VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They still don't have enough to detain him on Hannah's disappearance if I have understood everything correctly. What I questioned earlier was why they didn't just take him in for questioning when they got the search warrant for his car. They said they spoke with JM at that time. Questioning at police headquarters might have resulted in a lot more information. (It might not have, either.) I just have wondered why they didn't try.

You cannot take someone to the station without an arrest of the suspect or poi would have to volunteer to go to the station.

11:50PM Hannah left a party on 14th St Northwest.

11:49-12:45 No one knows where she was.

12:46 She was seen at McGrady's.

If she had left at 11:50 and walked to McGrady's she would have arrived around 12am and would have entered the view of the camera on the left side of the screen.

Somehow, someway she ended up on the opposite side of McGrady's.

hg.png

mcgs.png

[video=youtube;EbceiUIHkbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbceiUIHkbQ[/video]

However she certainly arrived at 12:46 from the right side of the screen, walking up Preston (which turns into Grady). She is stumbling.

She walks up and peeks inside the patio area. She then walks towards the door and proceeds to stumble off of the sidewalk. She is visibly inebriated. In physical distress.

She then proceeds to walk back the way she came on Preston, towards the downtown mall.

She would have had to walk completely out of the way through neighborhoods and side streets in order to reach Preston and arrive at McGrady's.

But a whole hour passed and no one has a clue what she was doing in that time. All we know is she arrived at Mcgrady's, got turned away, and then sprinted down Preston street and eventually slowed back down to a walk right in front of the Shell station.

I want to know where the heck was she for that hour? Did she stop by someone else's house and did they server her more booze? Perhaps those people are afraid to come forward?

Did she run down to the mall on some other street and and then run back up Preston?

Did she meet up with ANYONE?

Or are we to believe she was wandering around her neighborhood for an hour, alone, and not one person noticed a thin,pretty, 6 foot tall girl in tight pants and a crop top?

I want to know why she did not use google maps to get around if she was lost

We don't really know if she had her phone. She may have. But, its missing and she is missing. They could be together, could not be together. I'm still really confused about that text myself.

They still don't have enough to detain him on Hannah's disappearance if I have understood everything correctly. What I questioned earlier was why they didn't just take him in for questioning when they got the search warrant for his car. They said they spoke with JM at that time. Questioning at police headquarters might have resulted in a lot more information. (It might not have, either.) I just have wondered why they didn't try.

JMHO...LE probably did say something like, "We'd like to speak to you down at the station." Which JM maybe promptly replied with, "Am I under arrest?" Or "Am I being detained?" And then he bolted. You have to agree to speak with LE. They can't force you.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe they asked if would come in to the station when they served the warrants, and he said no, that he had no info to give them. And went on his way. But it still baffles me that they can get warrants for a person's car and home yet still not be able to have authority to bring him in for questioning.

We don't really know if she had her phone. She may have. But, its missing and she is missing. They could be together, could not be together. I'm still really confused about that text myself.

we know she had her phone, she texted her friends many times during the night

The scene at the police station yesterday must have been a farce of epic proportions. What is the first thing the police said to JM? "Um, can I help you?" "Down on the ground, now!" Or was there just disbelieving silence?

Which of his cohorts counseled him that lawyers were readily available down at the cop shop? "I seen it on TV! You go there, they ask you a question, and you say you want a lawyer. Dude, THEY GOT TO GET YOU A LAWYER!"
Saturday afternoon in Albemarle County, all the successful lawyers are playing golf at Farmington and discussing ways of inflating billable hours. The not so successful are at home mowing the lawn and ruminating on how to inflate billable hours.
So what did the cops do? Hand him the Yellow Pages? Did someone pull a dog eared lawyer's card from somewhere in their wallet and hand it to JM?

If it weren't so tragic, it would be better than a play.

LE isn't going to be that blatant unless they are confident they have their man. Evidence breeds confidence, IMO.

Today, Longo made it pretty clear that he thinks JM murdered Hannah and said he hopes to get forensic back against him. After that, I would run as fast and far from LE as possible. Guilty or not. Jmo

Today's presser was so unusual. I don't think I've ever seen a Chief call out a POI by name so many times. Jesse Matthew, you were the last person to see Hannah alive before she dropped off the face of the earth!

Longo either has very good reason to believe (and he repeated "believe" over and over) JM did something, or he has no idea at all.

The scene at the police station yesterday must have been a farce of epic proportions. What is the first thing the police said to JM? "Um, can I help you?" "Down on the ground, now!" Or was there just disbelieving silence?

Which of his cohorts counseled him that lawyers were readily available down at the cop shop? "I seen it on TV! You go there, they ask you a question, and you say you want a lawyer. Dude, THEY GOT TO GET YOU A LAWYER!"
Saturday afternoon in Albemarle County, all the successful lawyers are playing golf at Farmington and discussing ways of inflating billable hours. The not so successful are at home mowing the law and ruminating on how to inflate billable hours.
So what did the cops do? Hand him the Yellow Pages? Did someone pull a dog eared lawyer's card from somewhere in their wallet and hand it to JM?

