VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your front bumper is falling off (or partially torn off) and you are buying drinks for strangers?

Huh?

I think JM saw a young girl by herself, late at night and already inebriated, and figured he wouldn't have to put in a lot of effort or drinks to try and hook up.

Honestly, watching the videos of Hannah and WG and JM made me think of sharks circling a wounded seal. Call me jaded, but I don't think either of them were following her with honorable intentions in mind. Maybe not to harm her, but they both looked like creepers.

delete -- wrong placement

To fly with Pegasus you have to be a nurse, paramedic, or pilot. To ride on Medic 5 you have to be an Advanced Life Support pre-hospital provider, I.e. paramedic, or an EMT who is EVOC certified to drive.

I don't know how to bring over posts from the other thread, so here is a copy/paste of one of yesterday's posts, from someone who works in that area of the hospital.

"cvillehoo2
cvillehoo2 is offline Registered User

have worked around POI

I'm new to WS and this is my first comment. I work at the hospital where POI works and know people who have trained him and worked closely with him. He used to work in patient transportation but now works in the OR's as a person who helps to move patients in the OR and help position pt's for surgery. He would potentially have access to drugs in the OR's- not super easily but it would be possible. I really only had peripheral contact with him but found him to be polite and not inappropriate although I have heard that the way he looked a women made some of the other male techs uncomfortable- they thought it was over the top for work I think. Also, I know at least one woman who has worked near/around him found him to be creepy in that he was sort of seemingly unaware of personal space and boundaries. Not sure that that is really incriminating though. Haven't heard that he didn't show up for work as scheduled except for on Friday when they executed the search warrant at his apartment.
I agree that the story doesn't make sense. I have also heard he has/had a long-term girlfriend and seemed to have gotten his life relatively together- was volunteering as an assistant coach for the football team at a local Christian school and had a good job, having worked his way up a bit. The video shows his behavior to be suspicious though and if his motives were good he would have tried in some way to help HG and would be willing to discuss that with police. His behavior that night and his public persona do not match, which gives me the creeps. If he was really who he portrays himself to be publicly and did not do her harm, he would have come forward to help. This leads me to believe that he is not who he seems to be outwardly."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-18-Charlottesville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986887

--post #1033

:bolded by me

I know someone who has the same job and his title is 'OR Tech' NOT transport. And I know he is paid much better than the transport people.

But it was stated that he works in the OR, helping to move patients. With the exception of emergency procedures, most surgeries are scheduled early morning and early afternoon.

UVA is a teaching hospital and a level I trauma center. Their OR would be churning 24/7.

This is most likely being COMPLETELY misinterpreted! When she posted that he was "following" her..... it most likely meant he was following her TWITTER account! Not as in stalking or following her in person!

And similar comments in the vein of "____ is following me! Argh!" or "Some creep from ___ is stalking me!" or "____ has be bugging me for weeks" are turning up on more and more of the twitter accounts in cases here...especially in about the tween to 30's age range.

Look at how many times "stalking me" has been said in the last hour or so - https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q="stalking me"&src=typd

It's equally common w/ "being stalked" etc. as well.

It'd be a pain to weed through "following me" or "being followed" since that also is twitter specific jargon, but there's a similar number to those along the lines of "stalking."

It's very, very, very rarely literal, and is extremely common "lingo" in a large population speech wise just as it is on SM.

My post #1290 below was supposed to go here, but I guess I goofed. According to that poster, perhaps he used to work for Pegasus or Medic 5...?

Pegasus and Medic V are both ambulance services. Very different job. I suspect he would have to be an EMT for that. They would not be in the hospital except for the few minutes it takes to wheel a patient into the ED or a transfer patient up to a room and drop them off.

What does it matter what POI did in a hospital? I don't care if he is the CEO or the janitor. The question is what happened between the Mall and him arriving at his apartment.

WG did not suspect she was in danger. He apparently told police that it looked like JM and HG may know each other basically he didn't see any cause for concern. Then he heard about her missing and went to police.

WG to me looks like a good Samaritan. The fact the he went to police and said a big black guy came up to her and walked away with her was the truth. About the description he gave well he may have given a correct description but police then lied about some details to the public as part of a strategy. Or WG made an honest mistake. The description police put out was correct except for the hair and pants. Maybe he got a couple details wrong. I don't think he talked to police till 3 or 4 days after so his memory may not have been great.

Ah, sorry. I thought it was WG who said Hannah appeared to be in "physical distress". It's hard to keep up with which player did/said what since the threads move so fast.

Unless you consider this, which I posited earlier and could fully see based upon the descriptions of those who know him (even here) and the fact that he was a volunteer coach for a local Christian high school: He is a big goofy teddy bear who has a heart of gold and sees 1) Hannah stumbling/confused, 2) WG following her and ducking in an alcove, 3) flock of "frat boys" harassing her - we have no idea what those boys were saying/doing, but they could well have frightened her, causing her to increase her speed. He catches up to her, puts his arm around her and says, "It's ok, I'm going to get you away from these guys. Walk with me [here] and pretend you know me and we'll call someone," fully willing to accept the potential subsequent punch to his face he might get - because that would at least get Hannah help. He takes her to Tempo. He buys her a soda. She texts a friend and says, "Thanks. I'm good now," and he or they leave.

Did she get in his car? Only JM seems to know that for certain, potentially LE now with the warrant to search his car and subsequently his apartment. Perhaps she did. Perhaps he drove her back to her neighborhood. Perhaps something else happened there, right where the other two assaults happened, each within 24 hours of this and each other.

LE needs JM. One way or the other.

He could be innocent. The thing that makes me think he is not a good, caring Christian like some say is the fact that he has not talked to police and he has had runs in with the law. There are blacks who are Christian and have shot people or deal drugs. If he was caring if he truly helped her he would come out and tell police. It's possible though that he is scared because he is black in the suspect of a missing white girl and thinks he may get framed.

I dont see anything out of character or creepy about WG at all. He strikes me as a timid middle aged male who was concerned for Hannah because he likely has a daughter or other female relatives.

I myself have circled the block when seeing someone with a flat tire only to leave when I've seen that help has arrived.

It says a lot about his character to me that he would contact police on more than one occasion and voluntarily give them his account of events.

In stark contrast to JLM who had at least 24-48 hours to contact an attorney, failed to turn himself in for questioning with his lawyer present, forcing police to obtain a search warrant for his vehicle and home and THEN speeding away from the police office & placing the live of others in danger in the process.

None of that sounds very "Christian" or wholesome to me.

Anyone have a link to the video for the press conference today? Or at least a transcript? thanks!

Here's another thought: is it possible that the description and event of the bald, black male WG gave police was accurate, and that he was simply an individual Hannah knew and greeted? All we know is that LE changed their description of the POI, but we don't know *why* (to my knowledge). It seems plausible that Hannah encountered two black men that night - the man WG described to LE; and LM, whom she met later. I'm not convinced that LE changed vital physical characteristics to throw off the POI, nor am I convinced that WG lied in his statement. I am, however, sure that there's more than one black man in Cville.

Ah, sorry. I thought it was WG who said Hannah appeared to be in "physical distress". It's hard to keep up with which player did/said what since the threads move so fast.

He did say she was in physical distress but then the black guy came up to her and he felt she was in good hands he thought they may know each other. I was saying that he didn't see any danger between HG and JM

What does it matter what POI did in a hospital? I don't care if he is the CEO or the janitor. The question is what happened between the Mall and him arriving at his apartment.

The question was brought up for two reasons - the condition of his car (some assumed he would need his car to do his job) and whether or not he has access to any kind of medication that could be at play here.

It's not exact because it's at an outside, "day" surgery center, but here is a better description of duties for an OR tech (and pay, which is similar to that of someone in Transportation) - https://uvahealth.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=20760

HG was walking at least 60-100 feet behind WG. I wonder what made him think she was in distress?

Before we knew about POIs or anything, when I first saw the video, WG stood out. 1) Because he is middle aged and out and about at 1 am, 2) because he clearly follows her. I consider myself to have pretty good women's intuition and he would have made me look over my shoulder and duck into the first store/restaurant I came across.

JLM did not even stand out to me until the jewelry store video looked like him.

Here is the thing, Imo. For whatever reason, I think the window has slammed shut on JM giving any info to Le. At most, he may say they parted at the end of the mall and he never saw her again,if he says anything at all.

This being the likely scenario, LE simply has to carry on as they do anytime they have an uncooperative suspect (and he IS a suspect, Imo, no matter what they say-Longo said so by saying he believes JM is the very last person to see Hannah before she disappeared from the earth). They need to get their forensic results, their phone records, computer info, interview as many people who were on the mall as possible, etc. It is not as though suspects are generally keen to help police, so it should not be that unusual. He is not going to confess. If he had someone else to pin this on, he probably would have said so already. He either knows nothing useful and sees no reason to "chat" with LE, or he knows everything and is not about to help them convict him, Imo.

HG was walking at least 60-100 feet behind WG. I wonder what made him think she was in distress?

My theory from the beginning was that the group of guys directly behind Hannah was cat-calling or teasing her in some way. Even on video you see them sorta looking at her, then looking at each other. To me it seems like typical college boy behavior if there's a girl around and there's partying. But WG may have heard that, stopped, and inserted himself between the boys and HG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni