VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that article states she was last seen at the apartments...

Officers converged this morning on an apartment building in Hessian Hills, Virginia, where the British student was last seen.

According to Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo, the unit listed in the search warrant was linked to a person of interest in the 18-year-old's disappearance.

Police also searched a vehicle in connection to the missing person case.

I just love Parker...his reporting seems straight forward. He needs a raise!

I think she sent it. She was lost and THOUGHT she was at the address she typed, but clearly wasn't. If you're lost, you don't know where you are. Nothing around her looked like 14th and Wertland (because it wasn't) so she wrote she was lost with the address where she thought she was and where she wanted to be. I think she sent the text right before she was nabbed.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the perp be too busy nabbing her to also write a text that just happens to be about an address near her apt? I think she wrote it, but was unable to txt again.

There has been some speculation that there may have been two perps when it came to Morgan Harrington due to the location of where her body was found. Just brainstorming, but if there were two involved here I could see one sending a text to throw off the investigation. Heck, I could even see a lone perp doing so before discarding her phone battery. If you are going to do this, you would certainly do something with the phone to not allow tracking.

honestly? my thought was blood... :/

I was trying not to go that route. :( :(

One of the articles just recently posted said that people in the neighborhood said police took a man matching description in questioning. I thought LE have said they do not have anyone in custody or for questioning.

Can anyone confirm either?

:modstop:

Please people! We have had to remove several posts that included names and addresses of innocent people not connected to this case.

Reminder:

We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.
If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the proble.

That DM article states that the police have not released video footage of the BM POI - but why? Wouldn't they want his face plastered all over Charlottesville? Also, this particular article says that she sent the text with her location AFTER she was seen with the BM POI. She might've said, "Oh, I'm lost." He said, "Oh, I'll help you. We are at this location, tell your friends." knowing that he gave her a false location. Very scary.

Because the article is worded badly and makes it seem like Police have video of BM which as far as we know isn't the case. Nothing has been said to the fact that they have video of the BM with Hannah.

I think she sent it. She was lost and THOUGHT she was at the address she typed, but clearly wasn't. If you're lost, you don't know where you are. Nothing around her looked like 14th and Wertland (because it wasn't) so she wrote she was lost with the address where she thought she was and where she wanted to be. I think she sent the text right before she was nabbed.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the perp be too busy nabbing her to also write a text that just happens to be about an address near her apt? I think she wrote it, but was unable to txt again.

Unless there were two people involved.

Wondering if somewhere along the way they located her phone... She didn't have much else on her. Just racking my brain for what they could have found in the car that would lead them to the apartment (other than just owner of the vehicle = tenant of apartment).

My first thought was clothes. Her top was distinctive.

One article also says searching Hessian Apts "the last place Hannah was seen"... is this confirmed??

I was trying not to go that route. :( :(

One of the articles just recently posted said that people in the neighborhood said police took a man matching description in questioning. I thought LE have said they do not have anyone in custody or for questioning.

Can anyone confirm either?

I believe they said they hadn't arrested or questioned anyone in relation to the warrants. Technically, they could have someone detained.

I think maybe he looked at her phone and saw people were expecting her somewhere and typed the msg himself, not knowing it was 3 blocks away from her apt and she certainly would not be lost there. But then why say she was lost? That would (normally) prompt someone to look for her. I'm pissed it did not.

If he was trying to throw them off he could have just typed something like I'm not coming anymore don't wait up for me, going to so and so's house, etc

Wooow! This is BIG.

It sure seems to be.

From the article.

Neighbors said police in unmarked cars were in the neighborhood early this morning and took a man from the apartment who matched the description of a man whom police were hoping to question regarding Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind