VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this. All the media channels are running stories about a black man with dreads seen in video, who they have questioned and want any tips about - but running a video showing another man, who gave them the tip? WTH?

They're all in the same video.

I just wanted to point out how he mentioned that after other people viewed the video they clued in LE to the fact that dreads turned around to follow her and then appeared to be walking next to her with his arm around her,and it was not in fact a reflection. If they hadn't released this video that could have been missed by them! I agree that the public really helped in this situation. I'm sure that would not always be the case, but thank goodness they released that video. I mean who knows, someone could've even seen what we wrote on here and put that in as a tip to LE

Seriously? The police had 60 seconds or so of video evidence to review and they couldn't see the guy with dreads walking across the mall to follow her and couldn't tell that it was him walking next to her? I feel like a 2 year old could have spotted that. That makes me a little nervous. If they couldn't see something that obvious, what else are they missing.

Dressed like what? A college girl going out with her friends? Showing zero leg, zero boobage, and a bit of tummy? I swear....

Additionally, she was at at least one house party earlier in the night. Drinks would have been free flowing. She did not need to leave her friends and those parties to walk all the way to a bar by herself and find a stranger to buy her drinks if she wanted alcohol.
I knew I was going to catch flask for that. Personally all I can see her stomach. I can't tell what else is showing. It was just a suggestion. <modsnip>

So do they have this guys car already? Is he the guy that lives at the apartment? If so then where was he then? I'm lost now....darn I shoulda kept up.

you can probably re watch the presser at NBC12 Live that's where we saw it or maybe CNN has the video.
yes they have his car, yes he was at the apartment no, they did not have probable cause at the moment to detain him. JMO

Wow! I'm watching it now! They seem to think dread guy at the mall is one in the same. That he is also who was the last person to see Hannah.

I grew up in Baltimore too. Must be why I always agree with your take on things. :)

There are parts about Baltimore I love and parts I wish to forget and I have seen some horrendous things but I have learned so much about people and life and tragedy that it brings an understanding that others simply can not fathom. I'm sure you know what I mean, hon ;)

So do they have this guys car already? Is he the guy that lives at the apartment? If so then where was he then? I'm lost now....darn I shoulda kept up.

There's no cause to arrest him at this time. Police are desperately looking for a crime scene and for Hannah. If too much time passes, it will become more difficult to tie him to her disappearance.

What time was she seen on the Tuel's Jeweler's tape? What time was her text message that stated she was lost at 14th and Wertland - according to google maps that's only 6 minutes away by car. Is it at all possible that dreadlocks actually dropped her off there after the bar? Does that fit in the timeline at all? I wonder if he dropped her off there and she was abducted from that point. I'm just trying to figure out the text message's place in all this. It just seems odd that the dreadlocks guy would use her phone to text her friends - why not shut it off and destroy it/chuck it somewhere?

Of course she went to the mall. There's video evidence of her there, with the dreadlock guy.

I meant that she didn't go to the mall prior to her disappearance there, so she wouldn't have seen him there before. Sorry if I wrote that in a confusing way.

I knew I was going to catch flask for that. Personally all I can see her stomach. I can't tell what else is showing. It was just a suggestion. You act like women don't do it.

Gee, I actually don't know anyone who dresses up to get guys to buy them drinks. I really don't. I've known plenty of girls who've dressed up to meet a guy, but free drinks are usually pretty secondary.

Seriously? The police had 60 seconds or so of video evidence to review and they couldn't see the guy with dreads walking across the mall to follow her and couldn't tell that it was him walking next to her? I feel like a 2 year old could have spotted that. That makes me a little nervous. If they couldn't see something that obvious, what else are they missing.

IMO they saw it but they tried to fool the perp into thinking they didn't but everyone else noticed it. I have seen it mentioned on twitter and fb and here. Maybe LE did not anticipate such a captive audience. Most missing persons cases are not getting this much attention.

Some women might do it, but saying HG might've been doing it because some other women might is an example of stereotyping.

I knew I was going to catch flask for that. Personally all I can see her stomach. I can't tell what else is showing. It was just a suggestion. You act like women don't do it.

If they knew each other, good enough to have a drink & get in the car together, why not scream across the food court? Why sneak up from behind?

I thought the same. On the video from Sal's when he is crossing in the middle he sees her and if he would have known her he would have called out her name. I think he saw a drunk disoriented girl just like the WM did and in between Sal's and Tuel Jewelers he caught up with Hannah.

So if it's 21 and over, how did she get in?

I am still wondering if she had a fake ID. Remember how we were told she went out for dinner and drinks earlier in the night with friends? Made it sound to me like a restaurant served her alcohol. So I am still wondering if she had a fake.

Why is she moving fast? Some people have speculated that she was in a rush to meet someone. Instead, she decides to stop and have a drink with a person she has seen around the mall from time to time. I find that a little harder to swallow. Again, just IMO

What if she's moving fast to try and catch a local bus, misses it, and the perp offers to buy her a drink while she waits for the next?

OT but this just seems to be textbook as far as everything parents hope (and think) their own kids would never do, but they do it anyway. They get to college, they drink, maybe use drugs, get comfortable, walk around at night on their own...all the things they were surely warned against doing. And some are very, very unlucky. Jmo

Some women might do it, but saying HG might've been doing it because some other women might is an example of stereotyping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!