VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if they moved the presser back once more...

sometimes dudes act 'stealthy' when they want a better look at an attractive girl in attractive clothes

Okay I give you that much, but all I can say to that is GROSS....How old is that guy like 40? He could have a child her age. Whatever he was doing unless he is telling the truth about trying to help her, it was inappropriate behavior for a grown man.

But how would he have known all of that by a glance? From what I saw on the footage. He just glanced at her and then after she passed he started following her. Don't get me wrong if he's telling the truth then kudos to him.

Sorry but I think that a man just following a girl around is very, very weird. It is one thing to look, and it is one thing to approach her and ask her if she needs some help, but just following her? If I noticed a man was following me I would be terrified. It is not normal, "protective" behavior, period. It is a best a very, very misguided notion of "helping" a vulnerable girl.

If I caught a man doing to me what WG was doing to Hannah in the footage then I would call the cops and get the eff out of there. I sure as sheet would not take a chance that he was "just trying to help".

Okay I give you that much, but all I can say to that is GROSS....How old is that guy like 40? He could have a child her age. Whatever he was doing unless he is telling the truth about trying to help her, it was inappropriate behavior for a grown man.

He looks more like 60.

uh yeah. older men check out younger women. are you just learning of this now?

It is effing disgusting what that man was doing. It is not normal and was obviously being done in a leering fashion. I understand that men like to check women out and ogle them, but actually following a woman is totally creepy to me and I do not care what people here are saying in his defense. Surreptitiously following a teenage girl around is very disturbing to me.

Someone said "The odds of two killers/abductors working together are astronomical. Please feel free to cite past cases."

Leonard Lake (caucasian) and Charles Ng (asian)
Angelo Buono and Kenneth Bianchi - Hillside Stranglers
Many husband and wife teams, unfortunately - I can cite them by name if you wish.

Not long ago the couple that killed the guy from Craigslist after he responded to the wife's ad looking for a companion (or however it was phrased). It wouldn't be unheard of for there to be two perps... but I'd find it really bizarre if it was those two guys. Based on clothing alone, they don't seem like they would be associated with each other.

Heroine, what you don't know is how that group caught his attention.... I mean the white guy definitely looks back... some SOUND would have done that... either a cat call... or the group of people laughing at the drunk girl walking... or laughing at the way she dressed... who knows... WG senses he needs to protect the girl. I have a 20 year old girl and I would do EXACTLY what he did if this is what really happened.

Just joined and finally have got caught up with all of the posts. I've been almost holding my breathe following along all week hoping for a quick and happy resolution. I live and work in Charlottesville and have been feeling the same anguish as several years ago with MH. Some thing that have occurred to me as I read these long threads that as I local I might have helpful information about.

1) Several years ago there was a proposed plan to install cameras on the downtown mall. After some amount of debate, the city council decided to not fund the plan. Which I feel was the source of some of the frustration in Chief Longo's press conference a couple of days ago.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/14015352/businesses-band-together-to-create-system-of-security-cameras

2) The Water Street parking garage closes at 1:00 A.M. Which means they close a big steel gate over the entrance and no one gets in or out, unless they phone a number and pay a $100 fee. I don't know how quickly after 1:00 the gate is closed.

3) The Hessian Hills Condos were an apartment complex until about 2005 (IIRC) At which time they were all sold, either to the individual living there, or to an investor/landlord. The county has a GIS web interface that can search the current ownership records. However given the prevalence of rental units in the complex, the current ownership records aren't especially useful for sleuthing. One person owns two of the units in 164, and they also own two units in the next building over. Some of the units have been fixed up more than others, but overall it is merely a very-reasonable-priced-for-how-close-it-is place to live. Two friends of mine live in the complex, one on the very same street.

Its disappointing that the press conference has been moved, but I hope that it indicates good news.

It is effing disgusting what that man was doing. It is not normal and was obviously being done in a leering fashion. I understand that men like to check women out and ogle them, but actually following a woman is totally creepy to me and I do not care what people here are saying in his defense. Surreptitiously following a teenage girl around is very disturbing to me.

it happens all the time. and maybe he was trying to protect her in some timid, unsure way. at this point, all we are doing is speculating and projecting.

It might seem weird that apparently several people noticed Hannah, but I think that because she was inebriated, young and attractive she drew a lot of attention. I was at an event recently at a coliseum, and I was sitting behind a very attractive young woman. I could not believe the number of men who stopped out of the blue to say something to her.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=407745066044721&set=a.127729820712915.28623.100004276931535&type=1&theater

From the above link (this is a reporter, Hawes Spencer's, Facebook)
"There was not probable cause to arrest those individuals," says Longo, "and the supervisor on the scene did not think he had probable cause to detain those individuals. Those individuals were identified and were allowed to leave the scene, and they did so without incident."

They also stated that the POI they were looking for was included in the 3 people.

I can't understand this at all............they just let him walk........??

For real ??

uh yeah. older men check out younger women. are you just learning of this now?

He was not "checking her out". If he were doing that, then it would have been barely noticeable on the footage. He was following her, which is disturbing stuff. If some old dude were following me around, then I would be very scared for my safety. Checking out a pretty girl is normal, purposefully following one is very suspicious and very abnormal. I once had a guy do this to me when I was drunk and it left me shaking and in tears by the time I made it to my car and drove off. I think he probably thought he was just "checking me out" but I thought, "this man is about to rape me".

Following a woman around is very, very sketchy to me and ain't no one here going to convince me otherwise.

Sexual assaults at or near colleges are only just starting to be reported a bit more in recent years. I think they happen every single weekend at most schools. We hear about a fraction of them, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli