VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no significance provided by LE, they have not said the cases are related. However, the shirt worn by Morgan Harrington was found placed so as to be found easily on a bush in an area (near UVA campus housing, IIRC) close to the area where Hannah was walking. "Close" being relative, you can check google maps to judge for yourself if it was close.

I am new to this case. What is the significance to the shirt found from the other missing girl?

I am new to this case. What is the significance to the shirt found from the other missing girl?

Nothing really. Five young girls have gone missing in five years. One victim was found in a remote location, but her shirt was found .5 miles North of where Hannah currently lives.

I haven't kept up with every page--it moves too fast. But I did watch the press conference.

I started lurking on this site 3 years ago when Lauren Spierer disappeared off the face of the earth. Watching Hannah's parents at the PC, I had a terrible feeling of deja vu--I remember Lauren's mother and father standing at the podium delivering a similar statement, including these words: someone knows something. It is truly heartbreaking what these parents (the Grahams, the Spierers, and countless others) go through. I so hope that there will be a fast resolution to this case. I would hate to see Hannah's parents/family/friends still in this devastated place years from now. My heart goes out to them in their heartbreak over their lost daughter. :( (And to the Spierers, who still do not know what happened to Lauren.)

I posted this earlier but never got an answer. It seems to me that we really don't know what's truly in LE's head...what their true leaning is. If someone could answer this question, it certainly would put us in the mind of LE's current leanings.....

Can anyone post where the searches are? The one thing I saw from a student who participated in the search said that it was on the edge of campus and that doesn't seem to line up with this guys being the guy. I think this will be a huge indication of whether police think as of now, whether they think she actually went to the POI's apartment.
1. Searches in the area of his apartment = they think it might be him and he took her to his apartment
2. Searches by the mall or between the mall and the party = they think she may not actually have left with him
3. Searches somewhere else = they have reason to think he (or someone) took her by car elsewhere
4. Searches all over = they might not have a real indication of any of the above.

All of the above. Because Hannah was all over the place that night, they still need to see if she is on video anywhere after the bar. But they have evidence that she was spotted with POI after the bar. Evidence could be in any of those above locations. They want the public to check their properties, as well.

I would say that, if a person enters a restaurant/pub/bar (Tango) with someone, it isn't really surprising that that person leaves the restaurant with the same person. The question is, what happens after they leave. It seems that no one has information about them, together, after exiting Tango. Is that correct?

You definitely need a lawyer if you are a named POI in a major missing persons case like this. You would be utterly foolish not to get a lawyer as soon as you were named by LE or media in any way.

JM would not be a person of interest if he had come forward immediately and provided police with all the information he had about Hannah on the night she disappeared - providing that information was legitimate and could be verified.

I think it's either really specific or they really have no idea. Can't make up my mind which!

If you were the person who made her vanish, and maybe the person who assaulted 3 other people that weekend, and you're at home and LHM is getting the "attention" and "credit" for HG's disappearance, how would the PC's affect you?
it's a lot of pressure for the public to tip off LE about LHM. if it's not LHM and it's you and they're focusing SO intently on LHM, how do you feel? are you tempted to call them and provide a tip, or are you glad they are focussing on the wrong person?
when the parents speak and talk about HG's grandparents and her bunny, how do you feel? If you're a psychopath you don't feel anything. or do you?

Sure, but if a crime *was* committed, is there a similar law, is what I was getting at. Sorry if I was unclear :)

Yes, he can be charged with obstruction of justice. If any of his friends were complicit in any way to a crime committed, they can likewise be charged.

I just hope that tomorrow is the day Hannah is found. Her parents deserve to know where she is. I pray for them.

i was hoping someone would tell about a show I'd never heard of that featured "serious, educated discussions". Shucks.

All of the above. Because Hannah was all over the place that night, they still need to see if she is on video anywhere after the bar. But they have evidence that she was spotted with POI after the bar. Evidence could be in any of those above locations. They want the public to check their properties, as well.

Tempo.

JM would not be a person of interest if he had come forward immediately and provided police with all the information he had about Hannah on the night she disappeared - providing that information was legitimate and could be verified.

He is not a POI because he did not come forward. He is a POI because he is the last known person to be with her.

Question: What would everyone's position on this case be right now if LM came out and said, "Ok, I did give her a ride, but I dropped her off at the corner of blah, blah."

If you knew for a fact she did ride in the car, would that change your opinion? Would it matter? Remember Natalee Holloway...they saw her ride off in the car with Joran Vandersloot...but they never had anything to arrest him on. He said he left her at the beach. End of story....

I posted this earlier but never got an answer. It seems to me that we really don't know what's truly in LE's head...what their true leaning is. If someone could answer this question, it certainly would put us in the mind of LE's current leanings.....

Can anyone post where the searches are? The one thing I saw from a student who participated in the search said that it was on the edge of campus and that doesn't seem to line up with this guys being the guy. I think this will be a huge indication of whether police think as of now, whether they think she actually went to the POI's apartment.
1. Searches in the area of his apartment = they think it might be him and he took her to his apartment
2. Searches by the mall or between the mall and the party = they think she may not actually have left with him
3. Searches somewhere else = they have reason to think he (or someone) took her by car elsewhere
4. Searches all over = they might not have a real indication of any of the above.

Police have said that at this time, they have searched 80% of Charlottesville. They will used trained search and rescue people to search the last 20%.

Exactly. All of this could have been completely avoided, and no one would really even know his name by now.

4(b). Searches all over = they have his phone ping records and his car has been all over the place since being the last person seen with Hannah.

I haven't kept up with every page--it moves too fast. But I did watch the press conference.

I started lurking on this site 3 years ago when Lauren Spierer disappeared off the face of the earth. Watching Hannah's parents at the PC, I had a terrible feeling of deja vu--I remember Lauren's mother and father standing at the podium delivering a similar statement, including these words: someone knows something. It is truly heartbreaking what these parents (the Grahams, the Spierers, and countless others) go through. I so hope that there will be a fast resolution to this case. I would hate to see Hannah's parents/family/friends still in this devastated place years from now. My heart goes out to them in their heartbreak over their lost daughter. :( (And to the Spierers, who still do not know what happened to Lauren.)

right - someone knows something. so if you are the one who knows, because you have her in your basement or you assaulted her on the street, does that statement compel you to say anything? Does it enlarge the ego of a psychopath to be the one who knows something and says something?

Question: What would everyone's position on this case be right now if LM came out and said, "Ok, I did give her a ride, but I dropped her off at the corner of blah, blah."

If you knew for a fact she did ride in the car, would that change your opinion? Would it matter? Remember Natalee Holloway...they saw her ride off in the car with Joran Vandersloot...but they never had anything to arrest him on. He said he left her at the beach. End of story....

Yes it would sway me (as I am on the fence right now). Currently, she was last seen in a public place with JM. That isn't suspicious to me. But if she was with him privately and also disappeared, that is suspicious.

I still for the life of me don't understand how the first warrant they got was to sieze his car. Not to search his apartment but just to sieze his car. And during that seizure all of a sudden they had found something that amounted to probable cause in order to search his apartment.

So what could they have possibly seen in his car that allows for a warrant for his home, but not for his arrest?

I don't get it!:scared::shame::thinking::tantrum:

I'm guessing the car was because he was the last person she'd been seen with, they saw them leave Tempo together, and although he got in the car, she wasn't seen after (yet had been spotted on cameras in other places for a length of time prior) that that was enough to convince the judge to give them a warrant to search the car for evidence if she had been in there.

And I'm guessing at some point searching the car they found something that was iffy or not definitive, yet enough of a possibility it needed to be investigated further.

A hair perhaps - that didn't fit with CM or anyone known to have cause to be in his car (roommates or family members, perhaps) - that maybe appeared, in length or colour or whatever, to possibly belong to Hannah. Or something fiber wise from clothing that could have fit with what she was last seen in.

Since we don't know at what time they went for the home and phone warrants (but that it was at least some time after midnight, since they didn't even go to execute it after midnight - and before 10 am, when they returned with the warrants) yet know it was probably an 8-ish hour time window they really even had between the two events, so they could easily have had something that was a possibility of being related, yet not have results from processing it.

If they didn't have DNA back showing a hair (for instance) was definitively inclusive or exclusive of Hannah or results from a fiber or such that could have already been confirmed to have been from what she was wearing, I don't find it surprising they could get a warrant for his home (and phone) and yet also not be able to make an arrest.

If they found something that was possibly related, in the vehicle of the person a missing teen was last seen with, I'd not be shocked a judge would let them search the home to see if there was additional evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487