VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be mistaken, but I thought the stated that white guy followed her and he said a black male with a shaved head and goatee put his arm around her. They seemed to know one another. THEN...I could have sworn I heard that WG said they parted then JM was seen with her. In other words, white guy saw two black males. Closed shaven and then JM. Did anyone else hear it this way, or am I imagining this?????

The fraternities and sororities are located on and around Rugby Road, for the most part. Hannah's comings and goings that night are not in that section, but near Preston Ave. and the downtown area, which would be northeast and east of Rugby Road. Her apartment and the party she attended are on the borderline of where university students living off campus ends and the hospital and downtown area begins. In the '90s, it wasn't considered a "safe" area to be in, once you'd left the businesses on The Corner.

Thank you for the info.

I have read an awful lot of excuses for why this 32 year old man is doing everything he can to avoid providing information about his interactions with a young girl that went missing on the night he befriended her. Now, he doesn't read the newspapers, doesn't see newspapers, doesn't turn on the radio, doesn't turn on the TV and is simply able to completely avoid all news in this technology crazy world where news comes through loud and clear through nearly every electronic device we own.

Life isn't black and white. I know plenty of people who do not keep up with the news. It isn't even uncommon.

Has anyone seen any information as to what JM liked to do in his free time? Has he lived there his whole life? What are his hobbies?

You read my mind. I was just going to post, what does this guy eat for breakfast?!

Can someone please bump his fb link, TIA.

I may be mistaken, but I thought thet stated that white guy followed her and he say a black males with a shaved head and goatee put his arm around her. They seemed to know one another. THEN...I could have sworn I heard that WG said they parted then JM was seen with her. In other words, white guy saw two black males. Closed shaven and then JM. Did anyone else hear it this way, or am I imagining this?????

I am still not exactly clear on what WG said and his timeline.

If she continued east toward the river, she would enter an area that looks like an industrial park, with warehouses and such. The surveillance cameras there probably don't have enough range to show somebody walking by on the street.

Why wouldn't she return to the main mall and continue walking in the direction she was headed prior to meeting JM?

I may be mistaken, but I thought thet stated that white guy followed her and he say a black males with a shaved head and goatee put his arm around her. They seemed to know one another. THEN...I could have sworn I heard that WG said they parted then JM was seen with her. In other words, white guy saw two black males. Closed shaven and then JM. Did anyone else hear it this way, or am I imagining this?????

He did say that. I think the police are insinuating the description was wrong, however, and WG saw LM. it's been brought up there could be two different black males- police have not suggested that though

When LE announced they were looking for black man, short hair, goatee that would have been the opportunity for JM to come forward and say something. At that point, if he didn't do anything to compromise Hannah's well being, he could have told them he saw her. But he opted to say nothing.

Interesting question that I don't know answer to even though I went there. Would say no--but isn't pres house on rugby rd? Doubtful on cameras in the houses though

What is considered enough evidence for probable cause? What would be the minimum about LMs car they'd need to find in order for warrants?

As far as I know, that would be up to the discretion of a judge. LE would request a warrant and list their reasons, and a Judge would have to agree.

I wonder if LE found Hannah's fingerprints in the car. Would Hannah have been finger printed for her passport/visa/immigration or because her father works in government?

They may have been able to process that rather quickly.

Thank you to all the thoughtful posters on Hannah's thread. I have not been able to follow as close as I sometimes do in other missing cases and respect most everyones genuine and thought provoking contributions.

jmo

My point is if this guy did in fact part ways with her....did he not go anywhere else....why doesn't he come forward and say, "Hey, go check the video at the quick trip, I was there alone." Why doesn't he try to round up an alibi...like, "hey ask my neighbors, maybe one of them saw me walk in alone at 1:30?" I would be out there beating down the bushes myself trying to find any video or person who may have seen me alone in order to clear MYSELF!! But that is just me!!!
The potential reasons for him not coming forward have been discussed hundreds of times here. We obviously all have our own perspective on how we would behave in this situation.

When LE announced they were looking for black man, short hair, goatee that would have been the opportunity for JM to come forward and say something. At that point, if he didn't do anything to compromise Hannah's well being, he could have told them he saw her. But he opted to say nothing.

We have no idea he even knew about a missing persons case that he was involved in.

What is considered enough evidence for probable cause? What would be the minimum about LMs car they'd need to find in order for warrants?
I'm not sure of the answer, Carieldf, but it's a darn good question, one that's been bugging me for a couple of days. One statement echoes in my head. Longo said on Friday, to paraphrase, most of us can imagine what kinds of things a law enforcement agency would look for in this type of case, and we would probably be right. I have to admit, that scares me. On the other hand, I honestly believe we all have to keep an open mind until the facts come to light.

JMO

I think we are all just trying to consider all possibilities and variables. Until there is definitive proof of a crime which implicates the POI we can only speculate, and that speculation may run in many different directions.

But if he is such a moral person surely he would want to help find Hannah and help the investigation?

Who knows what his past experiences have been? I once voluntarily took a lie detector test at the police department, told the absolute truth and was informed that I failed. Luckily, it was work related and not criminal. However, under NO circumstances would I ever consider taking a lie detector test again. Plenty of people think you must have something to hide if you won't agree to take a polygraph. I know better now. I respect LE, but I know what happens if they believe someone is guilty. I am not saying JM is or isn't guilty - I just want to keep an open mind.

I wonder if LE found Hannah's fingerprints in the car. Would Hannah have been finger printed for her passport/visa/immigration or because her father works in government?

Thank you to all the thoughtful posters on Hannah's thread. I have not been able to follow as close as I sometimes do in other missing cases and respect most everyones genuine and thought provoking contributions.

jmo
<rbbm>

This is what's been on my mind.

jmo

If they didn't have anything on file for these purposes they could probably lift prints off of personal items.

Life isn't black and white. I know plenty of people who do not keep up with the news. It isn't even uncommon.

I can tell you what goes on nationally and internationally, but I don't have a clue what is going on locally....don't watch local news or read local papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove