VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going missing is just a "result". Evidence is some sort of physical or visual proof that X, Y or Z occurred to cause the result. Sorry...but that is Science 101.

The term "evidence" when used in conjunction with a criminal matter is not a scientific standard.

evidence....proof....results....facts....probable cause.....

Can we give it a rest, all ye who are obsessed with semantics? :) We all want the best for Hannah and think a crime has been committed. Period.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/text-message-key-in-search-for-missing-university-of-virginia-student/

http://myfox8.com/2014/09/17/univer...rahams-last-text-likely-incorrect-police-say/

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/New-Video-Shows-Missing-UVa-Student-Running-275447751.html

Here are three links from MSM providing info about the last text... none of them indicating she said anything about a party in her text. Additionally, when Longo addressed the text at the first presser he did not indicate her saying anything about a party. The only time I have seen that implication is on WS by posters.

There was this one: www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/virg...veillance-video-missing-uva-student/15787727/

Which says: "Then, at 1:20 a.m. she texted her friends "I'm coming to a party... but I'm lost."

you have to leave room for other things possibly happening between the bar and when she disappeared.
i mean, plenty of people were OBSESSED with WG when those videos came out. now he's considered a cooperative witness.
you can't be sure about anything. and something may seem really significant and it isn't.

i can't tell you HOW MANY cases i've seen where there was so much indication that something happened one way, that a certain person did it, and it wasn't the case. don't be sure about anything.

Personally, I'm suspicious of both WG and Dreadlocks Guy. I'm suspicious of WG because he was following Hannah very shortly before she was last seen. I'm suspicious of Dreadlocks Guy because he was the last person known to be seen with her and LE has indicated they discovered something of interest when removing his vehicle. I'm suspicious of them individually and collectively, considering they began focusing on Hannah at essentially the same time, and seemingly after they crossed paths, as seen on video. I'm also open to the possibility that neither of these guys was involved as there were rape incidents near Hannah's residence around the time of the last Hannah sighting.

All of the above is just my opinion.

Oh my god, Basilcat. I've read just a snippet about your daughter's case. How horrible. I'm so sorry.

Or OWG was hanging around waiting to see if he might stumble upon nother vulnerable alone young woman. Right now, anything could have happened. But if JLM is just a good samaritan who gives girls a ride, on a regular basis, why didn't he give HG a ride home. And, why not tell LE anything she may have said or done that might indicate where she went next?

he might have given her a ride to the party. she gets out, can't find the party, texts that she's "lost" meaning can't find the party, and is assaulted by someone else.

You know... If I was a rather large (tall and wide) African American male last seen in the company of a white college student who missing.... I don't think I would voluntarily be knocking on the cops door either.
If I were innocent.. I would be with a lawyer in tow.

I do leave room. I am leaving lots of room. What I am saying is that dismissing something as "not being evidence" does not make sense in this case.

I think that there is evidence of JL's involvement. That does not mean he did it, and it does not mean that something else could not have happened to HG, but I still see plenty of evidence pointing to him. Again, I leave open that a lot of other things could have happened to HG.

Technically, Fireweed is correct. Evidence is anything that supports an assertion. It does not have to prove that assertion and does not necessarily rule out contradicting assertions.

Yes, they are processing his car. So hopefully soon, we will either see an arrest. . .or we won't.

Jumping in here for the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong. She apparently hooked up with the POI willingly & if there was her DNA in his car or apartment, that would be expected.

As far as I can tell, POI did not admit anything. That article refers to the Daily Mail Article which quotes the Grandmother stating what the mother said. In other words, double hearsay -- non-admissible. LE has the car they know, or will know soon, if Hannah was in that car.

I think Dreads did tell police he bought her a drink but did not have her in his car and she went her own way. In the press conference it seemed like Longo was looking for eye witnesses to hopefully come forward and verify if this guy is telling the truth or not.

He could have just made his profile friends only, deleted the profile, or deleted the profile picture. Why would he upload a black square? I don't think it has any meaning, other than he wants his privacy, but it sounds like he is the type to go from A to C to B, when he could just go from A to B.
His profile was already private. All I could see was his profile pic and his friends. He changed his profile pic to a black square. It shows that on his wall. He probably knew people were grabbing it and wanted to stop it, although by then it's too late. Once it's out there, it'll spread like wildfire.

POI did not admit anything. That article quotes the grandmother quoting the mother. In other words, double hearsay -- non-admissible. LE has the car and they know, or will know soon, if Hannah was in that car.

It's highly possible that the details the media are telling about that last text message are wrong. Has Longo said anything on camera about that last text message?

What was said about the text was that they didn't believe she was in the location that was stated in the text. (at the time the text was written) But, honestly, that was before there was information about HG possibly being in a car--I am under the impression they didn't think it was physically possible for her to be at 14th & Wertland at 1:20. But now........??

The fact he was a cab driver could suggest he is a serial killer. Because that is a link to another local case.

Technically, Fireweed is correct. Evidence is anything that supports an assertion. It does not have to prove that assertion and does not necessarily rule out contradicting assertions.

Perfect summary. Thank you.

Jumping in here for the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong. She apparently hooked up with the POI willingly & if there was her DNA in his car or apartment, that would be expected.

But he said she was never in the car. He would be caught in a lie unless he says that she had been there previously.

A terrible accident is not out of the question - there are several cases I've read about where someone has gone missing only to be found deceased of their own actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member