginia Courts Case Status and Information
http://www.courts.state.va.us/caseinfo

Two types of courts: Circuit Court and General District Court. Requires searching done by county. Liberty University is in Lynchburg, which is in Amherst County.

Checking both courts in Amherst County and Lynchburg turned up no records for JM (not sure how long they maintain their records as his time there dates back 12-13 years).

Thanks! I am thinking of campus offences that may have only gone through the university .... trying to run down Clery Act disclosures, maybe?

Why did he leave Liberty and go to Christopher Newport?

its funny as soon as i ready the news i was like someone at WS was talking about this yesterday I wonder what they knew lol...

"Authorities were concerned that a fugitive charged with abducting a University of Virginia student may have been trying to flee to Mexico.

That’s according to a person familiar with the search for Hannah Graham who spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the person isn’t authorized to publicly discuss the investigation." http://news.fredericksburg.com/just...-held-without-bond-after-texas-court-hearing/

Yes, and the scary part is that he ALMOST MADE IT.

This case is making me physically sick.

I'm going to watch the 3pm press conference and try not to puke. I can't imagine what HG's parents are going through.

Each day is something new and chilling. Ugh.

Parker Slaybaugh 8News

9 minutes ago.

HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: A 3 pm press conference has been planned in Charlottesville.

Once again, we've got a rapist that was allowed to roam the streets. Once again, we have an innocent girl missing and most likely raped and dead at the hands of this rapist allowed to roam the streets. I can't keep up with how many times this has been the case. Help me out here, Foxfire. I know you can list many of them. Mickey Shunick, Holly Bobo, and Polly Klaas are a few that come to mind. Regrettably, I can think of many more cases, but I forget their names because there are so many of them.

Here is a statistic from 1998, so we can assume the numbers aren't spot on for today. Hopefully they are better

"Each year, 14,000 murders, rapes, and child sexual assaults are committed by individuals who have been previously released into our neighborhoods after serving a prison sentence for these crimes. More than 800 people, including, 83 children are murdered. More than 3,500 women are raped. And more than 7,500 children are sexually assaulted or molested. All by previously convicted and released murderers, rapists and child molesters. We can prevent the repeat carnage if we simply have the will to keep these offenders behind bars."

justwannahelp, the tragic list would be entirely too long... I feel your pain.. Rape is the least reported of all violent crime. Of the ones reported which were stranger related, unless the perp's dna is in the database they may be active for years or decades before apprehended.. As in MH's case the dna is on file but the rapist/killer remains unidentified years later.. Sexual predators are recidivist, escalate, and hone their skills with each innocent victim taken..
I think criminologist professor Dr. Egger says it best; "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said. "Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime.

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/pct/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member