VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No drugs that my friend knows of. She is shocked that he is the POI. She said her friend that was dating him back in the day, is still good friends with him. Also he has a serious girlfriend right now. She asked me not to name names and I will of course respect her on that.

If he works in a hospital, then his shifts could be such that a neighbor on 9 to 5 hours would never see him going to work.

Yes.. I think that's why we should be careful not to take comments from neighbors, etc. as gospel. In cases like this a lot of people enjoy speaking to the media almost as if they know the POI intimately.. even if that's not the case.

I don't think those photos of him resemble the sketch of the 2005 rapist/MH's killer, but how long would it take for dreadlocks take to grow to as long as his currently are?

I don't know how hospitals work, but when I worked in a public school district only certain things were considered disqualifying offenses, so his criminal history may not have even shown up, depending on what was involved

Under Virginia law, any criminal conviction (misdemeanor, felony...) can be considered when an employer is making a hiring decision. If there is any issue with his hiring by the hospital we will hear about it from the MSM in C-ville I think.

I would just like to add that whether or not a person has a criminal background doesn't really make a difference one way or another. I've known people who don't have criminal backgrounds who have definitely done illegal things. It doesn't give us a good judge of character in my opinion.

My friend last saw him a few years ago, he drove her home from a wedding after she got into a fight with her boyfriend there. He (POI) dated one of her best friends for a few years, the three of them went to Christopher Newport University together.
omg... CNU is my Alma mata. My niece is in her senior year there now. I'll have to check locally for any criminal records.

Photos attached, I think

Can someone compare the cabbie pic from that 2007 article to these? I found it by googling Jessie Mathew (spelled just like that) but can't get a clear close up. From what I can tell, this may very well be the same person from that pic!

Just don't know about Dreds.

He has some traffic citations but nothing else of a serious nature. Other than an aversion to holding down a full-time job he seems like a normal guy who has kept his nose clean. Even looking at his photo I do not see a murderer. I just don't.

After a full week of coverage.......and maybe even seeing himself on video...........he still did not flee. I think if he was guilty he would have. So until police inform us that they have EVIDENCE Hannah was in that car..........then Dreds isn't looking as solid as a suspect to me as he once was.

Just some speculation: in general, don't most serial killers not have a record?

Uh, yes it is. It is not proof, but it is certainly evidence. If you are the last person to have had contact with someone who disappeared, then that is evidence of your involvement. It is not proof, and it certainly is not great evidence, but it is evidence nonetheless.

From everything that I have read, there is a lot of good evidence which points to this JL guy.

Evidence of what crime? Someone being missing is not a crime. There is no crime here, yet. She is just missing.

No drugs that my friend knows of. She is shocked that he is the POI. She said her friend that was dating him back in the day, is still good friends with him. Also he has a serious girlfriend right now. She asked me not to name names and I will of course respect her on that.

can you confirm/deny if he is a bit slow? or just goofy

In many ways now, I am reminded of the Jaren Lockhart case from Louisiana - there was video footage of her walking off with the people who were the last to see her before her body washed ashore a few days later. The couple were quickly identified (a male sex offender who was a fugitive and female with a history of drugs). They were located, detained on other charges and were not charged with anything to do with Jaren until TWO YEARS later. The FBI and LE said they were processing DNA and looking for evidence all that time. Since Jaren was brutally killed and dismembered there had to be a bloody scene somewhere but it was NEVER found.

My point being - it can take years to finally get all of the evidence processed for DNA, etc. This can be a long process, especially since we have not found Hannah yet.

My heart goes out to her parents and loved ones.

He could have dropped her back near her apartment and then something happened after he was out of the picture.

So, any news about the searches for Hannah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503