VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They named the POI. That's really all I know. And that his car/house was searched.

Happy birthday to your baby!!

Thank you her name is Avari (pronounced Avery)! :) It's the dread guy right? Same guy from yesterday? I got all that I just missed all of todays discussion unless it's a new POI?

Yes, "technically", he has been in trouble with the law before . . . . . but from what I have heard, it was minor things (expired car tag, failure to pay a fine on time, etc.). I am brought to tears writing this, because when I heard Chief Longo say the POI has been know by police, I assumed it was some hardened criminal and the abduction of Hannah was just the next level of their crimes. But after realizing that I know the POI, I am so sad the the way the media phrased his "run-ins with the law" made me think terrible things! . . . . and being a you, black male (with dreads, no less) in Central Virginia, I don't know if I would have felt comfortable coming forward either. Heartbroken!

Yup apparently he went to Liberty University which is a Christian University founded by Jerry Falwell and he also played football there. Also him working at the UVA medical center could be a sign that he is a caring person who likes to help people. But on the other hand why is he out walking alone at 1am then picks up a girl and apparently buys her drinks. Didn't Longo say in the press conference that this guy has been in trouble with the police before?

Hmm I thought the Daily Mail was pretty good. For being across the pond they find out more than the local news does.
But that's JMO

There's a reason they call it the Daily Fail. It's more of a tabloid than serious news. They usually get the story up online ahead of the competition resulting in an English teacher's worst nightmare and the facts don't always check. It's the most popular online newspaper and IMO it's a decent source but definitely not the most credible.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_Online
Read the part regarding inaccuracies and controversies...

^^^ This has been my opinion of the "I'm lost" text for awhile now. I don't believe she could have been that unfamiliar with the area after living there for two years as an active part of the student body. In the event she was that confused, there where plenty of people and places along the way for her to get directions. In my opinion she was ditching her friends for a reason.

I feel along these lines too. I have to wonder if she had intentions to meet with someone around that area. Why would she go alone? Most young woman would not feel secure enough to go partying by themselves. I would think it would feel odd. Perhaps she intended to meet someone that she met online. Maybe she didn't want people to know this, since most people do not. Therefore, she didn't tell anyone. Maybe that person showed or didn't. She very well could have been coaxed into being away from folks and out of sight from most people. Perhaps the times that she was running was because she realized that she was far from where she needed to be and was trying to make up for time. Yes, she may have been familiar with the area, but again it is easy when you are heavily intoxicated, in the dark, to get on the wrong block. This is just a possible idea to explain her actions and choice of direction to travel. Praying for her family during this very difficult time.

This is going to sounds really, really weird. After watching all the videos of her walking and being alone so much of the evening, I have to pose this question. Is there any way possible she could have some type of exercise disorder? It almost looks like she is wearing running type shoes in some of the videos I watched. I knew girls in college that would go out walking at midnight after a night on the town as to not feel fat after drinking all night. I know it is weird. I just wonder if she left after Tempo's and continued her exercising and then was snatched by someone else? Sorry, i know this is weird and disrespectful.

Been lurking here from the beginning. Excellent reasoning and sleuthing going on. Wanted to return to HG's intent for a moment. To do that I'm using the McGrady's video from the Cavalier Daily. It is zoomed out to the original frame size and gives a more overall view of what's happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy43pVr2Ixw

My belief is HG wasn't lost at all. Drunk yes, but not lost.

McGrady's is located on the front of a two block square and Grady's Ave. (which is right next to McGrady's Irish Pub) and is a dead end street. HG only showed up on the Shell video once going toward the downtown mall. Therefore she likely emerged onto Preston from either 8th, 7th or Albemarle St. and then turned to go toward McGrady's.

McGrady's Pub has no adjoined parking lot therefore patrons park in the neighborhood surrounding it. If HG came down 8th St. she would have already scanned the cars parked down that street.

HG comes into view on the McGrady's CCTV video and walks to the front corner of the outside patio at :56 in the video. She stops and scans the area around her. She then walks to the other corner at 1:10 of the video and pauses again. She then exits the video and is gone until 2:56 in the video.

My belief is she has continued walking up to 10th St. and around the corner to further scan for cars parked nearby. At 1:35 in the video we see I male standing just outside the outdoor patio seating area. He appears to be a bouncer to me. At 2:56 when HG rounds the corner back at McGrady's the male immediately strolls to the meet her at the top of the ramp HG is walking up. They meet at 3:08 in the video and she passing him very quickly and he returns to the place where he was standing.

HG, in my mind, has cased McGrady's for a car she is familiar with. Why go up the ramp? She can get a better view if someone she is looking for is on the outdoor patio and also ask the bouncer "Hey have you seen ____?"

At 3:36 in the video HG crosses Grady Ave. and pauses one last time to look up Grady Ave. at the parked cars. Not finding what she's looking for she continues on.

Her next destination is the downtown mall. Think of that feeling you've had sometime in your life that you're missing the party, the fun. Thus to close the distance she runs for a while and that's what's caught on the Shell video footage.
I agree with this. This is what I have felt all along.

Without her announcing her age, how would the POI know she was underage. As far as being served alcohol, this wasn't the first bar/restaurant that she was served at this night I believe, wasn't she out with friends earlier, I thought she was out drinking and dancing. I think she must have been carded at Tempo. Sounds to me that she was carrying good fake ID and looked a few years older than her real age.

Maybe, I can tell you that it seems that people are sometimes less likely to card in upscale establishments.

Perhaps they figure that college kids are all on a budget and wont come in or theyre worried about carding someone affecting their tips...I dunno but it has been my experience in a few restaurants over the years.

Tempos might have that reputation for serving anyone....... without the benefit of a local its hard to say.

When I worked at Applebees decades ago the "tell" was when an obviously underage male would order something like a frozen strawberry daquiri and then say they left their I.D in the car. When we'd offer to let them go get it they would invariably decline. The servers would all laugh about it in the vestibule.

Conversely, if someone walks in and orders a Glenfiddich on the rocks; for example, with confidence and authority theyre much less likely to be carded....Unless they run into someone like me who cards anyone who looks under 30 without exception.

Its sometimes awkward to card a younger female with an older male. Hannah and many college students might even be aware of this as well.

I once witnessed the owner of a restaurant I worked at "stung" by ABC for serving an extremely well dressed young lady ordering a white wine spritzer.Im not even sure at the time if I would have carded her myself.

Obviously there are plenty of factors to consider in all aspects of this case.

OMG, rode the bus with him in middle school? Hasn't seen him in 13-14 YEARS? WTF. Where did they find this guy? I'm about to throw my computer out the window. I hope the anchor has a good time at her wedding tonight.

I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but do we have first hand information from the police (not media reports) that the police know where JM is now? In this clip (at approx 3:30) it seems like Chief Longo said that he personally did not know JM's whereabouts. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPPS1pb56Q

BBM: that's the whacky theory I've been mulling. JL maybe also notices something "off" about Hannah out of the corner of his eyes, doubletakes, catches sight of WG, & hoofs it fast to catch up with her. Says something like "Please don't panic, but I think there's a guy following you, are you ok, let's get you out of here yadda, whatever"... JMO.

NB, in no way shape or form am I saying WG was up to no good.

I just don't know how the after-Tempo time plays out.

Praying for Hannah, her family, & LE.

I can see that but then I continue to think and wonder why if he is such a good guy as to rescue her from a weird guy and to intervene, then why not come forward and tell the cops what happened? After all, if he feared for her enough to get her away from WG, did he just abandon her 20 minutes later (and if so where??). Why not tell LE that so they could get on the right track instead of hiding away until finally identified and then clamming up?

omg...Fox5 is interviewing someone who knew Jesse from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! How is this even worthwhile??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous. What a freaking waste of time. I waited ALL NIGHT FOR THIS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

I for some reason think she may have been saying I am lost...as in she didn't understand something. I only say that because of the way she said "I'm coming to a party....I'm lost" as in she was asking a question. Otherwise why would she say I'm coming to a party instead of I'm going to a party? Just a thought.
That phrase bothers me to. IMO, it doesn't sound like first-person, it sounds more third-person, like someone texting as Hannah, but not being aware enough to change the pronoun phrasing. I said this last night at silly o'clock, I know I'm probably grasping at straws here in parsing the text, but I don't believe Hannah sent that, not based on what I've read of her twitter feed. It just doesn't seem like a turn of phrase she would use.

OMG, rode the bus with him in middle school? Hasn't seen him in 13-14 YEARS? WTF. I'm about to throw my computer out the window. I hope the anchor has a good time at her wedding tonight.

I hate to say it but.... I CALLED IT

SMH!!!

OK, I'm leaving this forum for awhile because I'm getting really frustrated. I feel like some posters are convinced that they are right and not open to any other ideas (which is totally NOT what sleuthing is all about). When it comes to investigating, it is imperative to be open-minded; criticizing other fellow members it not at all conducive to solving a case. And before I get put on time-out for replying in all caps to those that KNOW so-in-so is guilty and/or Hannah is this way or that way, I am going to gracefully bow out. I pray that Hannah is found safe and sound! Great work fellow sleuthers.

To all the newbies, please continue contributing and posting your thoughts and ideas. If anyone criticizes or gets snarky, please ignore them and don't get pulled into an argument. Your contribution may in fact be the key that solves the case!

You said exactly what I have been feeling today!!

Did she just say she was lost on the text? Where did the info about the intersection come from? Was that an earlier text? A later one? So confused. I don't think any outlet has printed the actual messages verbatim, have they?

Also, if he knows Hannah was not in his car or home, I can kind of see just letting LE do their thing and not hiring and paying for a lawyer yet. He knows nothing will be found, if he never gave her a ride. He knows his phone info will match what he tells LE, if they ever have more reason to question him. If he guilty, then he is just toughing it out, making them "prove it." Either way, he is not going to be of help in finding her now. Le or the public is going to have to do that.

Jmo

OMG, rode the bus with him in middle school? Hasn't seen him in 13-14 YEARS? WTF. I'm about to throw my computer out the window. I hope the anchor has a good time at her wedding tonight.

Haha. I just said the same thing to my husband. Yaaaay one of those people who knew him 333038208328383 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member