VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Efforts by city police to obtain more surveillance video from businesses on the Downtown Mall have not turned up any new leads in the investigation of Hannah Graham’s disappearance, investigators said Thursday.

Most businesses either do not have surveillance equipment or their equipment is internal, according to police Capt. Gary Pleasants.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_38e36c12-c1a5-53b1-bde2-c0149281b64c.html

Why would L.e want to throw a sketch into the mix, to confuse the public even more, if they knew or thought it was really the other guy?

Sorry yall but my gut is telling me this is the who dun it!! Maybe hes deflecting as the POI is not seen on any video so far... JMO for now.

I hope this will clarify for some:

"The description of the person of interest emerged after surveillance videos showed a man following Graham early Saturday morning. The man told police that he was following Graham because she appeared "physically distressed" and he was trying to help her.

The man also told police that he stopped following Graham when he she met a second man that she seemed to know and put his arm around her, according to police.

[snip]

The new videos show Graham, 18, walking past an outdoor mall area at 1:06 a.m. and a man in light colored shorts following her. At one point he ducked into a corner and watched her. A second camera shows the same man following Graham a few minutes later, according to police.

The man called into the police tip line hours before the surveillance footage that showed him following Graham was released. He went to the police station at 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night.

"Anyone who saw her is a person of interest," Capt. Gary Pleasants told ABC News. "He saw her and said he was following her, so that's interesting. But right now we're seeing him as a cooperative witness."

[snip]

"He told police that he was following Ms. Graham as she looked to be somewhat physically distressed and he wanted to make sure she got safely to wherever she was going," police said in a statement.

Investigators are searching for the second man who the witness alleges spoke to Graham and stopped her as she was walking. The second man is not seen in any of the surveillance footage."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-university-virginia-student-hannah-graham-man/story?id=25592387

I keep thinking about Dateline and "to catch a predator", how many times did they say, "I came to this child/teen's house to warn them of the dangers" or "to teach them of the dangers". I really am getting a really bad feeling here and its not about Dreadlock guy. IMHO

Quite frankly I am not sure of much in this case.I don't know if WG is guilty of anything

What I find strange is LE seems to be taking his word on this mystery man who doesn't appear on video
I sort of expected the police release to use the plural when they explained where the information came from... witnesses
Maybe they are just entertaining his ideas. And maybe he is innocent. Who knows? Maybe they don't even know what to think. Since they have no other evidence they have to go on what they are told.

Keep in mind, the POI in the Morgan Harrington case is actually a sketch from a 2005 case. 9 years is a lot of time to change size.

Additionally... Unfortunately the POI in MH's case seems to have been successful in staying out of the lime light... So as to stay "hidden"....

it seems that a "successful" career criminal would not risk getting into a situation such as this... Where he could possibly be tracked on video footage... And witnessed by other people....

All... JMO...

Additionally... Unfortunately the POI in MH's case seems to have been successful in staying out of the lime light... So as to stay "hidden"....

it seems that a "successful" career criminal would not risk getting into a situation such as this... Where he could possibly be tracked on video footage... And witnessed by other people....

All... JMO...

Or he is in jail already

I am also wondering if this is a strategic tactic by the cops has to not spook the dreadlocks guy. Release the wrong info to draw the dreadlocks guy in. This way the deadlock guy thinks he isn't a suspect.

Looking at the video, we see Hannah pass by the WG and then he follows her accordingly.

Behind the group of people now trailing the WG, there is a dreadlock guy following behind them while looking ahead.

In the next video, you can see Hannah walking stride for stride with what appears to be the dreadlock guy, you can see the dreads and belly.

This is not to say the witness is wrong or that the dreadlock guy is responsible for her disappearance but Hannah is definitely walking right next to this guy and turning her head towards the person as if talking.

Perhaps she later comes into contact with the POI but there is little doubt after a close look at the second video that she is walking and perhaps talking with someone that looks like the dreadlock guy!

All... JMO...

I agree that if someone was an experienced criminal (rapist or killer) who was planning to find prey, they would make sure not to be in an area with so many cameras. Of course, I don't know whether this was planned or the perp was experienced, so it may be a moot point.

I don't think police are necessarily taking his word on it. I think, because they know with certainty that cell phone guy was following Hannah, they are releasing information about the alleged black man just IN CASE there is truth to it.

Quite frankly I am not sure of much in this case.I don't know if WG is guilty of anything

What I find strange is LE seems to be taking his word on this mystery man who doesn't appear on video
I sort of expected the police release to use the plural when they explained where the information came from... witnesses

I think the reason why LE is trusting WG so much, is that they actually have seen/credibly heard of what's in the bank videos, they just might not be in possession of them right now/ready to release them.

What is truly tragic about this is the fact that the Cville police department is right there off of the downtown mall. If only someone had called 9-1-1 and had a cop walk down to get her and take her home, she might be safely at home crashing after a day of classes today.

I don't think the guy that Hannah is walking with is the dreadlock guy at all.

Looking at the video, we see Hannah pass by the WG and then he follows her accordingly.

Behind the group of people now trailing the WG, there is a dreadlock guy following behind them while looking ahead.

In the next video, you can see Hannah walking stride for stride with what appears to be the dreadlock guy, you can see the dreads and belly.

This is not to say the witness is wrong or that the dreadlock guy is responsible for her disappearance but Hannah is definitely walking right next to this guy and turning her head towards the person as if talking.

Perhaps she later comes into contact with the POI but there is little doubt after a close look at the second video that she is walking and perhaps talking with someone that looks like the dreadlock guy!

I agree that if someone was an experienced criminal (rapist or killer) who was planning to find prey, they would make sure not to be in an area with so many cameras. Of course, I don't know whether this was planned or the perp was experienced, so it may be a moot point.

Opportunity.

Once I started following WS and actively participating, I realized I became much more aware of the people around me. It kinda makes you paranoid like that! ;)

This case has really made me realize how little I pay attention to my surroundings (as I'm sure so many others do too). I'm usually so focused on my own activities that I would be useless to others in cases like this. I'm going to start paying more attention in case I ever have to point someone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990