VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes- this really, really bothers me... it is exactly the interesection she said she was lost at...and the reported sexual assault was early morning too

Imagine if someone else used her phone to send that message. :thinking:

I don't think she is a nursing student, despite what that article says. In UVA's directory she is listed as an undergrad in the school of arts and sciences and not in the school of nursing.

At some schools you have to be accepted into the "school of nursing" by taking the science prereqs beforehand. Possibly this could be the case? Will try to look into this further. Icantread do you know?

As I linked earlier, the nursing school students can take nursing classes at UVA Medical Center as a second year student. Here is a description of the classes (http://www.nursing.virginia.edu/media/BSN_POS_06_14.pdf), you could reference these with the bursar website in order to get a description of where the classes are and what is learned. There are also nursing electives, which you similarly look up. However, you would have to talk to someone from the program to get a gauge of interaction with staff and whether or not the two may have met prior. But, it seems unlikely that classes would interact with low-level assistants in a "classroom" setting. It was also only the third week of her second year; so, how much of a relationship would have developed at that point anyways?

<mod snip>.

BBM. Yes. That is the information I was looking for. And, I should state, that I have spent many years as a researcher with lab space in medical centers. Therefore, undergraduates who worked in my lab did things like: Walking through the hallway, visiting the cafeteria, coming in through the lobby, etc. etc. etc. that would bring them into contact with all manner of people who work in the hospital. Some of the people *I* got to know best were cleaning staff because they were always out and about. Just sayin'.

I don't think she is a nursing student, despite what that article says. In UVA's directory she is listed as an undergrad in the school of arts and sciences and not in the school of nursing.

Is it possible that nursing students start out in Arts & Sciences and then move into the nursing program when they satisfy pre-req's and declare the major officially as a junior?

See but he isn't a suspect - he's a person of interest. Those are two different things. Plus, everyone here is trying their hardest to link him to the MH case - nothing has been officially declared by the police department that he was involved in her case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please explain the difference between a suspect and person of interest. In my view, there is no difference. Isn't everyone, cleared or not, suspect or not, POI or not, basically the same until they are arrested and charged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The UVA website says that the traditional BSN program is for first year entry. You can transfer into the program from another major, but if you do you start as a second year. HG had already begun her second year and had not transferred into the program.

As I linked earlier, the nursing school students can take nursing classes at UVA Medical Center as a second year student. Here is a description of the classes (http://www.nursing.virginia.edu/media/BSN_POS_06_14.pdf), you could reference these with the bursar website in order to get a description of where the classes are and what is learned. There are also nursing electives, which you similarly look up. However, you would have to talk to someone from the program to get a gauge of interaction with staff and whether or not the two may have met prior. But, it seems unlikely that classes would interact with low-level assistants in a "classroom" setting. It was also only the third week of her second year; so, how much of a relationship would have developed at that point anyways?

FYI, anyone accusing me of being rude is taking things the wrong way. People are accusing others of crimes here without providing sound logic or evidence. This is not a good thing to do. If you are unfamiliar, please look up Richard Jewell, Sunil Tripathi, Salah Barhoum, etc. I am also here to discuss things, but claiming Hannah went to buy drugs or that this person killed her is not appropriate when there is no reason to say this.

BBM. Personal stories can be helpful.

Would anyone be able to link me to, or provide some cliffs of the last 12hrs of developments? or I'll never catch up :)

You people want tobe so accurate here. Technically she is a PRE NURSING STUDENT.

Anyone know how often these big searches actually turn something up? Seems more often than not evidence is discovered randomly by someone.

Maybe once in a while...not in cases that come to mind right now. Tim Miller's group has found several victim's bodies on searches. But mostly it seems like ordinary people find them, or the evidence, i.e weapons etc. while hiking, etc

First post on this site, have been following this case closely. The community here has really come together over this case, I saw multiple search crews canvassing various areas as I was leaving work this morning. Definitely hope we find answers as to what exactly happened to HG.

I work at the hospital and I have interacted with the POI multiple times, all just brief interactions while crossing paths. He is not a nursing assistant, he works in patient transport. He has always been pleasant when I have seen him around. He does seem to work quite a bit as well, I would venture to guess close to full time. FYI, he is on the staff directory with a much better picture than that currently released but I am not sure I am allowed to release a picture from the directory so will not do so. I hope that the evidence from the car and the house provides more information; I would definitely hope that we respect due process and give the POI a chance to clear his name if he is not involved.

Anyone know how often these big searches actually turn something up? Seems more often than not evidence is discovered randomly by someone.
In my area when I have been on searches for missing women - there are team leaders who guide a group of volunteers and supervise them so that they do NOT touch anything or disturb something important otherwise none of the evidence can be used in court. If you suspect something you see or find - you radio in to a volunteer. You mark the spot or things you want the pros to look at and then you get the heck out of there.
Then the dogs and serious search people come in.
Is this what you meant - about turning something up? You'd be surprised how many bones are out in the woods or fields and how many purses and make-up is thrown out.
One very young woman missing from here - they found her body - what was left of it - hanging in a tree - about 36 miles away from where she was last seen and over 18 months later.

Would anyone be able to link me to, or provide some cliffs of the last 12hrs of developments? or I'll never catch up :)

Name of POI, Jesse Matthew, was put out by the Daily Mail from London. Later confirmed in local news here in US. Big search today, nothing found. No arrest, he seems to be moving out of apartment, per reports, so maybe LE is done there. He may be a worker at UVA hospital. What else?

Attention Please!

I see we have several new posters have joined us. Welcome to Websleuths!

Below is a link to our Websleuths Rules. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with this area of Websleuths.

After reading the rules and regulations, if you have any questions, please let me know by pm.

TIA
fran
:seeya:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Thank you for the insight.
First post on this site, have been following this case closely. The community here has really come together over this case, I saw multiple search crews canvassing various areas as I was leaving work this morning. Definitely hope we find answers as to what exactly happened to HG.

I work at the hospital and I have interacted with the POI multiple times, all just brief interactions while crossing paths. He is not a nursing assistant, he works in patient transport. He has always been pleasant when I have seen him around. He does seem to work quite a bit as well, I would venture to guess close to full time. FYI, he is on the staff directory with a much better picture than that currently released but I am not sure I am allowed to release a picture from the directory so will not do so. I hope that the evidence from the car and the house provides more information; I would definitely hope that we respect due process and give the POI a chance to clear his name if he is not involved.

Possible scenarios:

* HG left with JM in the car and he dropped her off near her home. She was then abducted by someone else.

* HG and JM parted ways at the bar and she walked home but was abducted by someone else. I doubt this as I think it's in character for JM to offer a ride.

* HG and JM parted ways and HG was approached by WG (Doorway Guy) or BBM (Bald Black Man) at the mall and taken away.

* HG and JM left together in the car for the party but couldn't find it. Hence, that last text. He offers to take her somewhere else where the crime occurred, either by him in the car or his home, or by someone else at a party for instance. This is what I currently think happened, but open to changing my mind. It could have been rape and murder, or an overdose that resulted in death....not sure without the body, of course.

* HG was targeted at the mall by sex slave ring (I doubt this, but maybe).

* HG and JM parted ways and she fell somewhere and died from overdose, injuries, etc.

* What other options?

GOOD SIMPLE possibilities...

add to them...

* He simply drops her off at 14th & Wertland on his way home to his apartment and she gets hit by a car and then gets taken away and the body and evidence removed.

* He takes her to his place to crash...and someone rapes and kills her and disposes of her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay