VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the guy has to do is sit down and tell them about that night.
Maybe agree to a poly.
<modsnip>

A beautifu young woman is missing and probably dead. This guy was seen with her. Everything needs to be done to find her no matter what color ...

Is he innocent? Maybe
Is he guilty? Possibly

He was seen with his hands on her and buying drinks they believe she was in his car.
As I see it he has some explaining to do.

All JMO

Possible scenarios:

* HG left with JM in the car and he dropped her off near her home. She was then abducted by someone else.

* HG and JM parted ways at the bar and she walked home but was abducted by someone else. I doubt this as I think it's in character for JM to offer a ride.

* HG and JM parted ways and HG was approached by WG (Doorway Guy) or BBM (Bald Black Man) at the mall and taken away.

* HG and JM left together in the car for the party but couldn't find it. Hence, that last text. He offers to take her somewhere else where the crime occurred, either by him in the car or his home, or by someone else at a party for instance. This is what I currently think happened, but open to changing my mind. It could have been rape and murder, or an overdose that resulted in death....not sure without the body, of course.

* HG was targeted at the mall by sex slave ring (I doubt this, but maybe).

* HG and JM parted ways and she fell somewhere and died from overdose, injuries, etc.

* What other options?

Yes, lists I love lists! I think you hit all of the possibilities. Im sure someone will say, maybe she ran away. IMO, that didn't happen.

I'm not organized for all the links, but basically:

1) Dreadlocked person in video's name has come out (Jesse Matthew)
2) Grammy grants interview, says he had drinks with HG but did not have her in his car, also comments that he's a good boy and eats his greens (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-bought-drinks-claims-did-NOT-drive-car.html)
3) Articles say he works in the medical center as a medical transporter. Another article (apparently mistakenly) said that HG was a nursing student, but she seems not to be (see upthread)
4) Search doesn't seem to have turned up anything
5) No press conference scheduled for tonight, no announcements about additional video that LE previously said they were reviewing.

I think that's about it.

Thank you so much. I'm just finding out about this case and have some questions too if anyone can answer:

1. How many on here feel the POI is a good suspect and if so, why and how many are skeptical that he is involved and why?
2. Has anyone discussed the possibility that this gal was purposefully drugged?
3. What other cases in the area are you all talking about as possible links and why?

I don't know much but I did read about the black squares on the POI's FB page and that rubs me the wrong way. I do find it odd and creepy and sort of an FU.

I also heard that he noticed Hannah as she wandered around, circled behind her and then put his arm around her. I find that creepy too.

But I don't know much about this case and haven't formed an opinion yet. Hoping everyone can help get me up to speed.

You know, it is horrible to me that young people can simply be walking around a bit inebriated and just disappear, likely at the hands of a predator. If the predator is young, even worse in a way. Like young people can't feel safe with their peers.

Finally, if she was taken by someone on foot, how far could she be? And can't search dogs be used to track her from the last places seen on surveillance?

My post about DNA testing items from the POI had to do with items collected using the warrants, not going through trash.

I understand this. I was just simply adding another way of obtaining it. No offense, but I wasn't replying specifically to your post.

I have less suspicion about him now, except for one thing--if he is such a good guy, why would he leave a drunk young woman alone downtown at 1:30 am, with no ride home?

A bad guy would give a drunk young woman a ride home when she didn't want one, so it's all relative.

Mapquest shows 3.65 miles from downtown mall to Hessian Hills Apartments via US.250, 2.77 miles via Baracks Road.

My previous statement was erroneous. I had the distance to Tempos confused with the distance to dreads apartment.

It is .13 miles from Tuel's Jewelry on the downtown mall to Tempo Restaurant. 55 seconds by car, and likely a 3 or 4 minute walk on foot.

Right, I agree.

Linkedin reminder

Just a friendly reminder, that generally speaking, it is not always wise to click on linkedin profiles. If you have a linkedin account, and click on someone else's, they might be aware that your profile visited their page. (depending on settings)
Probably not wise to venture that route.

I'm sure that my DNA is all over my keyboard here, for example. They took lots of things from his house. Are they not allowed to run it without permission?

How about those suspects that they follow and grab their used spoons and such?
three people in the apt. plus I'm sure they have had people over so that leaves many people leaving DNA over many things but if they (LE) eye witnessed him sipping a straw that nobody else handled they can use that to eliminate him or match samples they have..it would be a "piece of a puzzle" that they can use depending on where that matching DNA came from.

Yes, lists I love lists! I think you hit all of the possibilities. Im sure someone will say, maybe she ran away. IMO, that didn't happen.

Only possibility that I can think of is a slight variation:
* They get into the car, she has some sort of medical incident that leads to her death, he freaks out and drops her someplace

I'm not convinced that the POI had anything to do with Hannah's disappearance. Yes, he's the last person seen with her, but the final text message is too weird to me. It makes no sense that she would text him from inside his car or at his house saying she was lost somewhere she wasn't, and it makes no sense that he would text from her phone to place her a few miles from where he would have abducted her. Sadly, I think they parted ways after Tempos and she either ran in the direction of 14th and Wertland or was dropped off there. I've heard conflicting stories about whether or not she was actually present inside Tempos or not. I think she was abducted somewhere around there shortly afterwards because her phone was turned off after that (as far as we know....)

I do wonder if older white guy remained in the area and abducted her after Tempos. The way he stopped and walked after her still sends chills down my spine. I know he came forward on his own and spoke to police, but what if he was trying to take the heat off of himself? I also think some killers get off on being in/near the media circus without getting caught. I'm not totally unconvinced of older white guy's involvement.

Maybe agree to a poly.
<modsnip>

A beautifu young woman is missing and probably dead. This guy was seen with her. Everything needs to be done to find her no matter what color ...

Is he innocent? Maybe
Is he guilty? Possibly

He was seen with his hands on her and buying drinks they believe she was in his car.

All JMO

All we know is that when approached at home (likely with no lawyer present), he didn't speak much with police. The chief said in that interview that they want to speak with him again and I don't think we've heard anything else insinuating he has been uncooperative since then. They probably do want to talk with him again. Perhaps he wanted to (very reasonably) secure legal representation before arranging that. I think anything implying he is avoiding giving any help at all is complete speculation and there haven't been facts that back it up. JMO

He didn't talk to LE, but told his mom (according to his gramma) that he bought HG drinks, but then left. I think little by little that story will expand. I still don't know if he killed her, but I do think she was in his car and he is scared to admit it.

He could be scared because he's guilty. Or, he could be scared because he's innocent and afraid of being found guilty.

A bad guy would give a drunk young woman a ride home when she didn't want one, so it's all relative.

My thoughts exactly. Theres something kind of sleazy and unethical about approaching a young girl who is obviously drunk (per police statements) and then offering her more to drink.

It seems as if he were attempting to take advantage of her condition. That act alone has me doubting his intentions as being pure.

Consequently, this could explain why WG was reluctant to approach Hannah.He didnt want people getting the wrong idea.

Chief Longo said that video of him leaving the downtown area in his car was among the evidence used to obtain a search warrant..
I wonder if that will be released?

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_ad3384f8-4067-11e4-8e63-001a4bcf6878.html

Details of the warrants remain sealed on the orders of a judge, and will remain secret for up to 180 days, unless the judge changes the ruling.

http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...as-they-search-car-and-apartment-complex.html

Maybe agree to a poly.
<modsnip>

Is he innocent? Maybe
Is he guilty? Possibly

All JMO

Exactly. It seems so straight forward. An innocent man who innocently helps an intoxicated girl late at night has no problem coming forward to provide information about that missing girl. From what I've read, it seems that he either doesn't live alone or he has frequent visitors, so presumably could provide an alibi if he was home at 1:30AM on the night in question.

What is he afraid of?

She might have accepted a ride home but she didnt want him to know where she lives soshe had him drop her off on Wertland and that's when something happened.

TY mods for keeping the thread on track, that's what makes this site MUCH better than the others :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r