VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His car had that damage way before last Friday night. He's been driving it that way for as long as I've known him.

perhaps the reason he entered the police station was to ask for protection from persons unknown
Police couldn't provide this for some reason

I think the damage to the car is recent. someone ran him off the road? driving fast over rough terrain? bad driving in general?

just thinking aloud,jmo

I've never heard of someone going to a police station to ask for a lawyer. There has to be more to that.

I have.

He obviously can't afford a lawyer so he asked to have a court appointed lawyer and I'm guessing that is who he spoke with. Some people would love to just 'go get a lawyer' but lawyers don't work unless you pay them.

Everyone that is ever interviewed by police should request a lawyer, whether guilty or innocent. There are so many cases where innocent people confessed to crimes they did not commit, or had their words twisted, and ended up in jail for a very long time.

He probably spoke to a public defender who told him that since he is not charged with any crime that he should just keep his mouth shut. That is what any good lawyer would say, no doubt about it.

And even if he was charged the lawyer would still tell him not to speak.

Longo didn't say JLM went to the police station to ask for a lawyer. He said JLM came in with a family member. IMO he was coming in to interview as requested, but asked for the lawyer before agreeing to talk to them.

I agree - maybe when they turned on the video camera and asked him to affirm that he was speaking with them willingly and agreeing not to have a lawyer present, he started rethink his decision. It would make me rethink!

I believe his DNA would only be on file for certain felonies.
Well, he went to the PD, but to tell you the truth, I'm not sure why. He didn't go there to tell them whatever he knows about HG. He went there, lawyered up, and left.
Maybe he's on your final scenario right now...who knows. His behavior, and this whole case for that matter, doesn't seem very "routine".

Every smart person knows not to talk to LE without A lawyer. It seems very routine to me,he went and ask for a lawyer to be present and was advised him not to talk. The lawyer knows that they searched his home,and seized his car and they are building a case so at this point his he needs to start defending him self.Innocent or not that is what the advice would have been .

Did Longo give a shoutout to Websleuths when he said he wanted to tell of the arrest warrants himself and not have people searching records? lol

I wonder if we will start seeing a lot of leaks or rumors from "unknown" sources to the press?

He (Longo) wants to find Hannah. Uncovering evidence of Hannah being somewhere or with someone after 1:20 am on the 13th will further that goal. That is favorable. That is why he wants the forensics to come back with something that can prove Hannah was in that car and/or that apartment. I don't think he necessarily meant he wanted the evidence in order to prove JM guilty of murder. He needs solid evidence to move the case forward, from whatever source it comes. He is begging the public for it...JMO

Thank you!!!

i think the way LE kept repeating his name in the press conf. saying jm was the last person to be seen with her before she fell off the face of the earth..was to make it very clear..he was not saying he is a suspect..just the last person to be seen with her. And also saying his name was not given out by LE until it was already out there...LE is covering all their bases in case he is innocent. and also if JM is innocent..what more could he tell the police that he hasn't already. He says he walked out of restaurant with her and they went diff ways. If he is innocent he wouldn't know anymore to tell police.

BBM. The police know that they left together. They confirmed that in the presser and I believe they said they have video of them after the Tempo together that hasn't been released yet. (Might be wrong there but think the detective said that)

But I don't think you have enough information to say he has blown it. People react differently to different situations, in some circumstances acting friendly is the right way to go and in others being confrontational is the correct move. We don't know or have near enough information to make even an educated guess as to how CPD is playing their cards... or even what their cards are.

We know they got warrants for his car and apartment before even talking to him, and in the presser after that they were already talking aggressively. That to me is blowing it. They have alienated their POI more than a POI may already be alienated. And now look where we are. IMO that is where it started.

JM is a model friend and family member. Everyone hold him in high regards. He is a man of the bible. Serial killers also are in cases model citizens and church going and loved by the community but hold dark secrets. That is why they get away with their crimes for so long.

The pictures of the car, back, passenger side and passenger front. Was the damage recent? Are the wires hanging part of the headlight? If the headlight was out, certainly he would have received a citation? Anyone remember the google map of the car shared when the address popped up? Was it damaged then?
Were the pictures given for a reason not to include the driver side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand the feeling underneath this but actually he does not need to prove his innocence, that's not how our justice system works. Innocent until proven guilty.

I get that, but his actions don't seem like the actions of someone who is innocent. That's what I mean.

FBI helps in ALL types of cases. They only need to be asked. They especially help in tech-related parts of missing persons cases, getting data back, examining phones, computer, etc.helping with interviews, profiles.
Where I live, the FBI gets involved in almost everything it seems.
Jmo

JM is a model friend and family member. Everyone hold him in high regards. He is a man of the bible. Serial killers also are in cases model citizens and church going and loved by the community but hold dark secrets. That is why they get away with their crimes for so long.

A lot of those people also have people who have seen their anger, or weirdness. They get described as "model citizens" but there is always someone that has seen the other side, not related to their crimes.

I can't remember where the scent dogs found Hannah's scent, can someone restate it please.

About this Chrysler:
The point I was trying to make is that when there are absolutely no make/model markers on a car that a witness can really only say, it was a burnt orange coupe with possible body damage. Even someone knowledgeable about cars might then even question their memory of the color.

I have a feeling JM is going to go from POI to wanted or arrested for... sometime this week.

Agree. Plus, Charlottesville IS his stomping grounds....I think he has lived there most if not all of his life. Probably doesn't have lots of connections elsewhere to disappear. JMO

I think if the police would have gone to his house at a normal time of day (instead of 5:45am in the morning AFTER they had taken his car), he would have spoken. If 1-2 officers would have knocked on his door at 4pm, after he was home from work relaxing and said "we saw some video of you and a missing girl", I think he would have cooperated.

If police barge into my house at 5:45am, after taking may car . . . . and now I have to call work and say I can't come in, I don't think I would be very cooperative. Especially, once the police say they have a search warrant and I have to leave my house. I would be scared beyond belief (even if I were innocent) . . . . .<modsnip>. ( I am really a middle-aged white woman, who knows Coach Matthew).

His behavior simply does not IMO jibe with the good guy persona his friends and acquaintances are painting of him.

If he's innocent, a good Christian with a good heart, a teddy bear, I would think he would voluntarily go to LE who have stated they want to talk to him. With a lawyer, of course.

No one needs to repeat to me his possible fear of being railroaded. I get that. But I would think that this fear would be a lot weaker in someone known to all as a good guy.

I have.

He obviously can't afford a lawyer so he asked to have a court appointed lawyer and I'm guessing that is who he spoke with. Some people would love to just 'go get a lawyer' but lawyers don't work unless you pay them.

Everyone that is ever interviewed by police should request a lawyer, whether guilty or innocent. There are so many cases where innocent people confessed to crimes they did not commit, or had their words twisted, and ended up in jail for a very long time.

He probably spoke to a public defender who told him that since he is not charged with any crime that he should just keep his mouth shut. That is what any good lawyer would say, no doubt about it.

And even if he was charged the lawyer would still tell him not to speak.
I've never heard of a public defender being assigned to someone who is not charged with a crime and without a judge assigning that public defender.

DNA is not taken when people are arrested unless it is related to solving the crime like rape or murder.

It is mandatory now that no matter the crime, as long as someone is convicted of a felony, they must give up their DNA after being sentenced.. Though LE can also issue a warrant for ones DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni