VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I am fairly certain you can't go into a police station and demand a court appoint attorney. Public defenders are appointed at the arraignment stage. Now, if Longo stated in the press conference that "they found him one", we'll, I'm stumped.

You can tell them you want an attorney and they have to call you one. Or stop talking to you. I suspect they wanted to talk to him,and he did walk in there so it seemed he might talk .

We know they got warrants for his car and apartment before even talking to him, and in the presser after that they were already talking aggressively. That to me is blowing it. They have alienated their POI more than a POI may already be alienated. And now look where we are. IMO that is where it started.
I think this is an unfair assumption. The chief said they wanted to speak to him leading me to believe they have tried numerous times. I'm an LEO and anytime a search warrant is served you try to talk to the person in hopes they want to clear up any misunderstanding... So just because they haven't up til yesterday surely doesn't mean they haven't tried numerous times

I'm not going to argue what you interpreted from the press conference, but I got that LE has video of Heather leaving Tempo with JM and they have not found her in a week. JM was the last to see Heather before she vanished from the earth. I think from all of that, Longo has absolute reason to believe she was in the car with him. MOO

Last known person, to see her.

Bakerlady, I heard Longo say they had video of them leaving Tempo together. I remember the reporter asking if this was witness or video and he said video. MOO

He actually said the complete opposite. He said there are no other videos after the Tuel video.

IMO, it says quite a bit that they were able to get a search warrant for his car and apartment without even talking to him. Must be enough evidence out there to get LE at least that far.
I can see how that fact would scare someone, whether they did anything to her or not. I just can't understand refusing to come in and tell the police what happened after they left Tempo together.
JM told his Grandma that they went to Tempo and parted ways right after that. Telling Grandma is not the same as telling LE.
I just don't know what the right approach would be to get him to talk...He knew he'd been with her that night and never called the tipline or came into the police station until after they had enough evidence to get the search warrants. You'd think he'd be like-"Hey, I was with this chick that night. We went to Tempo and then I dropped her off".....or whatever. That should have been done from moment #1 it became known she was missing. JMO of course.

It really isn't that hard to get a warrant. As the last known person with Hannah, if he had a stain on his seat (of a very beat up car) they could get a warrant. If they then found female underwear in the car, they may then get a warrant for the apartment. Both of these can be explained, and even LE hasn't gotten results yet, so they have no clue either way either.

Also, I've said it before, but a LOT of people I know his age do not watch the local news at all. If this was a case in my area, they would have no clue about it. It probably sounds inconceivable to us, but I have seen it. It boggles my brain, but it happens. He could have had no clue about Hannah being missing, about the tape, about any of it.

People want to think he MUST have known about it, because of course he is guilty! But if you look at the flip side, there are legitimate, reasonable explanations.

His car tells me he is poor. Most people in organized crime can afford nice cars.
Absolutely not the case. Locals are used to lure girls and either hand them off somewhat locally to an interstate trafficker or they will transport them to a meeting place further away. Richmond is dealing with such situations and has had a few high profile round ups and arrests. The girls are handed off to a more seasoned criminal and there is usually one of their working woman in the car with these pimps. The local guy gets as low as a few hundred to $500 for his part. He returns back to his home and usually no one is the wiser. Please research the recent FBI busts and Virginia Statewide taskforce.

I think when they screw up and grab a young woman who becomes a very high profile case, like MH or HG, the risk to keep them alive is far too high. Because of that, I don't believe HG will be kept alive. But having said that, she could be found as far away as NY, Phila, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, St Louis, Baltimore...anywhere. But with this much media exposure she is in much more danger than even Samantha Clarke. In her case the media exposure went really no further than DC.

Because LE scared the crap out of him by taking his car and then busting into his house at 5:45am. I truly think he would reacted differently if LE would have calmly knocked on his door in the middle of the afternoon and said "we understand you may have spent some time with the missing Hannah Graham on Friday/Saturday . . . . what can you tell us about that". I truly believe he would have cooperate. I think he clammed-up because he was abruptly awoken, told his car had been impounded and told to not touch anything in the apartment, step outside, while they executed the search warrant. I'm sure he was shaken!

If JM is such a model citizen, committed Christian, upstanding member of society etc etc then why is he refusing to help police find Hannah?

I was just surprised to see forgetting to signal could be reckless.
I will be interested to see if he is jailed for this and for how long, and if for more than a few days how that will be justified.

For reckless, people are not usually placed under arrest - just given a summons and a court date they HAVE to appear for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is an unfair assumption. The chief said they wanted to speak to him leading me to believe they have tried numerous times. I'm an LEO and anytime a search warrant is served you try to talk to the person in hopes they want to clear up any misunderstanding... So just because they haven't up til yesterday surely doesn't mean they haven't tried numerous times

I never said they haven't tried. I said they didn't try before they executed the warrants. They went in aggressively, and they alienated their POI.

