VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Do we have a thread downstairs? TIA)

Eta: for our new members and guests, "Downstairs", also known as the basement or parking lot, is a <modsnip> discussion area for members only. Things are posted there that we can not discuss upstairs (here). It's like Vegas, what happens downstairs, stays downstairs.
Where is this secretive place?? How do I get there?

Criminals are stupid though. Not being snarky at all. They really are.

One of the most valuable things I learned in a classroom: If stupidity was a crime, there would never be a one count indictment. The fish will almost inevitably jump into the boat, given enough time.

OMG! Why did they move the presser??? I turned on all the news stations hoping to see it and everything is on Goodell. Anyway, I think this presser is going to be BIG. I think they have the POI in custody and they will make him talk. I do have a heavy heart seeing they are searching in the river. :(

Someone said "The odds of two killers/abductors working together are astronomical. Please feel free to cite past cases."

Leonard Lake (caucasian) and Charles Ng (asian)
Angelo Buono and Kenneth Bianchi - Hillside Stranglers
Many husband and wife teams, unfortunately - I can cite them by name if you wish.

I think the big factor is it's a college town.

True. However, the college town I went to was MUCH larger, and still didn't have this amount of violent crime/missing people, not to mention my college town had a ton of bad areas. I think that one perp has committed MANY of these crimes, imo

Daggumitall!! Yeah, it's a word, I just made it up!

One week ago today, Hannah was preparing for her night out. Probably wondering what to wear, which parties to attend, which parties her friends would be attending, excited about being back at college....

Today we await a press conference...

Unfortunately in most cases I've followed here, when a press conference is suddenly announced, and then within a short period afterwards it's pushed back a few hours, then developing evidence has been found, and the police are working that evidence, perhaps updating family, before it becomes public information. When it's good information, from what I've seen, they proceed with the earlier conference, stating so and so has been located, they are well, but we have no further details at this time as so is so is being reunited with family. I fear our worse thoughts have become reality here. There might not be much information released...yet I fear they have located Hannah, or they've made an arrest regarding her disappearance. My heart is heavy.

Last night, I reviewed those last videos with a fine tooth comb...or rather on a big screen, with my glasses on. There is definitely someone with Hannah in that jewelry store video, and it was NOT a reflection! The people before and after her did NOT have that same 'reflection' with them! No. There was someone with her. To be fair, it appeared as long hair, but I couldn't have stated under oath that it is. Could be a doo rag over a bald head. All I know is that someone wearing light colors was beside her, and that other man was following them.

I paused, rewound, reviewed that video dozens of times. I know what my eyes saw.

Prayers for Hannah's family, friends, and the investigators.

JMO

Thinking of Hannah's parents and whole community right now, waiting at the precipice of disaster or relief.
Truly hoping, while there is still hope, that Hannah is miraculously found alive.

Additionally there is a group of people behind her in both videos. I can't tell if they are the same people in both videos, or different.

I posted screen shots of it here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-3&p=10978999#post10978999

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-3&p=10978296#post10978296

and I added it to the images link, I broke it up into 4 separate posts here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...etc-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=10979155#post10979155

Hopefully it helps people that are new to the case, or aren't sure where other people are looking in the video.
And the jeweler glass case picture will help you understand what is a reflection and what isn't.
She is clearly walking with somebody in the jeweler security video. It is NOT a reflection.

Based on the body language and what police said about WG, I think this is what was stated. A guy who looked back saw her and maybe saw she was drunk and alone...and lingered back to watch her. They guy looks like he is 40+ and that is EXACTLY what I would do in the same situation.
Regardless, to me, it definitely looks like WG was up to something shady. What I'm unsure but I have never posted up in a mall like that and started following anyone except maybe when I was a teen and we were following a hot guy....lol

I've watched this on-going discussion of WG with interest. Dozens of times over the years, I have done what he appears to have done -- noticed something odd about a single woman walking late at night, followed and observed, and then made a decision -- usually to go on about my business. Once or twice I called a cop, once or twice I engaged the woman in conversation. Once I gave a ride home. Usually, though, I've followed for a couple of minutes until something happens that makes me think she's going to be all right -- she appears to greet someone she knows, or she enters a bar or cafe, or she breaks into a steady, purposeful jog that looks like she's in control of herself, etc. etc. A couple of times I spotted someone shady approaching the woman and made myself obvious to him as a witness until he went away. And sometimes I watched only long enough to decide that my first impression was wrong -- that this person really doesn't look vulnerable.

Now here's the interesting part for me -- much of this happened years ago on the Charlottesville mall. I lived a couple of blocks from Fellini's and worked a block from what is now the Water Street Parking Garage. And although I didn't know the cops, I was active enough in the community so that if I had come to them about something like Hannah, they would have been likely to believe me.

What understandably seems creepy to many of you seems very familiar to me. I have no clue as to WG's motives, but neither does anyone else on this thread, IMO. What looks creepy to some may look like good citizenship to others.

But how would he have known all of that by a glance? From what I saw on the footage. He just glanced at her and then after she passed he started following her. Don't get me wrong if he's telling the truth then kudos to him.

We don't know what happened prior to that footage though.

Thinking of Hannah's parents and whole community right now, waiting at the precipice of disaster or relief.
Truly hoping, while there is still hope, that Hannah is miraculously found alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead