GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if during the first day or two, this seemed like an 'adventure' to Isabel. But I'm concerned that after sleeping in the cold for several nights, and not being in her home, that she may start complaining.

So where could he put her, where she could be found, but leave no trace to his whereabouts? Tricky...

He could drop her off near a fire station, rescue squad, a church during service, or near a relatives home. Somewhere out of camera range with a short safe walk. She could be told to give him a window to leave the area.

MOO

I wonder if during the first day or two, this seemed like an 'adventure' to Isabel. But I'm concerned that after sleeping in the cold for several nights, and not being in her home, that she may start complaining.

So where could he put her, where she could be found, but leave no trace to his whereabouts? Tricky...
At this point he can just guide her to the closest road and she will be found

I need to watch today’s PC again. Something was said that made my ears perk up. Something like if there is more to the story or something to that affect. Anyone know what was said exactly?
MOO

IMOO ... Hostage negotiators always leave an opening for the abductor. Most feel they are saving the person. I see LE trying to identify with BL, wanting to help him save IH and be the GOOD guy. Good move on LE.

Keep in mind he has no criminal record, he's lived in the area all his life and needs a chance to "save face".
I'm sure FBI profilers/ behavior analysis experts are providing guidance on now to reach out to him.

MOO...

I agree. But we don't really know why he knocked on that person's door. He may be comfortable in the woods with few luxuries but I doubt that IH is used to that lifestyle. I'm guessing she has been miserable. Maybe he was hoping they could visit that person's house, get a hot meal and a shower and then disappear back into the woods to wherever the car/their hideout is located? If they were living off grid for a week and did not know about the Amber Alert then perhaps they thought the person they approached would not know they were missing at all and would agree to help them? MOO.

My guess, as well.

AMLOG...I've seen text acronyms like AMLT a million little things, AMLP a million little pieces...

I need to watch today’s PC again. Something was said that made my ears perk up. Something like if there is more to the story or something to that affect. Anyone know what was said exactly?
MOO
I didn't hear it but I bet they pointed out that they really don't know BL's side of the story and they are willing to listen. I think their total focus is on the safety of the teen he has with him and that's why they have released so few details to the public.

JMO

I reviewed. It’s a bit confusing. She was abducted but she continues to be abducted so I’m unclear whether someone who aids him would be considered a principal in the second degree or an accessory after the fact. If an accessory after the fact it appears to be a misdemeanor carrying up to one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

What Is an Accessory after the Fact?

If it’s a principal in the second degree who aids the continued commission of a crime they are looking at the same penalty as the kidnapper is. So 1-10 years for helping this guy keep Isabel:

Code of Virginia Code - Chapter 2. Principals and Accessories

§ 18.2-47. Abduction and kidnapping defined; punishment

§ 18.2-10. Punishment for conviction of felony; penalty

CrimLaw: Principals, Conspirators, and Accessories

Hypothetically, where would the resident have stood legally if they had invited them both in, gave them food / water etc. to buy time, and covertly contacted the police? Would they be in any trouble then?

(Not that I think letting a fugitive who's suicidal and armed into your house would be a good idea. Let alone the risk of him being cornered there by LE, and giving him an extra potential hostage. Just curious!)

@sceawian

Hypothetically, where would the resident have stood legally if they had invited them both in, gave them food / water etc. to buy time, and covertly contacted the police? Would they be in any trouble then?

(Not that I think letting a fugitive who's suicidal and armed into your house would be a good idea. Let alone the risk of him being cornered there by LE, and giving him an extra potential hostage. Just curious!)

gitana1 addresses for us... Post 697

I reviewed. It’s a bit confusing. She was abducted but she continues to be abducted so I’m unclear whether someone who aids him would be considered a principal in the second degree or an accessory after the fact. If an accessory after the fact it appears to be a misdemeanor carrying up to one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

What Is an Accessory after the Fact?

If it’s a principal in the second degree who aids the continued commission of a crime they are looking at the same penalty as the kidnapper is. So 1-10 years for helping this guy keep Isabel:

Code of Virginia Code - Chapter 2. Principals and Accessories

§ 18.2-47. Abduction and kidnapping defined; punishment

§ 18.2-10. Punishment for conviction of felony; penalty

CrimLaw: Principals, Conspirators, and Accessories

I’ve seen mixed reports of which one of the 2 actually knocked on the door. If it was just IH and Bruce stayed a small distance away but still insight, I wonder if I (being in that situation) wouldn’t have had her come in and called the cops.
It’s so hard to say what any one person would do and I can’t say I would have handled this door knock incident differently, but then again, it’s based on very little detail that was published.

I would've let them in, probably fed them and let them shower. Living out the country- we just do those type of things....
After raising a bunch of kids though- I am good at picking out liars- so I'd get my neighbor the Sheriff as well

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back