I think if the police would have gone to his house at a normal time of day (instead of 5:45am in the morning AFTER they had taken his car), he would have spoken. If 1-2 officers would have knocked on his door at 4pm, after he was home from work relaxing and said "we saw some video of you and a missing girl", I think he would have cooperated.

If police barge into my house at 5:45am, after taking may car . . . . and now I have to call work and say I can't come in, I don't think I would be very cooperative. Especially, once the police say they have a search warrant and I have to leave my house. I would be scared beyond belief (even if I were innocent) . . . . .<modsnip>. ( I am really a middle-aged white woman, who knows Coach Matthew).

By the time the police came to his house even if it was 3:00a.m., I am sure he knew his video was all over the tv stations, knew she was missing, knew he had interacted with her. If he didn't watch tv, he heard about it at work. Seriously??? Why didn't he go to the police long before the 5:45a.m knock on his door. This isn't about the south, this isn't about race, this is about a young girl missing. So if he was the stellar, upstanding wonderful Christian, he should have done the right thing!!!!

Tempos lead bartender recently enrolled at UVA. Used to live and work in NY. Older but looks young. Could be a reason why she went there. She has a class with him and he said he wouldn't card her. Any way to see if they had classes together?

I still think Tempos has more to offer than just a stop. She was headed that way with determination it looked. I think there is more to Tempos that needs to be uncovered.

I was wondering what kind of establishment Tempos is... what it is known for... party bar? cocktail lounge?

JM is a model friend and family member. Everyone hold him in high regards. He is a man of the bible. Serial killers also are in cases model citizens and church going and loved by the community but hold dark secrets. That is why they get away with their crimes for so long.

BTK was a boy scout leader and president of a church organization so yea....true that.

Actually a co-worker said he had a rep as being kind of creepy with the ladies and issues with personal space. I read it this morning so I suppose it was in the previous thread.

I was just about to look for this because I can't remember exactly what was said, but you did a good job paraphrasing .. So not everyone thinks he's a Christian teddy bear ... :thinking:

BBM. The police know that they left together. They confirmed that in the presser and I believe they said they have video of them after the Tempo together that hasn't been released yet. (Might be wrong there but think the detective said that)

Nope he said he knows they left together via eyewitnesses, but he BELIEVES that she was in the car. JMO

Because LE scared the crap out of him by taking his car and then busting into his house at 5:45am. I truly think he would reacted differently if LE would have calmly knocked on his door in the middle of the afternoon and said "we understand you may have spent some time with the missing Hannah Graham on Friday/Saturday . . . . what can you tell us about that". I truly believe he would have cooperate. I think he clammed-up because he was abruptly awoken, told his car had been impounded and told to not touch anything in the apartment, step outside, while they executed the search warrant. I'm sure he was shaken!

And just because this wasn't put out it doesn't mean they didn't... LE was out there since midnight that night and most likely tried talking to him but then secured the search warrant when he wouldn't talk or maybe they didn't because you run the risk of having the door slammed in your face and someone's saying they don't want to talk and then destroying evidence. There
Is a method to all of this even when it appears there may not be

Why I reference a police officer as suspect in both Harrington & Graham cases:

Back during the Morgan Harrington investigation there was internal police discussion of extending the search area for Morgan outside the city limits of Charlottesville. Shortly thereafter, Morgan's "Pantera" t-shirt is discovered draped over a bush outside an apartment complex well within the city limits. Some have speculated that this was done to delay an expanded search and keep the focus within the city limits. Thus it is speculated that whoever planted Morgan's t-shirt MUST have been privy to internal police discussion. Then lo and behold, "Sketch's" DNA is found on Morgan's t-shirt. I have never believed that "Sketch" was responsible for Morgan Harrington. I believe his DNA was planted on Morgan's t-shirt.

Fast forward to Hannah Graham. We have mysterious White Guy and his odd behavior. He lies in wait and follows Hannah. He gives a false description of black guy, even though black guy had to pass right by him to catch up to Hannah! There's nothing on video to suggest WG ever stopped following Hannah.

Now here's the kicker! The RETURN OF SKETCH! Oh yes, after 5 years in hiding we have a "sighting" of "Sketch" prowling the campus of Washington & Lee University! When was this info released? 2 days after Hannah Graham went missing! When was Sketch seen? Two weeks prior. Plenty of time for Sketch to leave that area and begin prowling UVA. It is my belief that Sketch was "reintroduced" back into the mix 2 days after Hannah disappeared to once again throw police off the trail of a killer. Just as he was "introduced" in the Morgan Harrington case. I'll bet you the sighting of Sketch was made anonymously. :)

Who IS WG? What was he doing alone at the Plaza late at night acting like a stalker?
Is Jesse Matthew under Federal protection at the police station? The bizarre story of his fleeing just a ruse? Why didn't police give the public a description of the vehicle Jesse was feeing in? Why weren't there any reporters at the police station who could confirm Jesse showing up there?
Is WG the REAL subject of this investigation?
Are police, under guidance of the FBI, carefully crafting a production to catch a wily, sinister serial killer?

Oooooh this would be fascinating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member