VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the question of whether they could have bought alcohol to go. It seems as though Virginia allows that, as long as it's sealed in its original container.
http://www.abc.state.va.us/licensing/abcfaq1.htm

Did they buy a bottle of red wine and then take it with them? I must have heard that somewhere today, or I completely imagined it ... for no good reason ... which would be a concern.

We have daiquiri drive thrus... interesting concept that I'm shocked is legal.

In one state where I lived, we had drive through liquor stores!

Could that mean that there was evidence that she was in the car, but not evidence that she was in the row-house? Could that mean that she was taken somewhere, perhaps towards the county line, and left there before the suspect returned home that night?
It could. I think what it really means is that they don't know where she is, but they're starting to get an idea of where she was.

Just watched the press conference here in the UK. I think Chief Longo is magnificent. He certainly is trying to gain the hearts and minds of Charlottesville residents and receiving 400 tips shows that this is paying off. I think that they will keep a close eye on the guy that we all saw Hannah with. I can understand that they don't want to move too fast, which some might find frustrating, but Longo has been very clear with his points. They don't have probable cause, they don't have a reason lawfully to arrest him. They don't want to do anything that could jeopardise a conviction. They are gathering the evidence. They are keeping him in their sights. They want to talk to him again. They know he was with Hannah. I think they are playing it very cleverly.

Chief Longo could have his own TV series. He is that good!

If they can't get proof she was ever in his apartment, this could drag out. I am sure he is saying, or will say, he dropped her somewhere and how to,prove he did not?

do you guys really think that LE didn't see the dreads guy at first + due to people speculating online, re-analyzed the video? or have they been playing his presence strategically + just didn't want to reveal him as a suspect too soon?

The answer doesn't mention only wine, so it's a bit confusing to me. Though buying a bottle of liquor from a bar wouldn't make much sense.

It would if you really wanted a bottle of wine after the stores closed :) Or does VA sell alcohol in 24 hour groceries?

Oh, thanks for the info! But the VA ABC site (http://www.abc.state.va.us/licensing/abcfaq1.htm) says it's only wine you can do that with (unless I'm misinterpreting that)...

<br/>

Yes, seriously. Not all bars do it, but many do. My bf has been a bartender in Va for over 30 years. Go to Tempo... ask for a 6 pack to go. I bet it works.
[/QUOTE]
I'm just speaking from experience and what my bf told me when I asked him.
The question on the link was specifically about not finishing wine, so I'm assuming that's why the answer only mentioned wine. :)

Could that mean that there was evidence that she was in the car, but not evidence that she was in the row-house? Could that mean that she was taken somewhere, perhaps towards the county line, and left there before the suspect returned home that night?
Exactly what I was going to post. There was no evidence in the apartment because she never made it to the apartment. However, for sure, if those white pants and shirt were still in the dirty clothes than they were collected

Chief Longo could have his own TV series. He is that good!

He is very emotionally connected with this case. His apparent grief is most likely a reflection of the parent's grief.

It may vary from.county to county, but I'm in Hampton Roads area and you cannot take out alcohol from a bar/pub...unopened or not. Stores can't sell it after midnight (?) I think.. I've never been a drinker so i forget the cut off time ...but i know I've seen them chain close the alcohol beverage cases at midnight, pretty sure.
It's the bar's choice to do abc off. I'm sure there are a lot that choose not to. I'm pretty sure it's state law, though.

do you guys really think that LE didn't see the dreads guy at first + due to people speculating online, re-analyzed the video? or have they been playing his presence strategically + just didn't want to reveal him as a suspect too soon?

I hope they noticed it and were making a strategic move but who knows?

Welcome, PennyPenny and thanks for the photo. You included a public link, so all is cool.

:Welcome1:

At 1:20am she texted a friend saying she was lost at 14th and Wertland which is were the house party was at that she originally attended so how could she be lost unless she was looking for another party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member