VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding her text with the address, my thinking is someone else texted that. Her phone probably autocorrected to the address near her home since she'd probably texted that address in that past. Whoever was using her phone had no way of knowing that address was so close to her home so probably figured it was fine to "fool" everyone with.

Is this making sense?

I think she sent it. She was lost and THOUGHT she was at the address she typed, but clearly wasn't. If you're lost, you don't know where you are. Nothing around her looked like 14th and Wertland (because it wasn't) so she wrote she was lost with the address where she thought she was and where she wanted to be. I think she sent the text right before she was nabbed.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the perp be too busy nabbing her to also write a text that just happens to be about an address near her apt? I think she wrote it, but was unable to txt again.

As usual. LE is giving out only what they can. They know far more, but it's always this way. This chief has been very vocal, but he knows what to say and when.
Yes. It has to be this way... detectives' questioning of witnesses and potential suspects requires that information be held back from the public.

So now we have one journalist tweeting 164 is the street address, another (Spencer Hawes) saying 168.

I think she sent it. She was lost and THOUGHT she was at the address she typed, but clearly wasn't. If you're lost, you don't know where you are. Nothing around her looked like 14th and Wertland (because it wasn't) so she wrote she was lost with the address where she thought she was and where she wanted to be. I think she sent the text right before she was nabbed.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the perp be too busy nabbing her to also write a text that just happens to be about an address near her apt? I think she wrote it, but was unable to txt again.
Everyone I know who has a cellphone has a "maps" app..surprised that hasn't been mentioned

I wonder why he is looking in the wooded area? Chain link fences in this neck of the woods lots of times means cemetery, just sayin. jmo idk

Could be a dumpster area as well...

No body at scene of 11-hour #HannahGraham search 168 Hessian Hills Circle.

It was 168 Hessian Hills Circle, not 164 that has been previously mentioned in other tweets, comments etc. So yeah.....

but even that might not be correct! Ugh. no more sleuthing for me until a concrete address is shared.

If the search warrants are already sealed, I believe LE has way more information than we were aware of. It sounds to me like they have a pretty good idea of what happened and are set on building an air tight case to get the sob.

What does "being sealed" mean?

NBC4 news live from the scene just said several tips related to a suspicious vehicle led police to that vehicle at 3am.

so abandoned vehicle called in by citizens? Wonder where this vehicle was located and what was found in the vehicle.

Whatever happened, I believe this was a crime of opportunity, nothing premeditated.

Longo was asked by nbc reporter if this was a big break:

Q: Big break in this case? Chief : "I would say it is."

NBCWashington ‏@nbcwashington
BREAKING: Police say it's too early to say if search is a break in #HannahGraham case, but "I would hope that it is"

Just semantics, but this changes the quote slightly.

NBCWashington ‏@nbcwashington
BREAKING: Police say it's too early to say if search is a break in #HannahGraham case, but "I would hope that it is"

Just semantics, but this changes the quote slightly.

I would say more than slightly!

It was 168 Hessian Hills Circle, not 164 that has been previously mentioned in other tweets, comments etc. So yeah.....

but even that might not be correct! Ugh. no more sleuthing for me until a concrete address is shared.

Where does the 11 hr search come from?

OK So.... There was an item that was/is visible in a vehicle that has led LE to get a search warrant for the address that the vehicles owner owns/lives at.

NBC4 news live from the scene just said several tips related to a suspicious vehicle led police to that vehicle at 3am.

Does this imply that it wasn't info from cameras or anything that led the cops there but rather tips maybe from neighbors who live in the area and noticed the suspicious vehicle in their parking lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston