VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting thought. I'm not very familiar with law enforcement in VA. What makes you think that?

The comments about him trailing like he's police or security. There are a few bars on the downtown mall that would likely drive ABC officers to this location. There's news of an ABC officer targeting Elizabeth Daly at a Charlottesville Harris Teeter after suspecting her sparkling water was alcohol.

MOD NOTE:

Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here, it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness, name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

I understand the dilemma trying to distinguish between the unnamed persons, so let's try this:

"WG" or "white guy"

"BG" or "black guy"

"Dreads" or "black man with dreads"

No other nicknames or name variations will be allowed.

Thanks.

If that was really an ALE officer and if she was clearly intoxicated in public, then the ALE officer would have pretty much stopped her, questioned her, asked for ID, possibly arrested her and then went after the bar she was at that served her underage.
An on duty ALE officer is not following someone clearly underage who is drunk in public and then just lets them walk away when they see them with someone else.

I though I saw a tweet a few hours ago that her phone was found?
I was assuming near the river,since they kept searching there...

If that was really an ALE officer and if she was clearly intoxicated in public, then the ALE officer would have pretty much stopped her, questioned her, asked for ID, possibly arrested her and then went after the bar she was at that served her underage.
An on duty ALE officer is not following someone clearly underage who is drunk in public and then just lets them walk away when they see them with someone else.
Thank you. I'm glad I lost my post, because yours is much more clear haha.

I can't wait until this gets solved. I feel like we've all been beating our own horses here since I posted about the disappearance. [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an even more basic question, I guess. What is an ABC officer??? We definitely had nothing like that near where I grew up or went to school. A whole police force dedicated to alcohol enforcement?

They had them in my university town. But they weren't present all the time. It was like every once in a while we would hear that "ABC is out tonight" meaning the bars would all be much stricter about serving under age and we'd all better behave while we were out.

I don't know about Charlottesville.

oh, ty. Then it does seem like a long time of 30 days to get phone analysis. JMO

This should be how it goes. I wonder with their recent run in with Elizabeth Daly if they were told to change their approach.

I would love to know if Hannah had any type of case on her phone and if so- what was the color or design? I haven't heard that the phone is found. The last I heard was that they hadn't found the phone, but believe she still had it with her at the time of the mall footage. If they want the public to keep their eyes peeled for her phone then they need to describe it.

Map zooming in close on the Downtown Mall from the jewelry store to the 500 block (roughly). It looks to me like it was only a few steps to where 4th St. SE crosses the mall strip. Somebody who accosted her as she entered the crossing would not likely be on video even if neighboring stores did have cameras that were pointed outside.

If they turned to the right on 4th, it looks like it would take them very near where the parking garage is supposed to be. If they turned left, they'd only be a short block from the Market Street Parking Garage.

He could also have accosted her where 5th crosses the mall strip. A left there would take them directly to the Market Street garage.

Market Street is part of US250, which would take them directly to Zion Crossroads where that one tip came from. That's probably not relevant but it does show how quickly they could have been out of there. Less than five minutes.

https://goo.gl/maps/U0OgB

thought this was interesting from the UK article bullets
... leads me to believe they have video of him but haven't released it but why wouldn't they?

Police launch hunt for 'person of interest' seen by witness walking with his arm around missing UVA student Hannah Graham as she staggered through downtown mall

Police release description of black male seen with Hannah Graham at 1am
Seen by witness who followed the 18-year-old after becoming concerned by her stumbling
Saw man and teen walking through Charlottesville downtown mall
Described man as having a shaven head, wearing black jeans
Was wearing a white T-shirt, has a 'beer belly' and a goatee
Witnessed putting his arm around Hannah as they walked down street
Police released surveillance footage of witness following Hannah
They have not released the footage of the black male 'person of interest'
Sent text at 1.20am to friends to say she was lost in the neighborhood where she lives
Her parents say that they now 'fear the worst'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wed-stumbled-deserted-mall.html#ixzz3DiFPbz8q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just because you have the phone, doesnt mean its in any sort of working condition. It could take a while to pull all the data off a phone that isnt working (read smashed, thrown in water etc..) Even then, you still have to jump through all the hoops. Even the FBI can't just walk into Verizon and say "I need every piece of data from this phone number" There are processes in place to protect information. In these situations they are roadblocks...but in other scenarios they are actually protectants.

I have seen several times that it has NOT been recovered, though I keep reading it the other way around.

So here are the two WGs from the two videos we have been talking about.

guy 1.png guy 2.png

They look so different to me - but the witness has stated that both of these are him? I know there was one case a while ago (Jennifer Kesse I think) where the security cam caught a potential suspect and everyone thought he was wearing a white shirt but it was found that the camera recorded it in such a way that it actually was a black shirt but it looked white. This could possibly explain why the color of the pants looks different between the two, but the body shapes are so different...I'm personally having a hard time with this detail.

why didn't her friends worry about her after her last text about being lost? no one checked up to see if she found her way home?

why didn't her friends worry about her after her last text about being lost? no one checked up to see if she found her way home?

This is a really good question. When she texted that and then never showed up at home, why did it take so long before LE was called?

thought this was interesting from the UK article bullets
... leads me to believe they have video of him but haven't released it but why wouldn't they?

Police launch hunt for 'person of interest' seen by witness walking with his arm around missing UVA student Hannah Graham as she staggered through downtown mall

Police release description of black male seen with Hannah Graham at 1am
Seen by witness who followed the 18-year-old after becoming concerned by her stumbling
Saw man and teen walking through Charlottesville downtown mall
Described man as having a shaven head, wearing black jeans
Was wearing a white T-shirt, has a 'beer belly' and a goatee
Witnessed putting his arm around Hannah as they walked down street
Police released surveillance footage of witness following Hannah
They have not released the footage of the black male 'person of interest'
Sent text at 1.20am to friends to say she was lost in the neighborhood where she lives
Her parents say that they now 'fear the worst'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wed-stumbled-deserted-mall.html#ixzz3DiFPbz8q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is from The Daily Mail, which has issues with accuracy. I believe LE specifically stated they do NOT have any footage of the mystery black male at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurkeyDinosaur