VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, he has not been arrested nor arraigned, so no public defender... how is he supposed to afford to retain an attorney?

We are middle class, and it would take some serious running up of the plastic to do so.

he has an attorney already...

Only possibility that I can think of is a slight variation:
* They get into the car, she has some sort of medical incident that leads to her death, he freaks out and drops her someplace

Knowing now that he works transporting sick patients, wouldn't he drop her off at the hospital?

Just a thought...

What if she did make it to a party or home and died there? Friends got scared, hid the body, then reported her missing 36 hours later..? Maybe I just need to stop watching Law and Order today. ;)
I'm addicted to SVU!!! [emoji12]

wow im finally caught up i think.. im not sure i have an opinion at this time.. this guy JM doesnt seem like a bad guy, but then again as we learned in many other cases, were only gonna see whats made available, and people or portrayed based on opinions, i guess its perception really.. what does everyone else think? is he telling the truth or not?

If that's what happened, he should say so. There is a missing girl here, and he could be the hero to solve the mystery of where she was after leaving the Tempo restaurant.

Agree. He won't even answer any questions. At least get a lawyer and go in and answer questions if you are innocent and want to find her jmo and if it were me.

there are many reasons why people don't contact the police when they become somehow involved in a crime situation. a lot of people fear the police, plain and simple + are terrified to get involved. i don't blame them.

I get that but now he IS involved so I want to know what his motivations are. Don't misunderstand, I am skeptical of him as responsible for her disappearance but I am trying to understand his behavior.

I am still so hung up on the footage where Wg ducks around the corner and then follows Hannah.

I think he needs to be re questioned if not already. Find his timeline after he apparently leaves her. Look into his background more.

I think it's just his F.U. to everyone looking at him. "Here, look at this black wall if you want something to look at so badly." Wonder if he knows he can just disable the damn profile.

You'd think that if he (somehow) didn't know that, that someone would clue him in. :waitasec:

We've already had one WSer (who was here long before this case, so it isn't like someone who came as a result of it, and who was following the case before discovering a link) who discovered mutual FB friends with him.

And that's just from our pool of WS regulars who also happen to be following this particular case - there could well be more not following it and/or who haven't looked at his FB and seen his friends list to also notice connections!

Heck, I live on the opposite side of the country and he's got a FB friend I recognize (but don't actually know) who is a server at a place I eat at with some degree of regularity. And I only recognized the face, thought I was nuts (I mean, the POI lives on the other coast and w/ no real ties to the state I'm in), then saw more on that person's FB and where they worked, confirming it's the person I thought. :scared:

I'm sure the media and others are finding the same, especially since he's been in the same general area for a long time so relative locals tend to pay more attention and the odds of a common tie are far, far, far higher!

Only blocking his picture (someone had access to his account to do it - really doesn't even matter if it was him, a friend, a family member, etc) and leaving his friend list, etc. wide open is a little odd to me.

It's like an open invitation asking for trouble even if he's completely innocent because it gives names (and at least an indirect way) to contact others who could have known him - asking questions, perhaps having things shared that wouldn't be helpful (even if innocent) as people think back on things they recall about the person, or just giving more info out.

Heck, maybe that's how the DM got Grandma to give the "good boy" and "loves my [her] greens" quotes :happydance:

Just strange to me the pictures would be changed - especially since it's not like he/they locked things down enough for even THAT change not to show up on his wall. If the privacy was different, the picture changing could be noticed, but it wouldn't show to the public WHEN it was changed. It just looks more attention getting (at the least) this way.

It's just strange to me (and I realize you likely are thinking all the same things - just jumping off what you said :) ) but I'm also someone who finds the openness on some FB pages very odd (and naive) so who knows. LOL.

Agree. He won't even answer any questions. At least get a lawyer and go in and answer questions if you are innocent and want to find her jmo and if it were me.

Again, how do you know this hasn't happened? Am I missing a source since the interview where the chief said they wanted to talk to him further?

<modsnip>

I just want her found and for her killer (if there is one) to receive some justice.

If Dreads is reading this, cooperating with the police is the only sane option at this point. Refusing to answer questions from the police casts serious doubts on a witness. Becoming indignant and self righteous to the cops when they are doing the best they can under extremely trying circumstances is not wise either.

Their goal, and the only thing they are focusing on right now is to find this young woman.

You would think that any reasonable and decent human being would want the same thing and wouldnt try to hinder that....whatever the reasons.

<modsnip>
the POI quite rightly lawyered up, and will do what his lawyer tells him to do, as anyone who finds themselves involved in a crime situation should.

This case is just so complicated. I have never seen anything like it.

The POI seems to be just as much as an upstanding citizen as Hannah's parents and friends make her out to be. I see absolutely no discrepancies. Some want to judge him for buying her a drink as she was underage. So, did he know she was underage? We don't know. We also seem to forget that she was 18, and an adult and responsible for her actions, as far as the law is concerned. So she accepted a drink from him? they are both EQUALLY guilty.

<modsnip>

I agree bakerlady that this is complicated: first man reports what he sees and is a good Samaritan; second man changes course to follow HG - maybe to offer help - but doesn't come forward on his own. Nobody sees HG in his car (at least not that we were told). It's even possible that the first man actually did something to HG -- I am speculating -- and framed JM. Maybe the first man got to HG after they left the bar. That would be complicated -- anything is possible. But, in my opinion, I think LE has the right POI.

I don't think many prudent people would do this. Its easy for one to say that sitting here, but me personally, I'd get a lawyer as soon as they searched my car.

he has an attorney already...

can you please post the link? I hope the relative who spoke to the UK outlet got paid enough for a decent attorney. My mind keeps going back to 14th and Wertland...and the frat she left...

I understand this. I was just simply adding another way of obtaining it. No offense, but I wasn't replying specifically to your post.

No offense taken. : ) Posted just to clarify just in case. Another poster had said something similar and I just wanted to be clear what I meant. No probs.

how is he supposed to know where video footage will be obtained from? how is he supposed to know that justice will prevail? in lots of cases, there is an astonishing lack of competence with LE. as a general rule, you lawyer up.

She was tracked throughout the area from when she had dinner to Tempo. There's already so much footage showing her movements throughout the evening that it simply makes sense that if she left Tempo on foot, there would be footage. If she was dropped off somewhere, there would be footage. Let him lawyer up fast, and let him go to the police and tell them what happened. He claims that they left Tempo and parted ways. Where's the footage of her after she left Tempo restaurant?

Again, how do you know this hasn't happened? Am I missing a source since the interview where the chief said they wanted to talk to him further?

I posted earlier where a reporter asked this afternoon and verified that he has not been interviewed.

How do you get those blacked out squares on your FB page?

Upload one as your profile pic just like anything else people put up there.

It wouldn't take but seconds to find one online to upload (if one was too lazy to or didn't have a clue how to use paint or any other program basically every system has standard)

And it wouldn't take but seconds to make one either in hordes of free programs, at least one of which would be free and already installed on whatever he was using.

Something like Paint or any other similar program that basically every system has standard that easily lets you make shapes (of any colour) among hundreds of other things, even if someone has minimal computer, tablet, or smart phone know-how.

Very, very easy. Very, very minimal effort. Very, very quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95