VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live, in Newcastle in the UK, we have 2 universities in the City, and it's a popular venue for people to come and drink. People travel from other places in the UK to party here, especially stag and hen nights. All the bouncers in our city are trained to look after vulnerable drunk young women after a double rape incident. The police commissioner passed a judgement that means that bouncers aren't only there to stop underage drinking and fights but are also expected to look after any woman who appears to be vulnerable and get LE to the scene. On the whole, despite the high numbers of people who party in the City its a relatively safe place to be.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/police-force-newcastle-clubbers-scan-7039320

Just to clarify, the description of the black male, that was not seen on ANY surveillance footage came from another man who was seen on surveillance video following Hannah.

I'm just posting this since a lot of conversation was going back and forth concerning whether LE was providing the description of the person of interest based on the man's word or if they'd seen him on video.

Actual quote from article-
"The description came from another man who was seen on surveillance videos following Graham on the night she disappeared. The "person of interest" is not seen on any surveillance footage." http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-university-virginia-student-hannah-graham-man/story?id=25592387

""Right now we're seeing him as a cooperative witness," Capt. Gary Pleasants told ABC News referring to the man seen on the video"

The words 'right now' and 'seeing him' leads me to believe they do not necessarily trust him, but for 'right now' they've not determined one way or the other if he's hiding something.

Just keep in mind that every drinker is different and it is documented she was a drinker and was drinking this night. Sure, some people pass out. Some people stumble a lot. However, when I was in college I sure saw them run the gamut.

I had one friend who would take off, and his is the first reaction I thought of when I saw this. Something would bother him and he'd storm off, purposefully. It was the way his chemistry interacted with alcohol. We lost him for an entire night and following day after drinking because he stormed off, almost got hit by cars, ran from us when we tried to catch up, until we lost him. He came back to the hotel later that day with a broken leg. I don't claim to know Hannah but this video brought me back to those very scary days with my friend. I assume if she has acted like this before, her friends will have told the police that.

Ok -- I'm a bit confused. At the 29 second mark there is a person walking westbound along Preston ave towards the pub. She crosses the street and eventually appears on the left side of the video. It looks like she stumbles on the curb the disappears from the video. At 2min 50 sec it looks like the same person reappears and goes into the pub. If the person at the 29 sec mark and the one that is at the 2 min 50 sec mark are the same then at 29 sec. Hannah Graham is walking westbound, back towards UVa. So she started out at Wertland and the Frat parties-somehow made her way to Grady-walked past the pub, crossed 9th street N.W.- stopped-turned around and walked back across 9th street N.W.- passed the pub, talked to somebody there and then continued on her way eastward across 9th st. N.W. and on to the downtown mall. Is this what everybody thinks happened? After she crossed 9th st N.W. She may have sensed she was heading in the wrong direction.

Ok -- I'm a bit confused. At the 29 second mark there is a person walking westbound along Preston ave towards the pub. She crosses the street and eventually appears on the left side of the video. It looks like she stumbles on the curb the disappears from the video. At 2min 50 sec it looks like the same person reappears and goes into the pub. If the person at the 29 sec mark and the one that is at the 2 min 50 sec mark are the same then at 29 sec. Hannah Graham is walking westbound, back towards UVa. So she started out at Wertland and the Frat parties-somehow made her way to Grady-walked past the pub, crossed 9th street N.W.- stopped-turned around and walked back across 9th street N.W.- passed the pub, talked to somebody there and then continued on her way eastward across 9th st. N.W. and on to the downtown mall. Is this what everybody thinks happened? After she crossed 9th st N.W. She may have sensed she was heading in the wrong direction.

I haven't heard anyone address the fact that she was heading westbound at first in that video, meaning she had passed it at an earlier time. I brought that up last night. I don't know how she got to that point prior to showing up at the pub. I'm curious about that. I wonder if she can be seen on the video prior to that...passing by the first time.

http://www.wric.com/story/26574589/day-6-in-search-for-hannah-police-seek-person-of-interest
"The city of Charlottesville announced that they are offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the cause of the disappearance of Graham."

How often is a reward offered for information that leads to the cause of the disappearance of someone? I don't see it very often at all.

It is unusual, but maybe they felt it would set the bar too high to say "whereabouts of" and they wanted to encourage people to report things like rumors and people potentially involved, even thought the tipster may not know where HG is located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the person seen early in the video crossing 9th st NW and walking back towards the pub the same person seen later in the video at the 2min 50 mark. If it is, then it means that Hannah Graham walked a good ways past the pub, then something made her come back. She may have realized she was really lost at that point.

I really believe you people suspecting the "<modsnip> white guy" need to back off this thought and re-assess your thoughts on this case. The reason I don't think it could be him at all is because LE is outright saying so, and Heather's abductor is more than likely Morgan Harrington's abductor -- and he's a black man.

I don't completely agree with you. LE has to make a case that there is or is not a POI described by the WG who was following her. So far, he is the only witness describing the BG with the goatee. If others don't come forward as having seen this guy, it could be because the WG is making him up.

You're all gonna think I'm bat***** crazy, but when my fiance (private investigator) and I watched the video, we both saw the white man and said, "he's a cop!" It was something about how he trailed her, or almost like secret service or something, he got ahead of her, blended, avoided, and pursued.

Or a predator...

I haven't heard anyone address the fact that she was heading westbound at first in that video, meaning she had passed it at an earlier time. I brought that up last night. I don't know how she got to that point prior to showing up at the pub. I'm curious about that. I wonder if she can be seen on the video prior to that...passing by the first time.

If there are no videos showing her initially walking past the pub, then she may have come out of Wertland , crossed 10th street, entered Page street, turned north on 9th st. NW, turned west on Preston and headed back towards the pub. Does that seem reasonable? If they had videos of her initially walking past the pub they would have shown them.

Is the person seen early in the video crossing 9th st NW and walking back towards the pub the same person seen later in the video at the 2min 50 mark. If it is, then it means that Hannah Graham walked a good ways past the pub, then something made her come back. She may have realized she was really lost at that point.

Yes, it is Hannah in the very beginning...walking westbound.

Can someone post the video of Hannah by the Pub, please. I haven't seen it in it's entirety. TIA. Also, TODAY reported this morning that LE will be viewing videos today from area banks and the reward is up to $50,000.

I am confused about the cooperating witness describing seeing Hannah with the bald POI, yet no mention of dreadlocks guy who I am convinced was with Hannah in the Tuel video while WG followed behind. I realize LE is not gonna show their hand while they gather evidence, but it seems to me LE is downplaying Dreadlocks guy and WG while they search for the mystery BG. MOO

Where are you Hannah?

If there are no videos showing her initially walking past the pub, then she may have come out of Wertland , crossed 10th street, entered Page street, turned north on 9th st. NW, turned west on Preston and headed back towards the pub. Does that seem reasonable? If they had videos of her initially walking past the pub they would have shown them.

It seems extremely odd and and extremely unsafe route to take, but I suppose it could be possible. Or perhaps she cut over on West St. I wonder if Settle Tire has any surveillance... probably not.

I really believe you people suspecting the "<modsnip> white guy" need to back off this thought and re-assess your thoughts on this case. The reason I don't think it could be him at all is because LE is outright saying so, and Heather's abductor is more than likely Morgan Harrington's abductor -- and he's a black man.

I don't think it's any more likely that Hannah's abductor is MH's abductor than it is that WG is involved.

So according to LE "He was seen with Hannah Graham in the 3-500 blocks of E. Main St. on the Downtown Mall in the City of Charlottesville around 1 to 1:15 a.m. on September 13 (Friday night/Saturday morning), according to police" so if the surveillance from Tuel's Jewelers located at 319 E. Main St at 1:08 doesn't show this guy, then he would have approached Hannah sometime between the moment we've seen her in that video and the time she may have reached the end of the 500 block, right? From what I can tell via Google Maps, there's nothing more opened past the end of 500 block at that time of the morning. Is that right? There shows to be a Sky Bar on the corner at the end of that block so I wonder if there's anything that could be learned from there... maybe she went in there? I can't help but wonder if she could have and someone was waiting for her to leave.

...just more speculation

Very good points on the McGrady video..that is really the only point out of all of what we've seen where she truly looks like she could be totally turned around and lost IMO..all the other videos as most have pointed out she looks like she's headed somewhere with a purpose...

It seems extremely odd and and extremely unsafe route to take, but I suppose it could be possible. Or perhaps she cut over on West St. I wonder if Settle Tire has any surveillance... probably not.

She may have been panicked and in a maze at that point. She came out of 9th st. NW onto Preston, saw the lights and activity from the pub and headed that way for safety. Talk to people in that neighborhood- maybe somebody spotted her. She would definitely draw attention at that time of night. Who knows. Somebody could have started to follow her at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico