VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still so hung up on the footage where Wg ducks around the corner and then follows Hannah.

Thanks for your comment, ZsaZsa, but there is a remedy for his fear of being railroaded if he knew he did nothing wrong: get an attorney...don't speak to LE on his own. Then, with his attorney cooperate and provide all information of his interaction with HG. All MOO.

There's nothing like righteous indignation though; if I were in his shoes and I was innocent I would be inviting anyone who wanted to talk to me to come on over, and I would have marched straight down to the Police station to demand they clear
my name. Not saying anything when he is obviously aware they are investigating him, is very indicative of some guilty secret IMO.

Agreed. He's more concerned about keeping his secrets than clearing his name and helping to find this girl. Shady, pure and simple.

If she wandered away on her own after leaving Tempo restaurant, there will be video footage to prove it. If she got in his car and he dropped her off somewhere, again, there will be surveillance video. He has no reason to fear being framed. In fact, if he dropped her off, police can immediately collect video from that area and find out what happened next.

how is he supposed to know where video footage will be obtained from? how is he supposed to know that justice will prevail? in lots of cases, there is an astonishing lack of competence with LE. as a general rule, you lawyer up.

plenty of people have responded to your questions. a lot of black people especially don't trust the police, and quite rightly so in many cases. maybe he was just terrified because he was the last person to see hannah and figured he'd be railroaded

If he dropped her off somewhere, then he wasn't the last person to see her, he was simply one link in the chain of events that night. If he doesn't provide the next link in the chain of events, then the chain stops with him, and he becomes a very real suspect.

Agreed. He's more concerned about keeping his secrets than clearing his name and helping to find this girl. Shady, pure and simple.

there are many reasons why people don't contact the police when they become somehow involved in a crime situation. a lot of people fear the police, plain and simple + are terrified to get involved. i don't blame them.

Pure speculation, but since his father had/has the same name, maybe when he was a kid they started calling him "Little J" to distinguish the two?
Or his dad goes by Leroy, and the LJ is for Leroy Junior. That's how my son got his nickname. :)

<modsnip>

I feel like the police have done a GREAT job so far - lots of useful info released, quick to follow-up on leads etc. If this guy truly has a hand in Hannah's disappearance and/or murder, I doubt they would just let him walk around where he pleases. They examined his car AND apartment after all. As of now he is merely a POI and NOT a suspect. I think we should respect that. Of course it does not look good for him right now - but that also might be a reason as to why he's held back. Sadly you can see it all over twitter, newsarticles and forum - people made a judgement real quick based on race and not much else. Lots and lots of racially charged comments.

<modsnip> The morality of him buying a drink for an already tipsy underage girl is another matter entirely.

MOO.

Thank you for this post.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I'm not convinced that the POI had anything to do with Hannah's disappearance. Yes, he's the last person seen with her, but the final text message is too weird to me. It makes no sense that she would text him from inside his car or at his house saying she was lost somewhere she wasn't, and it makes no sense that he would text from her phone to place her a few miles from where he would have abducted her. Sadly, I think they parted ways after Tempos and she either ran in the direction of 14th and Wertland or was dropped off there. I've heard conflicting stories about whether or not she was actually present inside Tempos or not. I think she was abducted somewhere around there shortly afterwards because her phone was turned off after that (as far as we know....)

I do wonder if older white guy remained in the area and abducted her after Tempos. The way he stopped and walked after her still sends chills down my spine. I know he came forward on his own and spoke to police, but what if he was trying to take the heat off of himself? I also think some killers get off on being in/near the media circus without getting caught. I'm not totally unconvinced of older white guy's involvement.
Maybe THEY were lost.. He's trying to drive her home and she gets turned around.. Just a thought. I have been drunk enough to have gotten lost in my own neighborhood.. I had to call my roommate. Turns out I was two blocks away from my house. A house I had practically grown up in. I think he was well intentioned. She couldn't find her apartment, and he offers to let her crash at his apartment.. He makes a move, she rejects him, he snaps, and then panics.. MOO

If he dropped her off somewhere, then he wasn't the last person to see her, he was simply one link in the chain of events that night. If he doesn't provide the next link in the chain of events, then the chain stops with him, and he becomes a very real suspect.

hopefully video footage will fill in the gaps. i really really hope it will. i would hate for someone to be convicted based on circumstantial evidence.

I would be scared if I was granny right now. I don't think she realize SHE is the one who outed him in the media. Uhoh

Oh, I don't think his grandma should be worried- if it turns out that he is involved, it will just be a sad footnote. We all want our family to support us, no matter what- early days still.

Thanks for your comment, ZsaZsa, but there is a remedy for his fear of being railroaded if he knew he did nothing wrong: get an attorney...don't speak to LE on his own. Then, with his attorney cooperate and provide all information of his interaction with HG. All MOO.

How do you know this hasn't happened?

I have less suspicion about him now, except for one thing--if he is such a good guy, why would he leave a drunk young woman alone downtown at 1:30 am, with no ride home?

Possibly for the same reason HG's friend at the party in Camden Plaza Apartments, did not walk HG home - the few blocks to the GrandMarc apartments. She declined the offer.

'The British-born second-year student went to a party with ski club friends at the Camden Plaza Apartments at the heart of Charlottesville student area. Detectives say she had 'quite a lot to drink' but declined offers from a friend to walk her home and left the party on her own at about midnight.'

VA-student-Hannah-Graham-FIFTH-young-woman-five-years-vanish-Route-29-corridor-one-body-found.html

Respectfully, he has not been arrested nor arraigned, so no public defender... how is he supposed to afford to retain an attorney?

We are middle class, and it would take some serious running up of the plastic to do so.

I am still so hung up on the footage where Wg ducks around the corner and then follows Hannah.

Yeah, me too. Especially since he's still following her 2 minutes later, when she's with dread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax