VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the table? That's harsh. Most states I've been in, you can place your last order at the bell and then you have half an hour or so to finish. Not that I've been everywhere, mind you.

Most of the bars I've been to in VA they'll call last call at about 1:30 and start taking drinks out of your hands before it even hits 2 telling you to get the hell out..

You're all gonna think I'm bat***** crazy, but when my fiance (private investigator) and I watched the video, we both saw the white man and said, "he's a cop!" It was something about how he trailed her, or almost like secret service or something, he got ahead of her, blended, avoided, and pursued.

I'm so behind, and trying my best to catch up. Just wanted to say I thought the SAME thing. My whole family is LE, and I tend to see those signs easily too.

Is the person Hannah's walking next to in the jewelry store video "BG"? And is "BG" the same person police released a description of (based on "WG"s description)? And is "WG" the person seen following her in the mall AND jewelry store videos? Just for the sake of clarity!

i am so confused by the two downtown mall surveillance vids. in the first one i see hannah and WG in the background, but i also see a white-shorted, seemingly BG walk left to right in the foreground
then in #2, i see WG following HG who seems to be with white shorts BG.
but BG seems to have dreds, which doesn't match the description of the POI?

New poster, went to UVA in late 90's. Random thoughts:
1. Perhaps white dude passed a lie detector test and this is why they believe his story about the person of interest.
2. Hannah's outfit seems very strange given her conservative manner of dress in all other photos I have seen of her. There are a lot of theme/ dress up frat parties at UVA - like 80's theme - wondering if perhaps that explains her unusual manner of dress.
3. I cannot figure out why a second year student would ever be on the downtown mall at 1am alone. Not a place I would expect her to be hanging out. I believe she may have been drugged. It doesn't make sense.
4. For posters earlier wondering if this had something to do with the sorority system and a scavenger hunt, no way. Girls would never be sent down to that area and never do something like that alone. I was in a sorority and UVA, people would never have put their pledges in harms way like that (speaking about sororities not frats). Also timing doesn't make sense - pledging happens in spring mostly for 1st years. My two cents. Hoping her family gets some resolution soon.

I've been trying speed read all the threads, so I'm sorry if this has been covered..Someone said he thought the person of interest (not in the videos) was a professional and wouldn't be seen in camera range which made me think he'd have to have good knowledge of the mall and camera locations...or he cased the place prior. If this is the case, I wonder if the police have looked at footage from security cameras days and weeks prior?

Is this the one where she is walking very bow legged, or with a wide gait? It was an odd gait... not like a cute little college girl out at night. More like a giraffe first learning to walk. I think that was the first video I saw, as well.

Wonder if Hannah was looking for a washroom?

Interesting. Although a beat cop wouldn't let her just go off with a black male who just walked up on her. No way. Anyone know what Hannah was majoring in at Virginia?

You're all gonna think I'm bat***** crazy, but when my fiance (private investigator) and I watched the video, we both saw the white man and said, "he's a cop!" It was something about how he trailed her, or almost like secret service or something, he got ahead of her, blended, avoided, and pursued.

If it's an older man he may have felt awkward approaching a young college girl.

I was around 17 and was driving with my boyfriend and one of his buddies following me in another car. I had to stop and get gas and they parked and waited. An older man approached me and actually kind of freaked me out - but he asked if I knew them because he was a little put off by it. I told him I did, and he shared that his daughter was once attacked by a stranger at a gas station :eek:hwow:

i am so confused by the two downtown mall surveillance vids. in the first one i see hannah and WG in the background, but i also see a white-shorted, seemingly BG walk left to right in the foreground
then in #2, i see WG following HG who seems to be with white shorts BG.
but BG seems to have dreds, which doesn't match the description of the POI?
BG is not the poi, and has apparently been cleared. Poi is not in video

New poster, went to UVA in late 90's. Random thoughts:
1. Perhaps white dude passed a lie detector test and this is why they believe his story about the person of interest.
2. Hannah's outfit seems very strange given her conservative manner of dress in all other photos I have seen of her. There are a lot of theme/ dress up frat parties at UVA - like 80's theme - wondering if perhaps that explains her unusual manner of dress.
3. I cannot figure out why a second year student would ever be on the downtown mall at 1am alone. Not a place I would expect her to be hanging out. I believe she may have been drugged. It doesn't make sense.
4. For posters earlier wondering if this had something to do with the sorority system and a scavenger hunt, no way. Girls would never be sent down to that area and never do something like that alone. I was in a sorority and UVA, people would never have put their pledges in harms way like that (speaking about sororities not frats). Also timing doesn't make sense - pledging happens in spring mostly for 1st years. My two cents. Hoping her family gets some resolution soon.

:welcome:

I have been wondering about your point #2 since I saw that photo. I agree with your point 4 as well.

She has such long legs I think it makes her appear more awkward. She looks like she is confused/lost in that video as she came around that outdoor cafe,imo.

From what I see in the ROOF EAST shot (Gas Station) in that video; you can see the faint silhouette of her RUNNING. Very eerie. She is most definitely running in that shot. She looks inebriated in the other, to me, in my experience.

Link to video for reference: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web-extra-surveillance-video-shows-hannah-graham/28115262

I just don't think her outfit is strange... crop tops are super trendy right now for college girls.

Also, the other photos we have seen of her appear to be during the day time. I haven't seen any other pictures of her from a bar or at parties, so I don't think we necessarily know how she usually dresses for a night out drinking.

Most of her body is covered. It's just some of her stomach that is showing. I don't think this was for a themed party, as I think this outfit is what she wore to dinner and drinks with friends earlier as well and it just seems like a normal night out 2014 college-girl outfit to me.

I've seen earlier mention of a composite sketch of the BG released by police. However, I can't find any images of it on-line. I've only seen written description of BG. Can anyone clarify?
And why is dread-locked BG in video in front of jewelry store not a POI? whole thing is very confusing and I personally suspect the WG. I feel like LE knows a lot they are not releasing to the public in effort to make their POI let his guard down.

A professional would never be that obvious. As a matter of fact.......you'd be hard pressed to ID a professional tailing Hannah. The point is to NOT be noticed.

I don't think her manner of dress was unusual. There is a big difference between how you dress during the day with family to going out to a bar or party with college friends at night. Looks like a cute, normal, college girl outfit who is going out to have some fun.

I am stuck on why she was at the mall though. Someone from the area said that it really isn't where young college students would walk to hang out at night while drinking especially not alone. If she wasn't drunk or drugged, then why was she there? Not sure I believe just "lost"
Maybe meeting someone, but I don't really get "oh I am casually walking to meet a friend" from the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand