VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For reckless, people are not usually placed under arrest - just given a summons and a court date they HAVE to appear for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno a friend of mine was going 90 in a 55 and got arrested for speeding and reckless driving and spend the night in jail.

Because LE scared the crap out of him by taking his car and then busting into his house at 5:45am. I truly think he would reacted differently if LE would have calmly knocked on his door in the middle of the afternoon and said "we understand you may have spent some time with the missing Hannah Graham on Friday/Saturday . . . . what can you tell us about that". I truly believe he would have cooperate. I think he clammed-up because he was abruptly awoken, told his car had been impounded and told to not touch anything in the apartment, step outside, while they executed the search warrant. I'm sure he was shaken!

Again, they took the car and found something while processing it that gave them probable cause to get the warrant to search the residence. When they went back to search it, he was gone. He wasn't there to be abruptly woken up.

Where are you getting the 5:45 time by the way? I thought I read they impounded the car shortly after midnight.

ETA:

"The first warrant was a search and seizure warrant for a vehicle which was executed shortly after midnight. When police arrived at the apartment building and seized the car, a person connected to the car was in his apartment with two others. Police identified those individuals, but the officer did not feel he had the grounds to detain the individuals, Longo said.

After seizing the car and taking it to an undisclosed location for the full search, investigators developed probable cause and sought approvals for the two other warrants. Police arrived back at the apartment shortly after 10 a.m. and the three individuals were no longer inside, Longo said."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-war...ginia-student-hannah-graham/story?id=25621541

Very interesting stuff here. I found the sighting of the sketch to be odd myself. Who out there would see a man and say 'that is the guy I saw in a sketch 9 years ago'? So completely bizarre and unlikely.

It's interesting, but it's inaccurate. There was DNA on Morgan's body that connected her with the 2005 sexual assault. The connection had nothing to do with the shirt that was found.

Wow these threads are coming up thick and fast, full of chatter. Dam time difference! Lol

sad to see hannah is still missing, i have a bad feeling about this, she's been missing far too long. But you never know ... fingers crossed.

Can we get off the "moral" and "Christian" kick? Plenty of self-serving moralists and Christians out there. JMO

Yeah, there is a huge spectrum.

I would really like to know if they started to talk with him at all before he asked for a lawyer. Was he fishing to see what they knew? Did he come down to talk and then realized he is suspect #1 and was in trouble?

I would bet that he realized that long before yesterday afternoon.

Also a newbie and do not claim to be an expert on the subject of human trafficking but I have spent a lot of time researching human trafficking in the Northern Virginia area. It seems Route 29 is a direct route to NOVA once you hit 66. I wonder if the POI is not in someway connected with a larger sex ring in NOVA. There was time to get her out of here before she was reported missing. I hope the FBI are here to investigate this as it's more common that most people think and maybe there is still time to find her. Girls are moved quickly given drugs, different names and a change of hairstyle and this happens right here in VA.
Link to article on NOVA Sex ring
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...86e1a8-1c9c-11e3-82ef-a059e54c49d0_story.html

I'm confused has JM given a statement that he bought her a drink(s), but she didn't go anywhere with him, yet apparently there is evidence to say otherwise either by witnesses and or video? If so, I can see why he has clammed up, if he was caught in a lie. For his own sake regardless, he needs to call his/a lawyer & make arrangements to go in. We aren't talking about a teen, he's around 32 +/- IIRC, there is a good reason he isn't talking to LE. I also don't think or hope the chief would put his career on the line if he wasn't sure of what he was saying. I don't think he was counting on him cracking so much as he believes what the evidence will show IMO, I have to say I have never witnessed a PC like that one. It is going to be an interesting week to see how this unfolds with seemingly unorthodox techniques.

Not an attorney, but in one of the pressers or msm reports, it was announced that there was a couple of warrants that have yet to be executed on JM. Imo, a covert gps device may have been installed when LE had possession of the vehicle.

His car is still being held, the car was not his that he left in ,and therefore would not have gps on it as there would need to be a warrent for it and that would be crazy to think they issued warrents for everyones car he might be allowed to used.

If it was an attorney in private practice that the police called in for him, it could be that JM quickly realized he couldn't afford this person, and that he couldn't talk to the police until he figured out a way to come up with the money.

I guess my hang up stems from the squickiness I feel if I allow myself to believe that's what happened. It looks like that would open up a big ol' can of worms at trial or if he was found guilty if he actually retained the attorney the police went out and grabbed at Starbucks for him to chat with, know what I mean? I don't know, jmo.

I'm confused has JM given a statement that he bought her a drink(s), but she didn't go anywhere with him, yet apparently there is evidence to say otherwise either by witnesses and or video? If so, I can see why he has clammed up, if he was caught in a lie. For his own sake regardless, he needs to call his/a lawyer & make arrangements to go in. We aren't talking about a teen, he's around 32 +/- IIRC, there is a good reason he isn't talking to LE. I also don't think or hope the chief would put his career on the line if he wasn't sure of what he was saying. I don't think he was counting on him cracking so much as he believes what the evidence will show IMO, I have to say I have never witnessed a PC like that one. It is going to be an interesting week to see how this unfolds with seemingly unorthodox techniques.

He supposedly told his grandma that, not police. That was what grandma told UK reporter.

I never said they haven't tried. I said they didn't try before they executed the warrants. They went in aggressively, and they alienated their POI.

An 18 year old girl is missing. The last person she was seen with, given all the video surveillance throughout the area, is JM. Police had a warrant to search his car because that 18 year old girl is still missing. Based on evidence in the car, they obtained a warrant to search his residence.

Is the idea that police should have asked his permission, given him a head's up, phoned him to let him know that they were on to him?

The Daily Mail (Which should be taken with a grain of salt) says his grandmother says he told her he bought her drinks and they left separately.

There is video of them leaving the bar, but not getting into a car.

Both of these things can or cannot match based on the video and further unknown evidence.

Getting a warrant to seize the car, is alone evidence enough that he is suspect and not a POI. I don't understand why they continue to use the term POI. They may have evidence to the contrary, which they can't divulge. But it just all feels off to me.

Not an attorney, but in one of the pressers or msm reports, it was announced that there was a couple of warrants that have yet to be executed on JM. Imo, a covert gps device may have been installed when LE had possession of the vehicle.

The CPD are still in possession of his vehicle. He was driving a different car away from the police station. IMO

An 18 year old girl is missing. The last person she was seen with, given all the video surveillance throughout the area, is JM. Police had a warrant to search his car because that 18 year old girl is still missing. Based on evidence in the car, they obtained a warrant to search his residence.

Is the idea that police should have asked his permission, given him a head's up, phoned him to let him know that they were on to him?

No, the idea is that they went in aggressively, and their POI is acting like a targeted person now and trying to protect himself...guilty or not. There are other ways to do this, we have seen it in other cases. LE chose this route, and now they have a POI that doesn't seem to want to talk to them and it is my belief it started with searching his car.

Bakerlady, I just rewatched the 3 pm presser and the reporter asked specifically about surveillance video and all that LE had of it, did they have any of Hannah leaving Tempo and getting into JM's vehicle. The other man, not Longo, answered that he wasn't addressing the vehicle but they had them both leaving Tempo. BBM

Originally Posted by bakerlady View Post

He actually said the complete opposite. He said there are no other videos after the Tuel video.

Bakerlady, I heard Longo say they had video of them leaving Tempo together. I remember the reporter asking if this was witness or video and he said video. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member