VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO The "calls" were about the car............nothing has been said that calls were about a POI..........the calls could have come from apartment neighbors, or, as easily, as someone suggested earlier, from parking lot or garage surveillance..........which could have led LE to the apartments. JMO

Sorry...it appears I was typing the same thought at the same time. :)

I take a lot of what LE does in these cases with a big grain of salt. Sometimes LE will pretend to focus on a different suspect just so the real suspect lets his guard down. Sometimes LE will release a sketch just to make it look like they are not as far into the investigation as they really are.

Besides, the language used in these cases is absolutely full of ambiguous wording. "Person of interest" and "ongoing investigation" are the two big ones that come to mind. To me, both those phrases carry almost zero specific meaning.

If the poi works in the area of the mall then their vehicle would maybe be parked there on a daily basis, then it's possible someone walking by saw something in the vehicle. idk jmo

Has anyone been listening to the police scanners for Charlottesville? Is that on a different thread. Sorry for my ignorance about protocol.

The POI was described as being bald. Why would a perp with dreads shave his head? To look MORE like the POI???

lol, I think the point was if they had said that the POI had dreadlocks, the perp might be like "Oh sh*&, they know what I look like! I better but my dreads off." So, to keep him from doing that, they lied about what the POI looked like and said he was bald so they could continue to search for the man with dreads.

IMO.

Has the case made national news? The only reason I know about it is that I'm a college student with friends at UVA, one of whom shared a link about it on Facebook. There doesn't appear to be much coverage in my hometown (midsized to large southern city).

So, here is my wild-*advertiser censored* guess.....

Someone called earlier in the week from near the apartment being searched. They said there were awoke early Saturday morning ( like 3:00 am) with some odd sounds outside. Couldn't tell.... but it looked like someone was loading something bulky into the orange car. That was EARLY in the process input into the tip hotline. Move forward 4 days....now...there's a video emerging of the orange car and/or Hannah from the parking garage. Video quality not good enough to read the plates maybe, but could tell make and model and perhaps color of the vehicle.... LE but put one and one together, found the registered owner from a clicense plate/DMV record search....and so the current address... LE got a warrant, searched the vehicle before transporting...only to find some blood stains in the interior or trunk. (OK, I admit.... I go by facts... but I also have an active imagination).

Great thoughts here, and certainly plausible. Something definitely tipped them off to the orange/copper car, and I think it's safe to believe that something relating to HG was found in the car, which lead to a search of the residence(s). Not surprising they haven't announced an arrest yet. I'm sure they are taking time to get their ducks in a row evidence-wise prior to pressing charges against someone. Unless she was found in the house, or there was undeniable evidence linking someone to her disappearance, all they could possibly say right now is "HG was here." That's it.

Has the case made national news? The only reason I know about it is that I'm a college student with friends at UVA, one of whom shared a link about it on Facebook. There doesn't appear to be much coverage in my hometown (midsized to large southern city).

It has made national and international news.

The Daily Mail has been leading with it on the U.S. side of their site.

(I've always thought the sketch of the suspect in Morgan Harrington's case looks like Denzel Washington)

21453752_SA.jpg

Sorry if someone already posted, but if you look at the county records for real estate it looks like two of the units are rented out in my opinion because they're owned by the same guy. Googled him and he looks like a real estate guy. Just my opinion. Hopefully this makes sense. This is my first post here.

**edited to fix a typo. Don't try to type on your phone while on cold medicine.**

Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser 2m
#HannahGraham presser moved back to 5pm. @DKaplan_WDBJ7 is on scene. Latest on @WDBJ7 at 5!

Apropos of the sealing of the warrants...if I recall correctly, and it's been years, so I cannot absolutely confirm this, but I believe there was a similar situation with the Yeardley Love/George Huguely murder case. The evidence in the case was very closely guarded and warrants kept under seal until the trial, and the trial was not televised, nor could pictures be taken. I wonder if it's just tradition in Albemarle/Central Virginia to keep evidence and testimony close to the vest, for a myriad of reasons, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove