VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend last saw him a few years ago, he drove her home from a wedding after she got into a fight with her boyfriend there. He (POI) dated one of her best friends for a few years, the three of them went to Christopher Newport University together.

Common sense tells us that as the last person to see her alive, he would WANT to talk to police. He would want to vindicate himself and help find her. Get a lawyer and talk to police. Come on!

Just don't know about Dreds.

He has some traffic citations but nothing else of a serious nature. Other than an aversion to holding down a full-time job he seems like a normal guy who has kept his nose clean. Even looking at his photo I do not see a murderer. I just don't.

After a full week of coverage.......and maybe even seeing himself on video...........he still did not flee. I think if he was guilty he would have. So until police inform us that they have EVIDENCE Hannah was in that car..........then Dreds isn't looking as solid as a suspect to me as he once was.

OH MY! Hadn't you heard...he doesn't have an aversion to holding a job. His GRANDMA said he has worked as long as he's been old enough to...sheesh! Wondered how long it would take before someone got comment from the grandmother :moo:

Jim Gilchriest ‏@JimWAVY 1m
Some ID person of interest in #HannahGraham case. If not charged or unless police give valid reason, can't see benefit to reporting name now

John Lezcano ‏@whsvjlezcano 7m
Just wanted to clarify that the POI in the #HannahGraham case is Jesse LJ Matthews, had a typo of Jesse Matthew..big difference

One extreme to the next, in reporting this.

Wait, what?? Is it Jesse LJ Matthews or MATTHEW? I think this tweet is incorrect. We've been talking about Matthew (singular) but now this reporter is saying it is Matthews?

RE: this guy not seeming like a murderer. Meh. I dunno. I think that when alcohol is involved, people who have otherwise kept their heads down can become murderers. Most murderers are not predators. The majority of violent acts against women happens with a sexual partner who is drunk. I am not saying that HG and JL were sexual partners, but JL could have at least thought that was where the night was headed, and then reacted badly when it did not.

It does not take some high-level stalker/rapist/predator for a woman to wind up dead at the hands of a man. It just takes a lot of alcohol and a major loss of control. In fact, that is how is normally happens.

Naturally. Always talk to your lawyer and always have one present. But to say "NEVER talk to the police if you are POI" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You need to analyze your circumstances and then make a decision based upon that. Sometimes it is very much so in your best interest to talk to the cops when you are a POI.

pretty sure they meant to never talk to LE alone...

Common sense tells us that as the last person to see her alive, he would WANT to talk to police. He would want to vindicate himself and help find her. Get a lawyer and talk to police. Come on!

Unfortunately, this is so often not the case. And if he were innocent (don't necessarily think he is), vindicating himself could still be much harder said than done.

My common sense would tell me that, but I am not a black man, so I can't say what my common sense would tell me to do, quite honestly.

My friend last saw him a few years ago, he drove her home from a wedding after she got into a fight with her boyfriend there. He (POI) dated one of her best friends for a few years, the three of them went to Christopher Newport University together.

and what's his personality like? anything shady about him? how did their relationship end? was he a known drug dealer?

RE: this guy not seeming like a murderer. Meh. I dunno. I think that when alcohol is involved, people who have otherwise kept their heads down can become murderers. Most murderers are not predators. The majority of violent acts against women happens with a sexual partner who is drunk. I am not saying that HG and JL were sexual partners, but JL could have at least thought that was where the night was headed, and then reacted badly when it did not.

It does not take some high-level stalker/rapist/predator for a woman to wind up dead at the hands of a man. It just takes a lot of alcohol and a major loss of control. In fact, that is how is normally happens.

That's what I think happened. If he did something to her, I do not think it was premeditated.

To get his DNA they need evidence they want to compare it to. They need to find Hannah or her clothes/crime scene etc. jmo

JMO I believe that LE said that they were led to the car by calls about the car. Maybe when the videos were made public, some people recognized DG from the video and remembered seeing him get into that red-flag-of-a-car and notified LE. Then LE probably saw it in surveillance videos that WE have NOT seen. Longo said that LE believes HG was in the car, as well, but maybe surveillance video does not show that. So, they find the car, owner and residence.........what they saw in the car is a mystery......but it meant that they wanted search warrants for the apartment. I keep hearing that they searched all 4 apartments, and I don't understand how a judge approved warrants for the other 3 apartments ???? Wait and see, I guess. JMO

Maybe because apartments grouped together like that often have a common attic space.....

So sad but true . . . . . Charlottesville has lots of groups of people that are afraid to go to the police with information (black males, recently emigrated Mexicans, even Asian visiting professors at UVA). I am aware and know many locals these groups that feel this way. Not that they have any reason to, but there is general skeptism and fear in their communities about authorities. Last week someone in one of these groups was afraid to go to the SPCA to retrieve their dog that escaped their yard. They were afraid it was a "set-up" and that they would be detained/questioned. I could not convince them otherwise and they let their dog to. Sad, that some populations here feel this way, but it is true.

I was talking to an older, black maintenance man in my office building yesterday. He even said that if he knew anything, he would not come forward . . . . . he'd be afraid. When I asked if he would feel more comfortable if speaking to a black officer on the Greene County Police Force, he answered, "are you kidding? there are no black officers on the force". It's sad that in this day & age, that some populations of people still live in feer of authorities. :(

I think a lot of people who are not minorities are also fearful of the police. They hold a lot of power and could set you up.

Just don't know about Dreds.

He has some traffic citations but nothing else of a serious nature. Other than an aversion to holding down a full-time job he seems like a normal guy who has kept his nose clean. Even looking at his photo I do not see a murderer. I just don't.

After a full week of coverage.......and maybe even seeing himself on video...........he still did not flee. I think if he was guilty he would have. So until police inform us that they have EVIDENCE Hannah was in that car..........then Dreds isn't looking as solid as a suspect to me as he once was.

Geez, maybe he was getting ready to flee. Could that be the reason for the search warrants? A fully packed car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostnfound