VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't share your opinion on this. JL may be 32, but we don't know his experience and worldliness. Some men are quite immature at 32. Age 18 may be under-age for drinking in Va., but (correct me if I'm wrong) it is not underage as in being a minor for having sex with someone older. I think there is a chance that Hannah may have asked JL to get her some alcohol rather than him urging her to go in the bar with him. That would explain the short time together. She gets another drink or two and they split going separate ways. For now, I'm assuming him innocent.

I don't much care for that conservativetreehouse.com site you linked either. My goodness, they are acting like this is a serial killer dangerous to the world.

(BBM) That train of thought has come up alot - Hannah's wandering all over town was because she was looking for alcohol/drugs/a party. It's totally bizarre to me (as someone who may have drank a bit in college :innocent: in a town similar to Cville) because she could have found all that more quickly and with much less effort if she had stayed with the student population. If it was something she didn't want her friends to know about, she's an attractive young girl - walk up to any fraternity party and she would have been welcomed with open arms.

I guess that's what has me so confused about this whole situation: I can't think of any earthly reason for her to go wandering down to the mall that night, let alone go somewhere willingly with JM.

IMO, most stranger abductions take place in public settings, although some of them maybe when not many people are around that public place. People are taken from streets, stores, schools, etc., with some taken from inside homes (private).

Yes it would sway me (as I am on the fence right now). Currently, she was last seen in a public place with JM. That isn't suspicious to me. But if she was with him privately and also disappeared, that is suspicious.

Okayyyy... I am way behind... But I have to ask this one question...

sorry if it has been addressed ad nauseum...

But... Could those wonderful WSers that have been in sports and/or worked with JM let us know if his car has had such damage prior to this past weekend?

was his car known for having this damage?...

Or... Is this something new?...

or.... ???

TIA...:seeya:

Carry on! :sunshine:
The car damage is old. There are 2 on websleuths that know him and have a very good impression of him. (I dont rfemember their names):fence:

LE has said they have witnesses who saw someone get in that car, out of the car and back into the car, but nothing else, no ID of the person(s). LE said they have no info about HG after they left the bar.

Link please? I did not hear anything about anyone being seen getting into, out of car.

Question: What would everyone's position on this case be right now if LM came out and said, "Ok, I did give her a ride, but I dropped her off at the corner of blah, blah."

If you knew for a fact she did ride in the car, would that change your opinion? Would it matter? Remember Natalee Holloway...they saw her ride off in the car with Joran Vandersloot...but they never had anything to arrest him on. He said he left her at the beach. End of story....

In a vacuum, it would ratchet up my suspicions. However, if someone were able to alibi him a few minutes after he says he dropped her off, or if there were video of him driving alone just after that, or if someone saw her alone or with another person after that, then that would obviously also change things.

JM seems to have family support on his side. IIRC, Chief Longo said he came to the police station with "several family members". So maybe they will help him do the right thing - tell police what he knows.

Perhaps he already told the police what he knows. Now what?

Correct. But by evading them, he has made it a lot harder on himself publicly.

It just really kills me that it took the police and entire week and hours of resources to get to the point they are now with JM, and, if he was innocent could have eliminated all of that time and advanced the search far beyond where they are now. He could have literally saved her given the time savings. That alone, no matter how scared you are to go to the police makes me think he is lying or is involved. That compounded with another two days and still no word from him is ridiculous. Time is ticking and he is hurting everyone involved now.

strawberry blonde?
That's what she looks like to me in all of the photos that I have seen.

I guess that is a perfect example of how different people see different things when they look at a photo or are an eyewitness.

IMO, most stranger abductions take place in public settings, although some of them maybe when not many people are around that public place. People are taken from streets, stores, schools, etc., with some taken from inside homes (private).

Yes, people are taken from public. But in this situation, if JM was involved, she likely would have gone to his car willingly. It wouldn't have been a snatch and grab situation. And then from there, something would have happened. But having a drink with someone in a public area just isn't suspicious enough for me to get off the fence.

I'm not sure this has been touched on yet, but I've been wondering why the guy from the apartment building said that JM did not work or have a job. He seemed certain of this. This puzzles me since we know he held down a regular job at the hospital. Any thoughts?

right - someone knows something. so if you are the one who knows, because you have her in your basement or you assaulted her on the street, does that statement compel you to say anything? Does it enlarge the ego of a psychopath to be the one who knows something and says something?

I wouldn't expect the person responsible to come forward. But there were 2 other people in the apartment when LE served the search warrant. There are others who live in that building. Anyone may have heard or seen something that night/early morning that was out of the ordinary. Etc, etc. And if it is not the named POI, perhaps someone noticed something strange/different/suspicious/uncharacteristic about someone else that would be important to this case. Who knows where the information might come from that would illuminate this case and help to find Hannah.

Nope, we have no idea if he knew. Heck, my fiance just asked me "Is there some lunatic loose in PA?" and I busted out laughing. Some people just don't follow the news at all.

This! My husband and I do not watch the news. Our tv is alwYs Netflix, amazon, etc. If I wasn't on this forum or interested in cases like that, we'd be in the dark. I'll ask my friends if they've heard about the cases I've read on here and it's always a no.

We don't know that. Perhaps he dropped her off somewhere. If he did, he needs to tell police where he dropped her off so they can pick up the video surveillance trail. One things seems very clear: they did not part ways after leaving Tempo because there is no more surveillance video of her anywhere in that area.

They could have parted and she could have headed down a side street where there were no cameras.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

If they cannot place Hannah in his car...then what? She was all over the place that night. She could have left him and continued on her confused path, trying to get home.

It just really kills me that it took the police and entire week and hours of resources to get to the point they are now with JM, and, if he was innocent could have eliminated all of that time and advanced the search far beyond where they are now. He could have literally saved her given the time savings. That alone, no matter how scared you are to go to the police makes me think he is lying or is involved. That compounded with another two days and still no word from him is ridiculous. Time is ticking and he is hurting everyone involved now.

Keep in mind LE doesn't just focus on one person, one lead. If JM is innocent, him not talking to police isn't keeping them from focusing on other areas either.

No, you are creating a false dilemma. The WG could have remembered incorrectly or simply witnessed the situation wrongly. There are more options than just WG is lying or LE is releasing false information on purpose. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously inaccurate and leads to false descriptions frequently.

I did account for WG not remembering properly in my post. You didn't quote that part. To summarize, I just don't believe it. It seems more likely that police had good reason to purposely give a false description.

That's what she looks like to me in all of the photos that I have seen.

I guess that is a perfect example of how different people see different things when they look at a photo or are an eyewitness.

I was surprised when she was described as having light brown hair, because to me it looks reddish.

I wish LE would talk about how they cleared WG, just to show they at least considered him. Jmo
It is kind of hard to clear someone without considering them and looking into whether or not this person is relevant to the disappearance. Do you really think that if the police talk to someone, seen following a missing person on camera, that they somehow don't treat them as a potential person of interest?

This! My husband and I do not watch the news. Our tv is alwYs Netflix, amazon, etc. If I wasn't on this forum or interested in cases like that, we'd be in the dark. I'll ask my friends if they've heard about the cases I've read on here and it's always a no.

I have to admit, I moved here about 4 months ago and I am still not watching the local news. Bad me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom