VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of business, esp one serving alcohol doesn't have cameras these days? You can get dropcams for a couple hundred and store the video for $15/month.

I agree, but often times when they do have them, they are only pointed at the cash register/employees. :sigh:

Seriously? Thinking I should go to Tempo after I get off work and see if I can get them to give me alcohol that I can take with me outside the bar at 1am.

My hunch is that they're going to be confused by the proposal.

[quote name="Claudia" post=10980961]A lot of bars in Va have alcohol on/off.[/QUOTE]

Yes, seriously. Not all bars do it, but many do. My bf has been a bartender in Va for over 30 years. Go to Tempo... ask for a 6 pack to go. I bet it works.

ETA... I obviously have NO idea how to properly bring a post over from another thread. Sorry about the mess...

You learn something every day. Shame that it's only wine though.

The answer doesn't mention only wine, so it's a bit confusing to me. Though buying a bottle of liquor from a bar wouldn't make much sense.

It feels like we're getting closer to finding out where hannah is, glad to hear they have a poi.

Oh, thanks for the info! But the VA ABC site (http://www.abc.state.va.us/licensing/abcfaq1.htm) says it's only wine you can do that with (unless I'm misinterpreting that)...

Seriously? Thinking I should go to Tempo after I get off work and see if I can get them to give me alcohol that I can take with me outside the bar at 1am.<br />
<br />
My hunch is that they're going to be confused by the proposal.<br />
<br />
[quote name="Claudia" post=10980961]A lot of bars in Va have alcohol on/off.
<br/>

Yes, seriously. Not all bars do it, but many do. My bf has been a bartender in Va for over 30 years. Go to Tempo... ask for a 6 pack to go. I bet it works.[/QUOTE]

It may vary from.county to county, but I'm in Hampton Roads area and you cannot take out alcohol from a bar/pub...unopened or not. Stores can't sell it after midnight (?) I think.. I've never been a drinker so i forget the cut off time ...but i know I've seen them chain close the alcohol beverage cases at midnight, pretty sure.

This is what I was referring to:

"When a patron orders a bottle of wine and does not consume the entire contents, can he/she take it home? Yes, must be in the original container and sealed."

With all due respect, nowhere did anyone say they bought alcohol to go. As a matter of fact, IIRC, it was stated that "he bought alcohol." That's it. They were not there long. He bought alcohol and they left. He could've bought a shot. He could've bought a beer/drink and downed it, who knows? For that matter, maybe he did take it to go...That's not what they said, but who knows. The fact it's illegal doesn't seem to stop people from doing it. Especially someone they're lookin at for a crime like this. IMO of course.
On another note, I find it hilarious how many people were horrified/astonished at sleuthers for even questioning if the man with dreadlocks was involved last night and today so many people are horrified/astonished that he's not in custody. Sheesh, extreme much? There's a process. It involves the law, the chain of evidence, peoples' rights! And a lot of common sense.

what kind of business, esp one serving alcohol doesn't have cameras these days? You can get dropcams for a couple hundred and store the video for $15/month.

Maybe they are concerned that cameras would be more likely to provide evidence that their employees were committing crimes (i.e., serving minors) than crimes against the bar?

Seriously? Thinking I should go to Tempo after I get off work and see if I can get them to give me alcohol that I can take with me outside the bar at 1am.

My hunch is that they're going to be confused by the proposal.

[quote name="Claudia" post=10980961]A lot of bars in Va have alcohol on/off.

Yes, seriously. Not all bars do it, but many do. My bf has been a bartender in Va for over 30 years. Go to Tempo... ask for a 6 pack to go. I bet it works.

ETA... I obviously have NO idea how to properly bring a post over from another thread. Sorry about the mess...[/QUOTE]

we can't buy alcohol here (new zealand) in bars to go

Maybe businesses that don't want to get busted for serving minors and other things....... I hate to suggest it, but it doesn't make sense to me in this ultra-connected, surveilled society. JMO

Dreds is POI and was with HG at a restaurant and she left with him in a burnt orange sedan. LE got search warrant for sedan which gave them probable cause for search warrant of all apartments of that row. Not enough evidence to arrest him yet, but they are keeping an eye on him.

ETA: like 1500 ++ people have registered to help search for her tomorrow and must be able to walk 3-5 miles in a wooded area.

Dreds is person walking with HG in jewelry store video around :08

Could that mean that there was evidence that she was in the car, but not evidence that she was in the row-house? Could that mean that she was taken somewhere, perhaps towards the county line, and left there before the suspect returned home that night?

From Coy Barefoot's Twitter:

In span of 48 hrs last wkend, Cville saw 2 sexual assaults blocks frm each other, 1 beaten and left for dead- AND #HannahGraham disappeared

... confirmed 3rd assault took place last wknd: young man nearly beaten to death 13th st. near the (cont'd)
UVA Corner and blocks from other 2 sexual assaults that took place same wknd- this man was beaten approx 130a same night Hannah dissapeared

With all due respect, nowhere did anyone say they bought alcohol to go. As a matter of fact, IIRC, it was stated that "he bought alcohol." That's it. They were not there long. He bought alcohol and they left. He could've bought a shot. He could've bought a beer/drink and downed it, who knows? For that matter, maybe he did take it to go...That's not what they said, but who knows. The fact it's illegal doesn't seem to stop people from doing it. Especially someone they're lookin at for a crime like this. IMO of course.

Maybe it was they "he bought alcohol and they left" is what made a bunch of us think that meant, "left with the alcohol". In any case, I'm glad we cleared that up, but I'm pretty sure it's not particularly material except as to timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member