If it weren't so tragic, it would be better than a play.

Plenty of high profile lawyers would love to defend him. they live for the fame and the money that comes with being a well known lawyer.

we know she had her phone, she texted her friends many times during the night

Right, but at what point did she have her phone? And at what point may she not have had it? And who did the texting? That has all been speculated about.

I was watching the McGrady Security Camera video again.

Hannah actually comes in from the direction she should be headed, if she was trying to go to the university, which is really sad. She somehow went the wrong way after the party, and was finally heading the correct way home.
Considering the length of time that passes between leaving the party and being filmed here, finally heading the right direction, she seems to have spent 40+ minutes already walking around trying to get properly oriented.

She then goes off camera for about 2 minutes. And you can see that group of three guys clearly watching her. A guy in a black shirt leans way forward and his *advertiser censored* is hovering off the seat as he strains forward and crooks his head to watch, another guy is holding his arm out and points a couple times with his finger. Is he providing her with directions?

She comes back into the frame way at the bottom, and I believe she walks through a narrow sidewalk and down some concrete steps between the outdoor patio garden and the building, She is now going the wrong way, which is when she shows up on the Shell Video etc.

So, I have to wonder, had she walked passed the Shell already? Why was she coming from that direction?

I could be crazy, but if you keep watching, I then think way in the distance she crosses that divided street. And I think she talks to a car that pulls over!

When I looked at the maps again, It seems like it is possible that when she left the party she took could have taken quite a few wrong turns and ended up on a number of streets that have a seemingly familiar name, but continue to take her the wrong way, because their name changes. Look how many Rugby's there are.

Also after looking at McGradys on Google Maps street view, I'm not even sure she was stumbling from being really inebriated If you look at how high that patio is, and how crazy steep the mound is that it is on and how the sidewalks drop off to the road, it seems like it would be peculiar for everybody to walk on, especially if it is not well lit.

I think she ventures off camera for so long because she is walking down to look at street signs, and they are pointing out her behavior to each other.

I know it has also been mentioned by so many people that, one guy from the group then gets up and walks off the patio.

But nobody has mentioned that in this video that she is initially heading the correct way to go home.

Did anybody else think this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy43pVr2Ixw#t=26

As per my most recent post I just compiled YES! I think this too!

You cannot take someone to the station without an arrest of the suspect or poi would have to volunteer to go to the station.

That seems to be debatable. When I asked the question earlier, I was told that police can take you in for questioning without an arrest warrant.

Of course, I was aware that it happens all the time around here, I just didn't know if it was legal to do that in Virginia.

Anyone else know for sure?

Right, but at what point did she have her phone? And at what point may she not have had it? And who did the texting? That has all been speculated about.

right but about 5 minutes after I get lost some where I pull out my gps on my phone . She was wondering around for a couple of hours , why not pull out the phone within 5 minutes or half hour or whatever ?

So am I right to speculate that LE most likely have footage of that car leaving or driving by after they are seen together, but not from the exact location it was parked? Maybe footage from a bank or something, sometime between 1:20 and 1:40am?

I think they have footage of the car somewhere but they do not see anyone in the car , So what they are looking for is someone who saw her or him get in the car.

Since we know people noticed her where ever she went and everyone left the bar in those 20 minutes ,I think they expect to have someone come forward.

We also know she turned down a ride from someone she knew ,which could be the guy she said was stalking her on her twitter for all we know. I find it unlikey she would of got into a strangers car.

That seems to be debatable. When I asked the question earlier, I was told that police can take you in for questioning without an arrest warrant.

Of course, I was aware that it happens all the time around here, I just didn't know if it was legal to do that in Virginia.

Anyone else know for sure?

the fourth amendment protects you from illegal search and seizure. You do not have to go to the police in any state without being arrested and you do not have to talk to them at anytime

https://www.aclu.org/drug-law-refor...acial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you

right but about 5 minutes after I get lost some where I pull out my gps on my phone . She was wondering around for a couple of hours , why not pull out the phone within 5 minutes or half hour or whatever ?

Again, we still aren't sure when she had her phone, if she lost it, if a perp was using her phone to text, etc. We have speculated about this a lot, and I don't think we have the answers yet. We really don't even know she was really lost. That has been speculated as well. Did she lie and say she was lost, did someone else say she was lost, was she really lost? All unanswered unfortunately.

There is a level of drunk where navigating a smart phone is nearly impossible. Usually you ask the bartender or good friend to call you a cab. Also the posibility of delierum caused by a date rape drug, or smoking K2 (spice)/high end pot thats all over college bars and people look the other way.

Also, the reckless driving charges are less "he did it" and more of a slap for not coming forward sooner. Did he drive his car out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon