VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At 1:20am she texted a friend saying she was lost at 14th and Wertland which is were the house party was at that she originally attended so how could she be lost unless she was looking for another party?

I interpreted the text as she was lost at that intersection (which did not make sense), now that you mention this I am inclined to think you may be right and she was texting that she was lost about where to go and gave the intersection as a reference point for someone to give her directions.

I'm addressing you "someone else's". What does take-out liquor have to do ANYTHING in this case?

<modsnip>

If they can't get proof she was ever in his apartment, this could drag out. I am sure he is saying, or will say, he dropped her somewhere and how to,prove he did not?

Gee, this gave me memories of Kelli Bordeaux...

jmo

Apparently he has been a POI of another missing person in Charlottesville, Dashad Smith a couple of years ago..

I don't feel its him. He was listed as an "avid runner". 5'11" 275lbs doesn't scream avid runner, although hiding for 2 years could do that to you

Apparently he has been a POI of another missing person in Charlottesville, Dashad Smith a couple of years ago..

He can't be the same person. POI in this case is 32, POI in Dashad Smith case was 21 in 2012.

Parker Slaybaugh is a local reporter.

Well, a friend of Hannah's seems to have a lot of information and a direct line to the Police, so people on his FB page are suggesting who the POI might be.. The friend's name is Parker Slaybaugh.

Until they release an actual photo of the car, this is the closest I can find for reference. It's a year older, but the color looks pretty close, unless he had an after market paint job done.

1997_chrysler_sebring_coupe_lxi_s_oem_1_500.jpg

Well, a friend of Hannah's seems to have a lot of information and a direct line to the Police, so people on his FB page are suggesting who the POI might be.. The friend's name is Parker Slaybaugh.

He's a reporter.

I don't feel its him. He was listed as an "avid runner". 5'11" 275lbs doesn't scream avid runner, although hiding for 2 years could do that to you

Hmm - I think he might be, since he is connected to the car and the apartment from what I'm reading?

Speaking only for myself, I watched that video maybe a dozen times at first, and even with noticing dreads guy in the foreground, I wasn't paying close attention to him because he was on the other side of the street from Hannah. As a result, during these viewings, I never once noticed him turn southbound to come over to her side of the street. It wasn't until Skigirl replied to a post of mine (thanks, Skigirl!) that I finally noticed him change course. Of course, unlike LE investigators, I'm not someone with vast experience watching grainy B&W videos (although plenty of websleuthers focused on this guy.) But I would say it is conceivable that LE didn't initially focus on him - when you've got the dude in the white shirt stepping out and following Hannah so obviously, that man may well have grabbed the initial investigatory focus. YMMV of course.

I would assume that once they found videos of her, they watched every pedestrian to see what direction they came from and where they were going. They probably noticed right away. At least, that is one of the first things I would check if I were LE.

He is very emotionally connected with this case. His apparent grief is most likely a reflection of the parent's grief.

Longo is also a JD He looks at this from a legal perspective. I personally LOVE it. He will see to it that this is solved and that justice is done. Charlottesville should be proud and grateful. I am. He is my kind of cop. JMO

LE will never say they are looking for a body until they proof of death, pretty much. They will tell searchers to look out for clothing items, jeweltry, anything that looks out of place. But now that she seemed to have gone in his car, how on earth will they decide where to search? It seems so random. He could have deiven anywhere and never taken her to his apartment. Also he has had a full week to wash his clothes, etc.
This is all true and as time goes on it gets more and more difficult to mount an effective search. I saw your earlier post wondering what LE will do next if they can't find forensic evidence of Hannah's presence in his apartment. At that point you have to start hoping that the public will find relevant evidence (hence why Chief Longo made such a pronounced public appeal today) or that witnesses will come forth with useful information ("early Saturday morning, I saw his car at location X") that can help focus a search. And there's always the hope that LE can get their suspect to come down to the police station and give a statement on the record - locking someone into a story can be helpful if you can later demonstrate that they have lied. This is presumably part of the reason why they have asked for any/all video around the Hessian Hill Apartments - if the suspect wants to claim that he dropped Hannah off before he reached his neighborhood, but the video shows otherwise, it's one more bit of probable cause as they build a case against him.

<modsnip>

Cool. I didn't see where it was stated by the police they left with alcohol. I think that was an assumption made because they were there for such a short period of time and the police DID say the POI purchased alcohol from Tempo.

But that means nothing of course.

Nothing. That means there is no evidence that they did leave with a bottle of *something*. A bottle that could have their combined fingerprints or DNA or whatever. Which means if the POI denied ever being with Hannah, there is nothing to prove him wrong.

Hmm - I think he might be, since he is connected to the car and the apartment from what I'm reading?

also, if it was the same suspect from the Dashed Smith case they would have arrested him this morning when at the apt.

I don't think the Sage Smith POI is the right age. He's a decade too young.

But that suspect is 10 years younger and 70 lbs lighter. Right?

In south Louisiana, we have honk and hollers! Basically drive thru daiquiri stores. They put a little strip of tape on the straw.

LOL LOL I LOVE it! JMO

But that suspect is 10 years younger and 70 lbs lighter. Right?

I think she took someone saying "hey maybe this is him?" and interpreted that it meant he's been identified as the POI? I don't know. But he's not, no one has said he is the POI anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member