VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His grandmother said His mother said he said she was never in the car he NEVER spoke to LE but granny spoke to media.

Thanks, nothing but hearsay, I will take that with a grain of salt.

I am glad he is going in. I think it is a sign of good faith. Maybe they just want to talk to him.

Regardless, the press conference seems to have done what they wanted it to, he is going in. Now if only the second part of this could be answered so quickly...where is Hannah?

This man may be off limits sooner than later if he is found not to have anything to do with Hannah... if he is innocent, all he has to do is tell the truth, the evidence will either set him free or find his guilt if he is a suspect after the initial questioning.

What I wonder is that something that has to be witnessed by an officer/ABC agent?

Well then.

4.1-350. Witness not excused from testifying because of self-incrimination.

No person shall be excused from testifying for the Commonwealth as to any offense committed by another under this title by reason of his testimony tending to incriminate him. The testimony given by such person on behalf of the Commonwealth when called as a witness for the prosecution shall not be used against him and he shall not be prosecuted for the offense to which he testifies.

(Code 1950, § 4-94; 1993, c. 866.)

That answers my question lol

Although this case is getting a lot of attention, I feel like it has yet to "explode" nationally. I know that is sort of subjective, but for example, the Justin Ross Harris case "exploded" after the bond hearing. I think JM being arrested could be the catalyst for that.

I have to admit that I am surprised there are so many jumping to JM's defense. I tend to err on the side of percentages. How many POI's that are the last to be seen with a victim are innocent versus how many are guilty? Add in the fact that he approaches an obviously inebriated teen (14 years his junior), takes her to a bar and allegedly buys her more alcohol, and then refuses to speak to police. In order to obtain a search warrant, you must show probable cause. Obviously they had probable cause to search his vehicle. In turn, something in that vehicle gave a judge enough probable cause to search the apartment. My guess is that blood or hair was found in the car. Possibly nothing obvious was found in the apartment because whatever happened to Hannah happened in the car. If that is the case, they will not have enough evidence for an arrest until DNA and/or analysis comes back to prove a link to Hannah. Probability tells me he knows what happened to Hannah and was responsible for it. As an American citizen, I say "innocent until proven guilty". as a parent of a daughter in college, I say "to h**l with his rights, just find Hannah"!

yeah, men always tell their wives, buying those drinks at 1:00 am meant nothing.

I just thought that poor 18 yr old looked like she could use another drink. And my hand around her waist was holding her up. And I was protecting her from the real bad guys.

And I was gonna come forward, after I solved the case. I almost had it solved, but I didn't want to tip off the real bad guys.

I was going to call the Tip line when I woke up, really.

"

This scenario happens all the time, every weekend all across the country without people going missing.

Really? A 20 minute flyby at 1 o'clock in the morning? 32 year old and 18 year old? Happens all the time? With all due respect, Hannah IS missing. And he was the last person seen with her. MOO.

I thoroughly enjoy sarcasm so I smiled at your statement. However, while I cannot speak for others here, I have to clarify that I totally support JM's decision to keep quiet based on my own perspective and experiences. While I won't re-state my long-winded post from thread 7, suffice it to say that I can both understand JM's current position AND I will be among those eagerly anticipating his trial and subsequent long incarceration should some compelling evidence of his having harmed Hannah be presented.

My husband confessed to 3 separate police officers BEFORE getting a lawyer. He still got the charges dropped. If you get a good defense atty it doesn't matter what you've already said. they will lie to the death. LE has to have such an iron clad case and the stars have to align perfectly to get a conviction.

The police could inform the public without the theatrics.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

There is some form of psychology in the way they do things when speaking publicly that I am prone to think it is not so much emotion but a proven method and tool to use.

I think it is very telling that LE thinks JM is guilty, yet do not have enough evidence to arrest him, a black man. It is not like getting a conviction is going to be a major challenge. It also cannot be that they are worried about media scrutiny, judging by their PC's.

Whoa. LE never said JM is guilty. They simply said they are "interested" in him.

At a MINIMUM, If LJM is innocent, he should have his attorney tell the Police what his interaction was with HG on the night she disappeared. The only reason not to relay this info through his attorney is because he would be worried it would be contradicted by evidence. IMO he is acting like a guilty man.

Really? A 20 minute flyby at 1 o'clock in the morning? 32 year old and 18 year old? Happens all the time? With all due respect, Hannah IS missing. And he was the last person seen with her. MOO.
Yes, that happens all time. People have places to go. They may have one drink and decide not to like the person. Go to a bar any given weekend. This happens.

I am glad he is going in. I think it is a sign of good faith. Maybe they just want to talk to him.

Regardless, the press conference seems to have done what they wanted it to, he is going in. Now if only the second part of this could be answered so quickly...where is Hannah?

This man may be off limits sooner than later if he is found not to have anything to do with Hannah... if he is innocent, all he has to do is tell the truth, the evidence will either set him free or find his guilt if he is a suspect after the initial questioning.
I think his talking to LE could also neither prove innocence nor prove guilt if he doesn't have enough information to give LE confidence he is innocent but they still don't have anything solid proving guilt. Could end up exactly where we are now but hopefully with less discussion of him talking or not talking to LE

yup he said it......he sounded like they went to two places the last being Tempo.

In my opinion only....I really think he misspoke. If you want to, listen again. It was like he had Fellinis in his mind still because that's where she was seen earlier in front of or around. The context was most definitely when speaking about Tempo when he misspoke. Again, JMO, but I really think this could be an innocent mistake that we could let go off and derail us.

Sorry... I made a mistake and was headed back to fix it. No need to be angry and shout.

And I am just going to say... why in heaven's name would you start freaking out on people on a message board. Perhaps it's time to step away when you get this angry over a very simple mistake.

I think you misunderstood my use of text and color as anger. I am not angry in the least bit but several people are typing Heather, not just you and then there comes a slew of posts like 'Heather who?' and it causes confusion.

Sorry to offend.

I am also getting uncomfortable with the focus on JM and not having enough evidence to arrest him. What if he turns out to be innocent, which is possible at this point.

If he is, he has had several days to declare it and tell his side. Surely if his hands were clean he would have no problem saying so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal