VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they release a description at all? They could have just said they cleared WG..

My theory is that LE released the description of the shaved head because they didn't want their suspect to shave his head. They knew early on they were looking for a dude with dreads...but thought it they released that he would change his appearance.

Prior to the video surveillance information being retrieved and reviewed, the last people to see Hannah were with her at a party. How many of those people demanded a lawyer prior to providing all the information they had about Hannah? I suspect that none of them needed a lawyer before speaking with police.

This. You don't need a lawyer if you didn't do anything wrong.
LE just wants the person responsible for her disappearance (if someone is responsible), they aren't looking to hang this on just anybody.

Prior to the video surveillance information being retrieved and reviewed, the last people to see Hannah were with her at a party. How many of those people demanded a lawyer prior to providing all the information they had about Hannah? I suspect that none of them needed a lawyer before speaking with police.

Respectfully, none of those people has been identified as a POI in a missing person's case where they are alleged to be the last person to see the missing young woman. Ideally, of course, anyone with information comes forward to speak with police. Whether they come forward with legal representation should be a matter of choice that does not speak to presumed guilt.

Okayyyy... I am way behind... But I have to ask this one question...

sorry if it has been addressed ad nauseum...

But... Could those wonderful WSers that have been in sports and/or worked with JM let us know if his car has had such damage prior to this past weekend?

was his car known for having this damage?...

Or... Is this something new?...

or.... ???

TIA...:seeya:

Carry on! :sunshine:

I too am curious about the bartender. Interesting that they did not come forward, that we know of. I might speculate that this person, if they later became aware that they served HG, was not terribly eager to admit to having served a missing 18 year old.

Me, too...especially since locals have indicated that it is a small, intimate, relatively quiet, upscale place with just a handful of tables. 6' tall strawberry blonde girl in a shiny top with 275# BDLG in his white shorts and shirt are not patrons that would be easily forgotten by staff or other patrons.
Then, again, perhaps they have already talked with police and have been instructed to keep quiet...and actually are.

This is moving so fast! I hope someone can answer - please forgive me if it already has been:

In the UK a person can be arrested, charged, and prosecuted for obstruction of justice. E.g. if they willingly and/or knowingly withhold information relevant to the investigation of a crime by the Police. This can include covering up after the fact, having direct knowledge of guilt, disposing of evidence, etc.

Does the US - or VA - have a similar law?

But... Could those wonderful WSers that have been in sports and/or worked with JM let us know if his car has had such damage prior to this past weekend?

or.... ???

The poster who knows him says the damage is old.

I am new to this case. What is the significance to the shirt found from the other missing girl?

I've seen this a couple of times. Where has anyone gotten information that he has shaved his head since? If so, I think this would be telling of something but for all I've seen, he's still roaming around with dreadlocks. Is this speculation or have people seen him with a shaved head since this occurred?
I don't know if he has shaved his head, but LE's description of the Bald POI w/black pants was made prior to getting the warrant and entering JL's house. See, this is how rumor gets started. Someone will pick this up and run with it making things more confusing than they already are.

or.... ???

Someone that seems to know the JM through coaching activities stated that the damage to the vehicle is not new.

I know Nancy Grace covered this case last week (I missed it). Does anyone know if any other programs are planning to feature the story in the next few days? I'd be really curious to hear commentary from former detectives/DA's/etc who could give insight into the case (Longo's demeanor/rationale, JM's legal options, the evidence we have so far...)

Jmo the Headline News Channel will likely have it on all shows. But their "experts" are mostly blowhards, Imo, just trying to stir things up. Well, most of the shows are like that, really. I don't know of any to find serious, educated discussions. Kind of a shame and Jmo.

This. You don't need a lawyer if you didn't do anything wrong.
LE just wants the person responsible for her disappearance (if someone is responsible), they aren't looking to hang this on just anybody.
You definitely need a lawyer if you are a named POI in a major missing persons case like this. You would be utterly foolish not to get a lawyer as soon as you were named by LE or media in any way.

or.... ???

According to folks familiar with the car who have been posting on Parker Slaybaugh's FB page, it has been like this for a while.

I posted this earlier but never got an answer. It seems to me that we really don't know what's truly in LE's head...what their true leaning is. If someone could answer this question, it certainly would put us in the mind of LE's current leanings.....

Can anyone post where the searches are? The one thing I saw from a student who participated in the search said that it was on the edge of campus and that doesn't seem to line up with this guys being the guy. I think this will be a huge indication of whether police think as of now, whether they think she actually went to the POI's apartment.
1. Searches in the area of his apartment = they think it might be him and he took her to his apartment
2. Searches by the mall or between the mall and the party = they think she may not actually have left with him
3. Searches somewhere else = they have reason to think he (or someone) took her by car elsewhere
4. Searches all over = they might not have a real indication of any of the above.

This is moving so fast! I hope someone can answer - please forgive me if it already has been:

In the UK a person can be arrested, charged, and prosecuted for obstruction of justice. E.g. if they willingly and/or knowingly withhold information relevant to the investigation of a crime by the Police. This can include covering up after the fact, having direct knowledge of guilt, disposing of evidence, etc.

First, they need to know that a crime was committed.

Has anyone blown up and sharpened the photos of his car released by LE?

In one of them there appears to a pile of stuff like clothes or blankets in the back. Or it could just be a reflection- I'm having a hard time telling.

I'm not an attorney, but we have a similar concept. That said, no one can be compelled to offer testimony that may incriminate him or herself and everyone has a right to legal representation.

It is possible. Unfortunately, it will likely also generate false leads with people trying to place someone who was not there. It is difficult for me to imagine LE intentionally releasing false information about a POI.

Well, the WG's description had to have been deliberate. Either that or WG was lying, which I think is equally possible. I can't believe that someone who could spot a "distressed" female from some metres away could mistake a man with a big dreadlock hairdo (half-up?) for a man with a shaved head. He was walking right behind him for at least a couple of minutes.

But their cars had not been taken,their homes searched and LE was not on TV talking about how he was "known to police" etc...not exactly the same thing, Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo