VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding it hard to believe that we have not seen a bar patron or bartender on TV yet looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I also find this extremely strange. I truly think LE is trying to extract a certain person out of the woodwork and has told all other witnesses to stay quiet to the media.

Is there a way to see if anyone has responded to a question I've asked? I asked a question earlier today then had to leave for several hours and don't know if there's a quick way to see if there were answers.

Yes and particularly in college towns. The only thing I find suggestive is that HG was served, because usually bartenders in college towns are hyper vigilant or there is someone posted at the door to screen for those who are underage or with fake IDs.
It was stated somewhere at one point that JLM had a sibling who worked on or near the downtown mall. It didn't say Tempo, but it does seem likely that if JLM frequented the downtown mall area, he would probably know several bartenders and/or waitresses in the restaurants and bars there.

IIRC, in today's press conference, Longo stated that now they do have footage of HG & JLM together after leaving Tempo. I would have to wonder two things:

1) They are looking for witnesses who may have seen if HG got into the orange coupe willingly, or even while conscious, since the parking place for the coupe was not on any security camera footage.

2) The Tuesday bloodhound search confirmed that HG had been on the downtown mall before the videotapes were released. I never found the source, but I remember hearing that the scent trail ended somewhere around Water Street. Do LE know if the orange coupe was parked where the scent trail ended or not?

Seems like LE is definitely waiting for some DNA analysis to come back to confirm HG's presence either in the car or on JLM's clothing or belongings they seized. Whatever they saw in the car that gave them probably cause to execute a search warrant on the condo and phone must be incriminating, but circumstantial. If it had been blood, for instance, I think JLM would already be behind bars, even without the DNA evidence results yet.

If I remember correctly, only AFTER law enforcement had visited JM's apartment, Longo told us WG had given them a description.

Then, Longo asked citizens to be on the lookout for a black male, 5'10"-5'11", 250-285 pounds, close shaved head, goatee, with a slight 'beer belly' and last wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt.

To me, that description was NOT what JM looked like (or what he was wearing) on the night Hannah Graham disappeared. That description was what JM looked like when he fled the apartment, while police were searching.

I still believe WG gave an accurate description of the person who was last seen on video with Hannah Graham, but the description WE heard (from Longo) described JM at the moment he fled the apartment (after he had shaved his head and, of course, changed his clothing).

This could make sense given that they haven't released the mug shot yet as well. Or is my impression from the press conf that they have a recent one incorrect? Also interesting that NO media images of him have surfaced yet (eg near police station earlier)

If I remember correctly, only AFTER law enforcement had visited JM's apartment, Longo told us WG had given them a description.

Then, Longo asked citizens to be on the lookout for a black male, 5'10"-5'11", 250-285 pounds, close shaved head, goatee, with a slight 'beer belly' and last wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt.

To me, that description was NOT what JM looked like (or what he was wearing) on the night Hannah Graham disappeared. That description was what JM looked like when he fled the apartment, while police were searching.

I still believe WG gave an accurate description of the person who was last seen on video with Hannah Graham, but the description WE heard (from Longo) described JM at the moment he fled the apartment (after he had shaved his head and, of course, changed his clothing).

Respectfully, I don't believe that is correct. The description of a black man with a shaved head was released at least the day before LE showed up at JM's apartment.

Hi, first post.

I've seen some speculation on why LE would give false descriptions and details.

I just wanted to point out that this might be useful in filtering out tips that are bogus. They were probably getting so many of them.

Sorry if someone else has mentioned that already.

It is possible. Unfortunately, it will likely also generate false leads with people trying to place someone who was not there. It is difficult for me to imagine LE intentionally releasing false information about a POI.

You could go to your profile to quickly find it on your history and then read a page or three from there. (This was in response to TTF14 from #671)

I always felt the same way, Otto, and believed I would always tell what I know without a lawyer. Then, I found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc (a law professor lectures a class on why you should never talk to the police). Interesting.

JMO but I think anyone that was last seen with a young woman that suddenly vanishes should have a lawyer.
No matter Innocent or guilty just for your own protection. Im sure he could have found a lawyer day one.
I just think JM is being very evasive and it sure makes me wonder WHY!

I don't know that this matters much to the case, but someone was asking about him being a cab driver. This reporter put it in his article. For whatever that's worth. Also this reporter used to work at the hook, which was the place that published the article about the taxi driver. Not saying it's correct, but just sharing.

"This press conference marked Longo's first mention of the 32-year-old, a lifelong Charlottesville resident and former taxi driver."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...12915.28623.100004276931535&type=1&permPage=1

I don't know if that's what he means or not. Because I personally didn't know his name until LE told us after the SW's and stuff. He keeps saying people knew his name before they even told them. He keeps emphasizing that. I mean I saw the guy in the video but I didn't know his name.
So you're saying someone saw him in the footage and said what his name was? That still doesn't explain why they gave a description of what he used to look like vs what he looks like now. It's all so strange the way they are going about solving this case. But what I do know is when they do press conferences Chief Longo is talking to someone maybe JM, maybe someone we don't even know, but he is trying to get a reaction from someone. Maybe that's the only tactic that he think may work in this case since JM runs away all the time.

While I was Chilling out I went back and found the earliest article posted here where he's all but ID'ed by longo. He even eludes to his name being out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arch-car-apartment-complex.html#ixzz3DnABv0F3
Published: 10:05 EST, 19 September 2014 | Updated: 04:28 EST, 20 September 2014

We know who person of interest is,’ Longo said. ‘My suspicion is others know his name. ‘

Police are not publicly identifying him at this time, Longo said, because he has not been arrested or charged with any crime.

I know Nancy Grace covered this case last week (I missed it). Does anyone know if any other programs are planning to feature the story in the next few days? I'd be really curious to hear commentary from former detectives/DA's/etc who could give insight into the case (Longo's demeanor/rationale, JM's legal options, the evidence we have so far...)

I would be in agreement with your theory except that (a) I hope they would not so publicly destroy the reputation of a man known to them to be innocent and, related, (b) they'd be opening themselves to a lawsuit if he turns out to be innocent

true, but something is up with the PC's. they are going for something really specific and I'm not sure it's face value (witnesses of JM with HG).

I think it's either really specific or they really have no idea. Can't make up my mind which!

JMO but I think anyone that was last seen with a young woman that suddenly vanishes should have a lawyer.
No matter Innocent or guilty just for your own protection. Im sure he could have found a lawyer day one.
I just think JM is being very evasive and it sure makes me wonder WHY!

Prior to the video surveillance information being retrieved and reviewed, the last people to see Hannah were with her at a party. How many of those people demanded a lawyer prior to providing all the information they had about Hannah? I suspect that none of them needed a lawyer before speaking with police.

I've seen this a couple of times. Where has anyone gotten information that he has shaved his head since? If so, I think this would be telling of something but for all I've seen, he's still roaming around with dreadlocks. Is this speculation or have people seen him with a shaved head since this occurred?

I've seen this a couple of times. Where has anyone gotten information that he has shaved his head since? If so, I think this would be telling of something but for all I've seen, he's still roaming around with dreadlocks. Is this speculation or have people seen him with a shaved head since this occurred?

AS far as I know, speculation only.

I too am curious about the bartender. Interesting that they did not come forward, that we know of. I might speculate that this person, if they later became aware that they served HG, was not terribly eager to admit to having served a missing 18 year old.

I would think that they were already interviewed by LE. Every person,imo, who made contact with either of these two on video tape or inside of stores/restaurants/bars/gas stations where our POI might have been that night/morning has been or will be interviewed.

While I was Chilling out I went back and found the earliest article posted here where he's all but ID'ed by longo. He even eludes to his name being out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arch-car-apartment-complex.html#ixzz3DnABv0F3
Published: 10:05 EST, 19 September 2014 | Updated: 04:28 EST, 20 September 2014

We know who person of interest is,’ Longo said. ‘My suspicion is others know his name. ‘

Police are not publicly identifying him at this time, Longo said, because he has not been arrested or charged with any crime.

See he was SEEN on video. So yes others know his name.
when they searched his car and apt the ppl that live there knew whos house it was and whos car was searched.
But LE did not reveal his name.

Did they want his name to get out? YES!
Why?
They want to know if anyone saw him with Hannah.
Since he wont answer these questions himself they need the public to fill in the missing pieces!
JMO

It was stated somewhere at one point that JLM had a sibling who worked on or near the downtown mall. It didn't say Tempo, but it does seem likely that if JLM frequented the downtown mall area, he would probably know several bartenders and/or waitresses in the restaurants and bars there.

IIRC, in today's press conference, Longo stated that now they do have footage of HG & JLM together after leaving Tempo. I would have to wonder two things:

1) They are looking for witnesses who may have seen if HG got into the orange coupe willingly, or even while conscious, since the parking place for the coupe was not on any security camera footage.

2) The Tuesday bloodhound search confirmed that HG had been on the downtown mall before the videotapes were released. I never found the source, but I remember hearing that the scent trail ended somewhere around Water Street. Do LE know if the orange coupe was parked where the scent trail ended or not?

Seems like LE is definitely waiting for some DNA analysis to come back to confirm HG's presence either in the car or on JLM's clothing or belongings they seized. Whatever they saw in the car that gave them probably cause to execute a search warrant on the condo and phone must be incriminating, but circumstantial. If it had been blood, for instance, I think JLM would already be behind bars, even without the DNA evidence results yet.

Couldn't agree more with everything a you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58