VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/safety.html

2 sexual assaults in Charlottesville over the weekend?

From this link:

"The first incident involves a female U.Va. student who reported being sexually assaulted near Wertland Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 14.

The second incident is believed to have occurred in the 200 block of 15th Street NW during the early morning hours of Sept. 15, where police discovered an unconscious female who is a local resident. The circumstances regarding her injuries are unclear and are being investigated as a possible sexual assault"

Apropos of the sealing of the warrants...if I recall correctly, and it's been years, so I cannot absolutely confirm this, but I believe there was a similar situation with the Yeardley Love/George Huguely murder case. The evidence in the case was very closely guarded and warrants kept under seal until the trial, and the trial was not televised, nor could pictures be taken. I wonder if it's just tradition in Albemarle/Central Virginia to keep evidence and testimony close to the vest, for a myriad of reasons, I guess.

That's correct as far as it being common practice to seal warrants. They usually do it in high profile cases and when they want to keep info from getting to other potential defendants. I worked in criminal law.

Apropos of the sealing of the warrants...if I recall correctly, and it's been years, so I cannot absolutely confirm this, but I believe there was a similar situation with the Yeardley Love/George Huguely murder case. The evidence in the case was very closely guarded and warrants kept under seal until the trial, and the trial was not televised, nor could pictures be taken. I wonder if it's just tradition in Albemarle/Central Virginia to keep evidence and testimony close to the vest, for a myriad of reasons, I guess.

That's correct as far as it being common practice to seal warrants. They usually do it in high profile cases and when they want to keep info from getting to other potential defendants. I worked in criminal law.

**edit - Jeeze sorry I posted twice. I am sucking at this.**

Has the case made national news? The only reason I know about it is that I'm a college student with friends at UVA, one of whom shared a link about it on Facebook. There doesn't appear to be much coverage in my hometown (midsized to large southern city).

There are constant updates here in NY. As a mother of a second year female UVA student this story is driving me crazy and breaks my heart. Reading this thread with the mentions of other missing girls in the Charlottesville area has me very concerned for my daughter.

I have been to the mall numerous times, and did not like the element that hangs out at one end of the strip. I've tried to instill in my child the importance of buddying up off campus, being aware of the surroundings, and not hanging out downtown late at night, I hope to God she heeds my warnings.

My prayers go out to Hannah and her family.

Some on twitter are speculating that presser has been moved up because Roger Goodell (NFL Commissioner) will be making some sort of statement regarding all the domestic violence issues in the NFL at 3:00 Eastern.

Some on twitter are speculating that presser has been moved up because Roger Goodell (NFL Commissioner) will be making some sort of statement regarding all the domestic violence issues in the NFL at 3:00 Eastern.

Sometimes I forget (but am always reminded) that football is the most important thing in the world.

(It's great to see so many people on this thread. I only wish more of our other missing persons cases here would get as much attention. jmo)

In Chapel Hill/Durham NC, the Faith Hedgepeth search warrants were sealed for almost two years, and then released heavily-redacted, then released a second time almost two years to the day of her murder. Most people who've looked them over are sort of scratching their heads about why the police held everything so close to the vest for so long, since there is some bad stuff in them, but no really great evidence, unfortunately.

Ok...not sure what to tell you. There might be a lot of replies you or her friends and family might want to skip. Just in case they're reading here. Maybe there is a support thread that would be less likely to offend?

You know what you're right ...

(It's great to see so many people on this thread. I only wish more of our other missing persons cases here would get as much attention. jmo)

There seems to be some magical formula for when a missing person's case gets a lot of attention. I think in this case having all that footage of her helped, so it made the case seem more "real" to people. Plus, I think cases where there has clearly been foul play make it scarier (an thus more interesting) to the masses.

Sorry if this has already been raised before, but it appears to me that the Dreadlock guy from the Sal's Restaurant video stops and looks toward WG - this happens just as the two women walk by in front from R to L. He stops - and yes, it could just have been because the two women walk by but they don't appear to slow down, and he appears to look into the direction of WG.

Then WG stands in the door way. Meanwhile, Dreadlock guy loops around and is following the group that is following Hannah as she walks by and the WG follows her.

Then in the Tuel's video, it appears the same Dreadlock guy is walking with Hannah.

So when I look at those videos, it looks to me like WG is marking her for Dreadlock guy.

I understand this is inconsistent with what LE has said about WG and the description he gave, but that's what it looks like on the video to me.

Sorry if this has already been raised before, but it appears to me that the Dreadlock guy from the Sal's Restaurant video stops and looks toward WG - this happens just as the two women walk by in front from R to L. He stops - and yes, it could just have been because the two women walk by but they don't appear to slow down, and he appears to look into the direction of WG.

Then WG stands in the door way. Meanwhile, Dreadlock guy loops around and is following the group that is following Hannah as she walks by and the WG follows her.

Then in the Tuel's video, it appears the same Dreadlock guy is walking with Hannah.

So when I look at those videos, it looks to me like WG is marking her for Dreadlock guy.

I understand this is inconsistent with what LE has said about WG and the description he gave, but that's what it looks like on the video to me.

Welcome to WS, Muddy :).

You're not alone in that theory.

Fox News is doing a live broadcast as I type this.

The POI in this case was not arrested this morning.

3 people were at the apartment, but they didn't detain any of them (Why in the hell they didn't is beyond me.....)

The person of interest was one of the 3.

Possible arrest later this afternoon (I'm sure it has to do with the search efforts)

No description of POI was given during the above report----thus the Baldy v Dreads mystery shall continue

WOW! I go to sleep, care for 2 kids, and sign in to ALL of this! I'm so glad they may have a break in this case, but all of this is so confusing! I haven't finished reading this thread yet. I'm going to let the WG go now, but either he can't see or he was lying about the bald BG. All I see in those videos is a guy with dreads, but if he did lie, then why? Sorry like I said I haven't finished reading yet. If any of this has been touched on please excuse me.

(Do we have a thread downstairs? TIA)

Eta: for our new members and guests, "Downstairs", also known as the basement or parking lot, is a <modsnip> discussion area for members only. Things are posted there that we can not discuss upstairs (here). It's like Vegas, what happens downstairs, stays downstairs.

They just spoke about it on Fox where there is a video of the Chief stating that there were three ppl in the apt at the time the warrant was served on the car and they had nothing on them to detain them. I wish one of the these stations will post the whole clip of the chief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove