VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of you can forget it.

The odds of two killers/abductors working together are astronomical. Please feel free to cite past cases.

The odds of one of them being white, the other black, are far beyond astronomical.

Welcome to WS, Muddy :).

You're not alone in that theory.

Based on the body language and what police said about WG, I think this is what was stated. A guy who looked back saw her and maybe saw she was drunk and alone...and lingered back to watch her. They guy looks like he is 40+ and that is EXACTLY what I would do in the same situation.

Wow, yesterday I was up to date and on page 20 of thread three. Now, I'm way behing. going to try and catch up. Hope this is solved soon

Another missing Charlottesville girl ... what??

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA14-2005

Jasmine Butler
No photo available
Missing SinceSep 12, 2014
Missing FromCharlottesville, VA
Age Now17
SexFemale
RaceBlack
Hair ColorBrown
Eye ColorBrown
Height5'5"
Weight120 lbs
Jasmine was last seen September 12, 2014. She was wearing a teal blue tank top, black leggings, and black flip flops.

(Do we have a thread downstairs? TIA)

Eta: for our new members and guests, "Downstairs", also known as the basement or parking lot, is a <modsnip> discussion area for members only. Things are posted there that we can not discuss upstairs (here). It's like Vegas, what happens downstairs, stays downstairs.

Can someone direct me to Vegas. er, Downstairs?

There seems to be some magical formula for when a missing person's case gets a lot of attention. I think in this case having all that footage of her helped, so it made the case seem more "real" to people. Plus, I think cases where there has clearly been foul play make it scarier (an thus more interesting) to the masses.

This case got attention because Hannah is a young woman at a prestigious university whose last moments before being abducted were caught on tape. Parents worry that this could be their child, away at college. The fact that she is British caused their media to take interest too. It also happened in the DC metro area, and the national media likely pays more attention to stories in major media markets. Also, LE is releasing info and holding PC's so there is always something new to report. And of course, there is a lot of public interest.

So, here is my wild-*advertiser censored* guess.....

Someone called earlier in the week from near the apartment being searched. They said there were awoke early Saturday morning ( like 3:00 am) with some odd sounds outside. Couldn't tell.... but it looked like someone was loading something bulky into the orange car. That was EARLY in the process input into the tip hotline. Move forward 4 days....now...there's a video emerging of the orange car and/or Hannah from the parking garage. Video quality not good enough to read the plates maybe, but could tell make and model and perhaps color of the vehicle.... LE but put one and one together, found the registered owner from a clicense plate/DMV record search....and so the current address... LE got a warrant, searched the vehicle before transporting...only to find some blood stains in the interior or trunk. (OK, I admit.... I go by facts... but I also have an active imagination).

This is good!!! Forgive me, but I'm a little behind today.....wasn't the parking garage closed by the time HG was seen on video?

Welcome 322 Guests and all new members! :)

:welcome5:

Hi, longtime lurker here; I've posted a very few times.

A couple of observations I have from reading this particular case, which are a bit OT:

The Daily Mail (as mentioned already) is notoriously bad at conflating details, from dubious/spurious sources, and creating authoritive but highly inaccurate articles; e.g. rumour/SM/internet speculation/cherry picked items from other news sources become fact :( When I read an interesting/major story there, my first step is to then seek out other sources to try & see the wood from the trees.

Security camera video has surely been both a huge help, but also hindrance (some wild speculation & opinions - not necessarily just here).

Eye witness descriptions often turn out to be wildly disparate, & often wrong :(. Note, please, that I'm not saying WG is lying, nor am I saying I believe his story. However, an example of people's powers of observation (sparked by all the discussion surrounding the dreadlocked man here) : I have 2 100% Caucasion friends with blonde/light-coloured dreads, who have been described to me by others who don't know them, on more than one occasion, as "that black dude". IMO, some mental processes, perhaps influenced by societal conditioning, especially if one only see a glimpse of the person, or if one is concentrating on something else, can lead to erroneous "memories"/perceptions. I.E. "Dreads = black", even if to me, it's totally clear to me that neither of my mates are anything but white.

Re LE: what they do and don't reveal: years ago, an anonymous witness who saw a police sketch of a wanted man, informed police it was one of my sons:(. I was interviewed (at work) by LE, who gave me no clue as to why, & asked lots of what I perceived as non sequiturs.
Eventually, they told me what it was about, showed me sketch, we went straight to see son, & LE actually laughed when they met him. In addition to a watertight alibi, he looked NOTHING like sketch/description, & we learned later that they had already arrested perp, & investigation had to do with witness' possible involvement in other crimes.

N.B. I'm NOT COMMENTING on the people seen/not seen but described as POI on the videos for this case!! Just giving an example of the unreliablity of descriptions.

Gosh!! Sorry for being so long-winded:(!

Well it could be as innocent as that. She was wearing form fitting clothes and maybe he just wanted to get a better look. When someone came up and put their arm around her he stopped.

This is true, but mind you as I said I was a teen, not a grown woman following a teen....lol

Maybe, but shaving off dreadlocks because of worry that you match the description of someone involved in a crime would seem to me to bring even more attention to yourself. Everyone around you would think, "wow! he shaved off his dreadlocks," and "whoa! he looks so different." It might even prompt someone to call the police and say, "around the time she went missing and you announced that someone with dreadlocks was involved, he shaved off his dreadlocks."

Criminals are stupid though. Not being snarky at all. They really are.

Both of you can forget it.

The odds of two killers/abductors working together are astronomical. Please feel free to cite past cases.

The odds of one of them being white, the other black, are far beyond astronomical.

Um, it wasn't just the two of us. I was just trying to point out to a brand new poster that what he/she had posted had been discussed round and round and then around again multiple times on multiple pages.......Relax.

Charlottesville has a population of around 50,000. This is smaller than the town I am from (where there is rarely a murder/person going missing). What are the odds of all these missing (and murdered-MH) girls from this town in the last 5 years? Put that with the amount of violent sexual assaults (at least TWO last weekend alone near UVa). Not at all saying this was all done by one person, BUT I think one person is responsible for a lot of this. The size of the town vs. all this crime just blows my mind. No coincidence imo

Based on the body language and what police said about WG, I think this is what was stated. A guy who looked back saw her and maybe saw she was drunk and alone...and lingered back to watch her. They guy looks like he is 40+ and that is EXACTLY what I would do in the same situation.
But how would he have known all of that by a glance? From what I saw on the footage. He just glanced at her and then after she passed he started following her. Don't get me wrong if he's telling the truth then kudos to him.

Charlottesville has a population of around 50,000. This is smaller than the town I am from (where there is rarely a murder/person going missing). What are the odds of all these missing (and murdered-MH) girls from this town in the last 5 years? Put that with the amount of violent sexual assaults (at least TWO last weekend alone near UVa). Not at all saying this was all done by one person, BUT I think one person is responsible for a lot of this. The size of the town vs. all this crime just blows my mind. No coincidence imo

I think the big factor is it's a college town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead