VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a brief aside here:
What IS it, that will get through to these students (female and male), about this high-risk behavior. Like going to and from a party alone at night; drinking until impaired; and all the rest of it.

I am wondering... do I have to be so horrifyingly brutal, and show the young girls in our family, photos of dead bodies? I am so angry and sad, for Hanna and her family. And for BG, if he is wrongly pursued.

Just so terribly frustrating, that this scenario plays out year-after-year. Nearly the same headlines.
Sorry for the rant.

But WG (unlike JLM) came forward and called the tip lone BEFORE he was even identified in the footage. LE just hadn't gotten to his tip yet. That speaks volumes about him. It would have pretty impossible to identify him from the video

But JLM? He had an even more direct contact with Hannah, spoke with her (not just observed her as WG did). JLM was also more easy to identify based on the video. But even then, did he come forward? No. Even when he was met with a search warrant and his car seized, he clams up. A girls life is on the line - there is no body yet - she could just be missing and show up. IF he is innocent he could have info that could HELP the investigation and saved them THOUSANDS of hours of work,

But what does he do? Clam up, suddenly move, and never express a single concern for Hannah who he obviously met. I never met and neither did hundreds here but we all want to help find her. But JLM? Not so much.

Hmmm, I wonder why he does not want to help find her. What does he know that WE don't know yet?????

Very well said!

So why haven't they then?others have posted that surely if they can take his car and have this footage they could detain him if they wanted? I'm genuinely curious, I just don't see anything that makes it obvious that he has been uncooperative in any way other than nit volunteering info without an attorney present.

It's possible, if Tempo is on 5th and his car is on 4th, that if they did part ways that HG figured she had to go in the opposite direction to get to 14th. This would have actually been the wrong way and made her even further from UVA. This also is the direction of the previously mentioned scent trail.

What kind of evidence could have been seen in the car?

* Her clothing?
* A sequin from her top?
* Blood?
* Her phone?

What else?

This case is just so complicated. I have never seen anything like it.

The POI seems to be just as much as an upstanding citizen as Hannah's parents and friends make her out to be. I see absolutely no discrepancies. Some want to judge him for buying her a drink as she was underage. So, did he know she was underage? We don't know. We also seem to forget that she was 18, and an adult and responsible for her actions, as far as the law is concerned. So she accepted a drink from him? they are both EQUALLY guilty.

<modsnip>

There is no direct quote from LE that I can find that states he gave her anything to drink- simply that he bought alcohol. I do see some creative reporting however...

I feel like a nursing student has a tendency to want to help people not hurt them right? AHHH lol Im so confused right now

How do you know this hasn't happened?

I don't know if he has a lawyer although someone posted that he does? I was responding to ZsaZsa's comment that he may be afraid of being framed. Getting a lawyer helps with that, is all I was sayin'.

I haven't talked much with my husband about this case even though he attended UVA and received some email from the school, because he finds my interest in unsolved mysteries to be pretty weird. Even so, last night he spontaneously said, "I saw this dressed up, really drunk female college student, obviously on the way from a party, near <sketchy location> and so I almost pulled over and told her to get into the car, but then I thought that you would probably have to bail me out of jail when she started running and reported that an old guy try to abduct her. I just didn't know what to do, so I left her there. I still feel bad."

I'm not suggesting WG shouldn't still be looked into, but I am the one who stays in the store and watches the unattended baby stroller while the mom is off shopping in the aisles; and my husband and I once stopped to stay with a college girl with car trouble on the side of the road until the person she called arrived. I think I'm on here too much. ;)

If this goes to trial and there is not a slam dunk with the evidence, the prosecution is going to have a really hard time disputing this possibility. It's very coincidental that there were all kinds of issues with assault/sexual assualt in the 14th/Wertland area that night.

it wasn't that night - it was the next 2 or 3 nights. so someone started off on a rampage on the 13th.

* Her clothing?
* A sequin from her top?
* Blood?
* Her phone?

What else?
A receipt from Tempo, something suspiciously innocent like twine or zip ties or a knife. Lots of things.

I just want to say that at first I thought dreads guy was so super guilty. Now I am second guessing that based on context clues.

He has been named and his online presence could have been damning..but it isn't. Based on his online persona, he seems like someone I would be friend with.

This is all JMO. But personally I think he could very well be innocent and maybe whatever happened to Hannah has nothing to do with him.

OMG I just want her to be found.

And then again I look at all the missing people on this site and I wonder why have I (and others) given so much attention to Hannah and ignored them? Why do some missing people get media coverage and others get ignored?

Should I feel guilty for spending so much time on Hannah's case and less time on others?

Don't beat yourself up. You couldn't possibly follow all of the cases. For what ever reason some cases just pull you in more than others.

But WG (unlike JLM) came forward and called the tip lone BEFORE he was even identified in the footage. LE just hadn't gotten to his tip yet. That speaks volumes about him. It would have pretty impossible to identify him from the video

But JLM? He had an even more direct contact with Hannah, spoke with her (not just observed her as WG did). JLM was also more easy to identify based on the video. But even then, did he come forward? No. Even when he was met with a search warrant and his car seized, he clams up. A girls life is on the line - there is no body yet - she could just be missing and show up. IF he is innocent he could have info that could HELP the investigation and saved them THOUSANDS of hours of work,

But what does he do? Clam up, suddenly move, and never express a single concern for Hannah who he obviously met. I never met and neither did hundreds here but we all want to help find her. But JLM? Not so much.

Hmmm, I wonder why he does not want to help find her. What does he know that WE don't know yet?????

JM's life could well be on the line as well, if he is framed. VA is a death penalty state. When posters say "race has nothing to do with it" they are not thinking from HIS point of view. If you want to speculate about what he may be thinking or why he wouldn't come forward, it's important to factor race in. He could very well be torn up inside that a girl he was with has gone missing, but for him to step forward and talk could endanger his own life if he is innocent and wrongly convicted due to circumstantial evidence. Unfortunately the reality in this country is that black men are wrongly convicted and are over-represented in cases like those found with the innocence project. JMO I still hope he talks with his lawyer and if he is innocent video surveillance will corroborate his story.

* Her clothing?
* A sequin from her top?
* Blood?
* Her phone?

What else?

* Her hair, saliva, fingernail?
* Video surveillance tape showing her getting into the car?
* Scent dog indicating her presence in the car?

I'm not suggesting WG shouldn't still be looked into, but I am the one who stays in the store and watches the unattended baby stroller while the mom is off shopping in the aisles; and my husband and I once stopped to stay with a college girl with car trouble on the side of the road until the person she called arrived. I think I'm on here too much. ;)
Hey, I was that post-college girl who had car trouble (before cell phones) & accepted a ride w/ a guy in a pick-up on the side of the hwy- he was quick to reassure me that he had a daughter my age, & he drove me to the closest store where I could call for help-sometimes it's a fine line between safety & danger.

OK, I'm leaving this forum for awhile because I'm getting really frustrated. I feel like some posters are convinced that they are right and not open to any other ideas (which is totally NOT what sleuthing is all about). When it comes to investigating, it is imperative to be open-minded; criticizing other fellow members it not at all conducive to solving a case. And before I get put on time-out for replying in all caps to those that KNOW so-in-so is guilty and/or Hannah is this way or that way, I am going to gracefully bow out. I pray that Hannah is found safe and sound! Great work fellow sleuthers.

To all the newbies, please continue contributing and posting your thoughts and ideas. If anyone criticizes or gets snarky, please ignore them and don't get pulled into an argument. Your contribution may in fact be the key that solves the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95