VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to know where she was during that chunk of time after she left the party and before she was seen on video at McGrady's.

what was the very last question from the reporter woman, not Courtney. not the guy who asked if POI denied killing her. the very last lady who asked something and the detective said he's not going to go into that.

very good point. they have probable cause but a criminal investigation needs evidence BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT and unable to have an affirmative defense developed against the charges.

I'm wondering why they can't hold him on probable cause.

I just want to clarify... Corn rows and dreadlocks are different things. So far I have only heard LE use the term dreadlocks. AFAIK there is no person of interest in this case with corn rows in his hair.

the text makes less sense now. if she was at Tempo til 2ish, who wrote that text at 1:20 and why?

I'm pretty sure at the press conference Longo said she'd only been in Tempo 15 minutes, they took alcohol to go, and then they believe she got in the car. Still, I agree that the timing is weird if they met up at 1:08, probably got to the bar a few minutes later, and stayed the full fifteen minutes.

I didn't believe at all the theory that the perp was the one who texted her friend, but gee, now I wonder. Or maybe she did text from the car when he said they were getting close to her neighborhood or told her they were at a certain intersection but she didn't recognize it because they were totally not in her neighborhood at all? I don't know.

IMO they saw it but they tried to fool the perp into thinking they didn't but everyone else noticed it. I have seen it mentioned on twitter and fb and here. Maybe LE did not anticipate such a captive audience. Most missing persons cases are not getting this much attention.

Interesting...so you think him calling out the audience for noticing the details LE allegedly missed is just a continuation of the ruse? I hadn't thought of that. The way the previous poster (who I was responding to) wrote it, it sounded like they genuinely believed he was thanking people for notifying LE of what was in those videos otherwise they wouldn't have seen it and THAT I find VERY hard to believe.

That's the gap PD are currently trying to fill in with the public's help, I think. There aren't surveillance cams outside Tempo so no direct evidence there.

Where was she while he went in to buy alcohol? Waiting for him? Was there a third person?

The person of interest's residence per search warrant:

Copper car?

I imagine Hannah's parents are frustrated. I had been following the Alice Gross case (London), and learned from that thread that in the UK you don't need as much evidence to arrest someone (doesn't mean you can just hold them indefinitely of course)... but you can arrest someone on suspicion of "___". In Alice's case they arrested two different people on suspicion of murder (no body or physical evidence as far as the public knows) and they were ultimately released once the police finished investigating them.

I personally appreciate the US justice system, however her parents are originally from the UK and living there now, so I imagine it is frustrating to them that dreads guy could not be arrested on suspicion today, as that that is what would probably happen in their country.

(Please forgive my completely elementary understanding of the UK justice system. I am just speaking from what I heard from UK posters on the Alice Gross thread)

It's a restaurant and bar. She wouldn't need ID to get in.

http://www.tempocville.com

Actually, she probably should've been carded.
According to Tempo website
Dinner is served Monday through Saturday 5pm–10pm
~Bar Open Late ~

At least in the state I live in, you can get in uncarded during dinner hours, but as soon as dinner hours are over everyone in there is carded and everyone entering as well. Not sure how Va works.

If his car is really orange, too bad cameras are all in black and white. Still, it might stand put enough for some witnesses to say where he has been in the days following that night. But even a week is a long time for memories...:(

I'm so behind on these threads so someone might have mentioned this already, but we have great surveillance cameras around our house and it's the infrared that makes them blk/white because it was night. Although they might not be color during the day....it depends on the cameras! There are some amazing ones out there. Clear as day! But at night a bit more difficult with the infrared, however, our cameras are pretty clear! You can certainly make out who it is....or their face if you don't know them (we had happen once...very creepy!!!)

I agree. However I think if she was wearing sweats and a sweatshirt these guys would of just passed her by.

The facts that she was drunk, alone, and it was late made her vulnerable regardless of what she was wearing.

VA generally works like this too. From my experience, many restaurants on the downtown mall card after about 10pm. Not all, but a lot.

Actually, she probably should've been carded.
According to Tempo website
Dinner is served Monday through Saturday 5pm–10pm
~Bar Open Late ~

At least in the state I live in, you can get in uncarded during dinner hours, but as soon as dinner hours are over everyone in there is carded and everyone entering as well. Not sure how Va works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove