VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous tweets from earlier in the day said police were not able to get additional surveillance footage (prior to checking with the bank). It is mind boggling to me that in this situation these businesses are not coming forth with this footage. Maybe I'm crazy but in my mind you should be able to go door to door to track her on camera until she leaves the downtown mall. I wish at the end of this that police would release the names of businesses who provided their footage so I know which ones to continue to patronize

It sounds like a lot of businesses don't have external footage - just internal or none at all. That's why we haven't seen more video.

+
Previous tweets from earlier in the day said police were not able to get additional surveillance footage (prior to checking with the bank). It is mind boggling to me that in this situation these businesses are not coming forth with this footage. Maybe I'm crazy but in my mind you should be able to go door to door to track her on camera until she leaves the downtown mall. I wish at the end of this that police would release the names of businesses who provided their footage so I know which ones to continue to patronize

Banks have privacy issues with releasing videos that might show any of their customers, even incidentally. LE probably had to go through the warrant process.

Nope, this made me more suspicious.
I think he was trying to convince people that it was indeed right to call the tipline, and encourage them to come forward.
But he was so careful trying to phrase this that he momentarily forgot Hannah's name, and referred repeatedly to the witness as "this guy."

Most importantly, as he was wrapping up, he pointed out that the witness saw Hannah with another person and went on his way. But then he pauses and says "we know the person Hannah EVENTUALLY caught up with" was a black male. Which implies WG continued to follow, and didn't go on his way.

So...either something is not quite right here, or there was a DIFFERENT witness that described the black male? Something is off.

But the police absolutely are right to praise a witness for coming forward, because they want others to do so. Even if they suspect him, they would be smart not to tell us, for this reason.

I just heard an interview on CNN and the police spokesperson didn't just sort of half-heartedly thank Doorway Guy for coming forward. He went out of his way to praise the guy for calling the tip line before the video was "even released" and his tone sounded sincere. I think maybe the police really do believe <modsnip> at this point.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/us/virginia-missing-student-hannah-graham/

I have read too many cases where good Samaritans have put themselves in missing person cases only to found out they did it.

Maybe dread guy is a female in white capris. Sort of looks like a ponytail as much as dreads........and it is sort of a strange outfit for a guy...............who knows? JMO

Or...maybe we're ALL JUST IMAGINING that she is with someone, and either Doorway Guy is the one responsible, or not. :thinking:

Oh gosh! I took a short nap, then was on a two hour call. Has LE released a sketch or description of a POI? TIA.

they need warrant. It wont happen in one day. mostly 24-48 hrs. Unless the fbi/ dea step in.. That would get the ball rolling

Can someone repost the new sketch, description or whatever that came out in the last two hours? Please!!!

Locals!! How far is the bank mentioned from the parking garage mentioned? Anyone know? JMO

Oh gosh! I took a short nap, then was on a two hour call. Has LE released a sketch or description of a POI? TIA.

Just a description. Black male, 5'11" clean-shaven head, goatee.

Nope, this made me more suspicious.
I think he was trying to convince people that it was indeed right to call the tipline, and encourage them to come forward.
But he was so careful trying to phrase this that he momentarily forgot Hannah's name, and referred repeatedly to the witness as "this guy."

Most importantly, as he was wrapping up, he pointed out that the witness saw Hannah with another person and went on his way. But then he pauses and says "we know the person Hannah EVENTUALLY caught up with" was a black male. Which implies WG continued to follow, and didn't go on his way.

So...either something is not quite right here, or there was a DIFFERENT witness that described the black male? Something is off.

But the police absolutely are right to praise a witness for coming forward, because they want others to do so. Even if they suspect him, they would be smart not to tell us, for this reason.

nah. I don't get the impression they suspect him. and I think they would have been far more vague with their language if they had doubts. I genuinely think they believ him to be a witness only.

+

Banks have privacy issues with releasing videos that might show any of their customers, even incidentally. LE probably had to go through the warrant process.

But wouldn't the bank have been closed/not had customers that time of night?

ETA: I guess maybe they would have if they have an ATM outside or in a vestibule.

Hey Bogart,
Absolutely. This is the guy and if they find the POI in this case, they have Morgan's killer. Part of me is excited at the prospect for Morgan's parents, while the other part of me absolutely hates it for Heather's.
The "white guy" in the video more than likely has nothing to do with Heather's disappearance. Many guys do creepy stuff like follow girls in tight pants so they can stare at their backsides. If the police and FBI don't think it's him, it's not him. They have their reasons.
There is obviously a black guy with dreads in the video. The police are not looking at him right now (as some had incorrectly thought), but they are looking for a different black male with shorter hair. This doesn't surprise me as Morgan's killer was never mentioned to have dreads -- and Morgan's killer is CERTAINLY responsible for this. It is 2.2 miles exactly from JPJ Arena to the Mall and in a city of 50,000 people, 2 college girls disappearing in a drunken stupid over a period of just five years is no coincidence. It is this man. Whoever the police are looking for is Morgan's killer. This guy is out there and I don't believe he's been seen on any camera yet. Part of me thinks this because he's a pro and knows what he's doing. He has gotten away with at least 2 different violent crimes (rape and murder), and probably many more. He's not going to get a girl in an area that can be picked up by video. He's also going to do his best not to appear on any video on the night of the crime. These are just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog