Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1:20 AM text still has me baffled.

It's a little over a mile to 14th and Wertland from Sal's. It's 1:08 am and she is walking THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION... a 12 minute mile is basically running. So, I think we can rule out she traveled there on foot.

So, since LE says the 1:20 text DID NOT COME FROM 14th & Wertland, then it appears she was lost/abducted somewhere near Sal's in those next 12 minutes. Normal walking pace is about 1 mile is about 18 minutes... so that means she could only have gone 2/3 of a mile. Allowing for time to stop at corner(s), get in car, since a body has not been found... that means she was attacked/taken within a 2/3 mile radius of where she was walking... but most likely in that same general direction...so between Ridge Street at the railroad tracks and 11th street NE. I would only hope that the bloodhounds could still pick up her scent in that small confined area.

I don't think Doorway Creep and Dreads Guy are in cahoots. Why would they be at a mall waiting for the random event of a female walking alone late at night? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

What does make sense is the HG was meeting Dreads Guy there. When she turns, perhaps it is because he called her name?

I respectfully disagree that it makes sense that Hannah was meeting Dreads guy there. Reportedly, she was supposed to be meeting her friends, no? Wouldn't she have told her friends that she was instead meeting up with him? How does that fit with her text that she was lost?

I don't think it would be a matter of them waiting for a female to walk by but more a crime of opportunity. Like cases where a female was out jogging and then attacked.

I can't help but be mad that the local government in Charlottesville didn't buy cameras for that downtown mall. Seems like an obvious place to have them.

I can tell you that in many communities there would be an uproar if the local government wanted to put in surveillance cameras. There are many, many people who are adamantly opposed to them. Privacy rights and government surveillance have been some of the main arguments against red light cameras as well. Plus, they cost money and in this age of people wanting lower taxes ..... Not saying any of these issues are right or wrong, just that they exist and that's what the local government has to deal with.

They say the guy has already came forward. If he's responsible, we'll know soon enough.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Could she make it from where she was at 1255am to the mall at 1am?? Seems like a long distance?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff
Several different articles this morning are saying that the black guy she was talking to is NOT on the videos that were released, so I think all this looking we're doing is probably moot.

^^THIS. I was about to post the same thing. That was my understanding as well?

That's ASSUMING the white creeper guy is telling the truth. If he is completely innocent (I have no opinion either way right now) and he truly did see a black guy with his arm around Hannah and his description of the guy doesn't fit any of the people we can see on camera, then yes, he's not on camera and we have no other leads at this point.

But if he WASN'T telling the truth and he was somehow involved, then the description he gave is completely false and the guy COULD be somewhere in one of those videos.

Can we lay off Dreadlocks Guy? He's not the right man.

From the Daily Mail article, quoting the Charlottesville Police, bolding by me:

A statement issued by the CPD said: ‘At 10:15 pm the unidentified white male in the videos came to the police department.
‘He told police that he was following Ms. Graham as she looked to be somewhat physically distressed and he wanted to make sure she got safely to wherever she was going.
‘Soon after he was following her, he said that a black male came up to her and put his arm around her, stopping her.
‘Ms. Graham and this black male started speaking and it appeared to the witness that the black male was either known to Ms. Graham or was trying to help her.
‘The witness then walked away and he said that Ms. Graham and the black male were still standing and talking when he left.
The black male is not shown in either of these videos.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wed-stumbled-deserted-mall.html#ixzz3DgBWU8yL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'd be terrible at viewing security cameras for a living. But, behind Hannah there seems to be a few people walking in a group. The guy turns around to talk to his friends. I wonder if they noted anything strange.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff
Several different articles this morning are saying that the black guy she was talking to is NOT on the videos that were released, so I think all this looking we're doing is probably moot.

That's ASSUMING the white creeper guy is telling the truth. If he is completely innocent (I have no opinion either way right now) and he truly did see a black guy with his arm around Hannah and his description of the guy doesn't fit any of the people we can see on camera, then yes, he's not on camera and we have no other leads at this point.

But if he WASN'T telling the truth and he was somehow involved, then the description he gave is completely false and the guy COULD be somewhere in one of those videos.

Well, if his version is completely false, that could mean there is no OTHER guy, period.

Finally caught up.

I have seen a bit of drug speculation. White people usually buy drugs from other white people. That is if it's recreational, not a "gotta have it." Gotta have it folks buy from whoever.

I'm more confused with the video info than I was before. At least they have a lot to work with. Where are you Hannah?

Finally caught up.

I have seen a bit of drug speculation. White people usually buy drugs from other white people. That is if it's recreational, not a "gotta have it." Gotta have it folks buy from whoever.

I'm more confused with the video info than I was before. At least they have a lot to work with. Where are you Hannah?

LOL I won't incriminate myself too much but I'm white and in my younger days I would buy from whoever - and it was never a "gotta have it" thing, always rec.

Can we lay off Dreadlocks Guy? He's not the right man.

From the Daily Mail article, quoting the Charlottesville Police, bolding by me:

A statement issued by the CPD said: ‘At 10:15 pm the unidentified white male in the videos came to the police department.
‘He told police that he was following Ms. Graham as she looked to be somewhat physically distressed and he wanted to make sure she got safely to wherever she was going.
‘Soon after he was following her, he said that a black male came up to her and put his arm around her, stopping her.
‘Ms. Graham and this black male started speaking and it appeared to the witness that the black male was either known to Ms. Graham or was trying to help her.
‘The witness then walked away and he said that Ms. Graham and the black male were still standing and talking when he left.
The black male is not shown in either of these videos.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wed-stumbled-deserted-mall.html#ixzz3DgBWU8yL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The black male THE WHITE CREEPER GUY DESCRIBED is not in the video. The cops are basing the existence of this alleged black man with his arm around Hannah on the white creeper right? So if he's lying, then we really don't know if there's someone else in that video that is involved that we just don't have a lead on yet.

Do I think it's the dreads guy? Not particularly. But I think he should be looked into given that he does turn across the mall and follow the path Hannah took right behind her and it looks like he's walking with her (even though they say it's a reflection) in that jewelry store surveillance video.

For that matter, the other guy could be the two chicks or the group of student types, or the other white guy, or any of the other blurs that can be seen moving around the mall. Not to mention customers and employees of any of the businesses that were still open.

I tried to trace the second person people are seeing walking with Hannah - aka "Dreadsguy".
It looks like longish hair and white pants/shirt.

edit: creeper white guy for good measure, traced his clothing. Def. looks middle-ages or older with sizable belly.

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 87
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics