VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right about the dreads. Some of the players I know of do have them and they do tend to stand out for that. But..

Just my opinion here, but I think the pot belly would be a dead give away that he wasn't a UVA football player. The lineman that play for my university don't have pot bellies. His is pretty distinct and not at all like what you might see on a college athlete. His current build isn't athletic at all, in my opinion.

I do see your point. However, I worked for an NFL team for years and I saw many a pot belly in that facility, especially on lineman! Looking at him on the sidelines of the youth football game he looked the part to me. He also doesn't look nearly as big as he's been described. I don't know where that 270 pounds went... he looks somewhat small compared to the Texas correctional officers in those photos. He outfit from that night was also very similar to those of players... especially the crocs/sandals after a game. Like I said, could be nothing. I just remember hanging around with the guys on my university's team and I would have felt safe with them because they were well known and my age. Maybe she didn't seek it out, but it could have led to a level of comfort for her that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

JMO but, I personally think they have it. Others have said they'll take direct DNA from JM to compare. So they'll take DNA as soon as he gets back, I assume, then it should, realistically take 2 days max.

I forgot to mention this, last Friday, my husband took our daughter to Disney on Ice and he passed the Dept. Of forensics (here, in Richmond Va) and they had spotlights/black SUV's and were blocking the building. I suspect they are/have "expedited" the process.

Thanks. I was under the impression they swabbed him in Texas but now I can't remember where I read that.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bbm, I don't like words like that.

OMG, That is really interesting
I focused on evidence, you focused on likely

I do agree with you... that word likely isn't good at all

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all the 'thanks' this post got. It was believable to me, up until the end. No way did he beat or strangle HG. I guess I should stop particpating in this case because I seem to be the last person that isn't ready to send this chap to the gas chamber.

BBM

Really?

Would you please support your assumption with evidence that supports it?

TIA

Thanks. I was under the impression they swabbed him in Texas but now I can't remember where I read that.

Well, if that's the case, I'd imagine LE has the results, or will have them very very soon.

Wouldn't they have had his DNA from the initial Search Warrant? I'm thinking toothbrush, etc. where skin cells might be located.

I'm a little uneasy with that aspect about all of this too. Early last weekend, everybody was told by Longo to be patient, wait on the forensics lab, we should have something by Tuesday. So........we all wait and wait and talk and talk and some of us get busy doing other things and some of us don't, .........wait............wait....wait......... TUESDAY !!

The new charges (drum roll.............) ------------> "Intent to defile "..................what ?

What does that even mean ?

Is that it ?? Seems pretty weak to me............

Hannah Graham has been missing for 2 weeks. In that 2 weeks the police have found the man who was last seen with her, arrested him and have probably cause to charge him with abduction with intent to defile.

Now consider cases like Hailey Dunn, Kyron Horman, Dylan Redwine, JonBenet Ramsey, the Highway of tears girls, and on and on and on. Cases that have never been solved, where people are still missing, or bodies are found but no one has been brought to justice.

I think that when the CPD have their cards all lined up they will charge whoever it is they think caused Hannah's death (if indeed she is dead). They obviously believe JM is responsible for her disappearing, but Longo has always said that he wants to take a case to court which he will win. He's not going to rush into charges, that could end in aquittal just to keep the public happy. He wants to find Hannah and bring her killer (if she is indeed dead) to justice.

In the article under the heading

CHARLOTTESVILLE (WSLS) - Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said "based upon the current evidence," he is confident Jesse Matthew Jr. knows where Hannah Graham is.

Wouldn't they have had his DNA from the initial Search Warrant? I'm thinking toothbrush, etc. where skin cells might be located.

I brought that up a few days ago. Most ppl on here said LE would want "direct DNA," before saying he was connected to anyone else. Makes sense.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all the 'thanks' this post got. It was believable to me, up until the end. No way did he beat or strangle HG. I guess I should stop particpating in this case because I seem to be the last person that isn't ready to send this chap to the gas chamber.
You're not the last one. I'm not ready to fry him yet, either.

. LE is not going to share the forensic evidence with the public. They have to protect it's integrity for a trial.

That is 100% reasonable. Ultimately we are all spectators to whom they owe no explanation. I'm just not going to assume his guilt based on undescribed "evidence".

It has taken me a long time to get caught up and I havent really (just skimmed) so if this has been discussed I aplogize.

JM worked at a hospital and I am guessing had the ability to get connections to buy prescription drugs like Xanax. I don't think he had to have "Molly" or any other traditionally labeled date rape drug at all. He would have had pain killers or anxiety medication and slipped it to an already drunk HG. If she did not have experience or tolerance to those drugs couple with alcohol it could make her come to the state where she appeared slouched over and needing assistance to walk.

I am not normally someone who says someone is guilty until more evidence comes out but in this case if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck it probably is a duck. That being said I also do not think JM is a serial anything. I am curious about HG's friends and think that whatever happened that night the LE might be holding back some statements that just don't need to be out there because they are not relevant to what happened to her. Ultimately she left her friends, was drunk, felt lost and ended up in a very bad situation that likely cost her life.

As for JM changing clothes I just wanted to throw this out there. I have two adult sons and I swear they live out of their cars. When the weekend comes (they are 20 somethings) they keep extra clothes in their cars so they don't need to come home and change at all.

RAT was convicted of the same charges for killing Alexis Murphy. They haven't found her body. Without it it's difficult to prove rape, etc. They did have a gruesome crime scene in that case. For all we know they have the same here. LE is not going to share the forensic evidence with the public. They have to protect it's integrity for a trial. JM car could have lit up like a Christmas tree under luminal for all we know.

MOO

I understand your reasoning. I just thought after all the tests had been run and everything was expedited the way it was, that the list of charges were going to be substantial and very specific. What we got was a vague charge that can be interpreted in a dozen different ways. That is a dozen ways by lay-people, 50 ways by a defense lawyer.

Those words are put there for a reason.

It isn't up to Longo to find JM guilty so he interjects words like 'likely.'

No big deal to me except it shows Longo is being careful as he should be.

He knows it he makes it a totally affirmative statement JMs attorney is going to come out guns a blazing accusing Longo of trying to taint the jury pool against his client.

IMO

Do we have a link to the Presser? I'm catching up and saw a post we have a presser soon. TIA.

I'm not ready, either. Not until we have a murder charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member