VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his talking to LE could also neither prove innocence nor prove guilt if he doesn't have enough information to give LE confidence he is innocent but they still don't have anything solid proving guilt. Could end up exactly where we are now but hopefully with less discussion of him talking or not talking to LE

IF you're a murderer, you don't really care about a reckless driving charge, class 1 MD. You disappear. He cares enough about cooperating with the outstanding warrant to make me still hesitant.
It's possible they know JM is not guilty, but maybe they're trying to pull the guilty party, who may be like Zodiac and gets mad when LE has it wrong or when he is not getting credit, out of the woodwork by asking the public to ID JM. they might be looking for the tipster who says "JM is not the guy, I saw her walk away with __________".
they are so focused on DEMANDING tips from the public. I think they are talking to someone specific and trying to trigger someone specific.
Isn't that why the parents spoke? they don't usually do they? they are talking to someone, not just the general public. someone very specific and I don't think it's JM.

Did you not see the press conferences? Even CNN was confused by LE's tone. That aggressiveness is a tool to make the public believe JM is their guy. And yet, LE hasn't disclosed any evidence they have. And what are we all talking about instead of the evidence? Him not talking. They don't need to be happy about it, but they need to respect that it is everyone's right. They need to focus on their case, instead of this fact.

CNN will say anything to get clicks and traffic. They are in the business of newsertainment. CNN is one of the least respected reputable news sources, a far cry from the Wall Street Journal and the AP. CNN's opinion of LE's tone means nothing.

Just curious - why are you so focused on and defensive of the POI's rights? I completely agree everyone should be represented properly and fairly, however he is acting dodgy when he is a key witness of the disappearance of an 18 year old girl. His behavior has gone above and beyond protecting himself at this point. He looks guilty because of his own actions, not because of LE.

Whoa. LE never said JM is guilty. They simply said they are "interested" in him.

Longo said he believe JM was the last person to see Hannah before she vanished from the face of the earth...Imo, that is saying he believes JM is guilty. Not just someone he would like to chat with.

LE wants to ask him questions because he was the last person seen with Hannah. If he answers at all, JM will be telling his story and believe-you-me, the cops will check and double-check what he says. If he says Nothing at all, he doesn't help them: if he says Anything at all, the cops have something to work with. (Think back to Casey Anthony and the story she told and how LE checked out her story.) MOO
Exactly. LE talks to people to then be able to check their stories. To be able either verify or poke holes in their story. That is why everyone should have a lawyer.

Jm is a 32 year old man, picking up and buying a clearly already intoxicated 18 year old girl drinks. I reiterate, a 32 year old man picking up and buying drinks for a young innocent girl who was already very intoxicated and vulnerable. Not like some young college kid picking her up in his immaturity......A 32 year old man who has years and years of more experience and worldliness. So yeah, I would consider that suspicious. But more importantly he is the last person that everyone at this point is aware of that has seen this girl, and apparently he is on the run....
Check this link out....police are asking the public to keep a lookout for jm and his car and released a hotline for anyone who sees him to call immediately.
http://.com/2014/09/21/the-case-of-...lj-matthew-and-call-434-295-3851-immediately/
I don't share your opinion on this. JL may be 32, but we don't know his experience and worldliness. Some men are quite immature at 32. Age 18 may be under-age for drinking in Va., but (correct me if I'm wrong) it is not underage as in being a minor for having sex with someone older. I think there is a chance that Hannah may have asked JL to get her some alcohol rather than him urging her to go in the bar with him. That would explain the short time together. She gets another drink or two and they split going separate ways. For now, I'm assuming him innocent.

I don't much care for that conservativetreehouse.com site you linked either. My goodness, they are acting like this is a serial killer dangerous to the world.

bc he was outed on other social media?? i think longo knew this.
I don't know if that's what he means or not. Because I personally didn't know his name until LE told us after the SW's and stuff. He keeps saying people knew his name before they even told them. He keeps emphasizing that. I mean I saw the guy in the video but I didn't know his name.
So you're saying someone saw him in the footage and said what his name was? That still doesn't explain why they gave a description of what he used to look like vs what he looks like now. It's all so strange the way they are going about solving this case. But what I do know is when they do press conferences Chief Longo is talking to someone maybe JM, maybe someone we don't even know, but he is trying to get a reaction from someone. Maybe that's the only tactic that he think may work in this case since JM runs away all the time.

There is a J *Matthews in Sulfolk, VA that also has dreadlocks. With a goatee, they look very similar. However, there is a Matthew & Matthews, which I believe even reporters have gotten confused with this in the thread 6th of Hannah Graham.

To separate men with an almost identical name.

A member here said that she first met him at Christopher Newport Univ. I think same member that confirmed he was a cab driver and that her friend or a friend of her friend used to date him. Probably is him if the DOB is 12/14/1981 or 82

Most people have not said he is being railroaded straight out. We have said it's a possibility. I have said LE needs to focus on hard evidence. Him using his right to remain silent is not evidence.

LE is following the hard evidence. In an investigation you follow the crumbs. Those crumbs end with JM because he was the last person seen with HG so he is the main person to look at currently. They are waiting for forensic results from the searches done and those forensics could maybe clear JM or not.

LE still should not be using him wanting to not speak without a lawyer against him. If they have evidence, use it. But don't use someone's right to protect themselves as evidence.

What's he protecting himself from? He's a witness who was seen late at night with a woman who has since been reported missing?

What is he afraid of? Is he afraid of being the hero that tells police exactly where they need to search next in order to find her? Why would he be afraid of that?

One reason I don't think JM knew HG before this is because I would assume JM has a cell phone and if HG was meeting up with him then she would call him and he would pick her up and plus didn't police say she texted her friends multiple times while she was lost.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but do the police actually have a record of all of HG's phone texts, or are they relying on the texts that were received by her friends on their phones? Just curious, because if they do not yet have a record of ALL of HG's texts and calls, it's possible she was texting somebody else, too.

I know that I can see what numbers my kids have called on our mobile account, but I cannot access the texts they have sent. I only see the number of texts they have sent during the billing cycle.

IF you're a murderer, you don't really care about a reckless driving charge, class 1 MD. You disappear. He cares enough about cooperating with the outstanding warrant to make me still hesitant.
It's possible they know JM is not guilty, but maybe they're trying to pull the guilty party, who may be like Zodiac and gets mad when LE has it wrong or when he is not getting credit, out of the woodwork by asking the public to ID JM. they might be looking for the tipster who says "JM is not the guy, I saw her walk away with __________".
they are so focused on DEMANDING tips from the public. I think they are talking to someone specific.

I would be in agreement with your theory except that (a) I hope they would not so publicly destroy the reputation of a man known to them to be innocent and, related, (b) they'd be opening themselves to a lawsuit if he turns out to be innocent

And illegal....his "acting out" could have killed someone. Having a loved one killed by someone "acting out" is NOT understandable.
Well, yeah. That makes me feel awful for saying that. I'm seriously very, very sorry about your niece. My heart goes out to you and your family.

http://www1.salary.com/Patient-Transporter-Salary.html

According to the above he makes about 25k a year. More than enough to afford a better car IMO. Ive seen servers who make considerably less than that driving nicer vehicles.

My question is what is he spending his money on?

He may have bad credit. Even if you have enough for a down payment you might have trouble getting someone to sell you a car that you have to make pymnts on.

But really, I don't think it's significant. Some people aren't 'car' people. I hate the idea of spending a money on a car, as any car will get me places the same =).. may cars are always messy and rarely clean. I guess I should be embarrassed, but I think as long as it runs a car is a car. IDK anything about JM but I don't think the fact that he could afford a nicer car but doesn't have one is important.

Additionally, we don't know much about his circumstances. Perhaps he helps support other family members like his granny financially, or has other debts for furniture, appliances, credit card debt, etc. We can't presume to know his financial situation.

I think Longo may be going to hard at JM and scaring him away unless the police know something I don't

They probably do. No offense intended. None us here are privy to the information they have access too on a daily basis.

LE is following the hard evidence. In an investigation you follow the crumbs. Those crumbs end with JM because he was the last person seen with HG so he is the main person to look at currently. They are waiting for forensic results from the searches done and those forensics could maybe clear JM or not.
And I've never disagreed that they should be looking at him. My disagreement is him looking suspicious because he had a drink with her,or because he is exercising his rights.

My theory is that LE released the description of the shaved head because they didn't want their suspect to shave his head. They knew early on they were looking for a dude with dreads...but thought it they released that he would change his appearance.

THAT is a very good theory. Nice call. ;)

Whoa. LE never said JM is guilty. They simply said they are "interested" in him.

Exactly. He's a witness that did not come forward willingly, and who is now apparently fleeing.

Is anyone thinking OJ's flight?

yeah, men always tell their wives, buying those drinks at 1:00 am meant nothing.

I just thought that poor 18 yr old looked like she could use another drink. And my hand around her waist was holding her up. And I was protecting her from the real bad guys.

And I was gonna come forward, after I solved the case. I almost had it solved, but I didn't want to tip off the real bad guys.

I was going to call the Tip line when I woke up, really.

"

But you're forgetting that he's a good boy who eats all his greens ...

Exactly. He's a witness that did not come forward willingly, and who is now apparently fleeing.

Is anyone thinking OJ's flight?
There is no evidence to suggest he even knew he was a witness to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell