GUILTY VA - Janyiha Whiteman, 11 months, Virginia Beach, 1 Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another innocent child lost -because the parent has more important things to do-how very sad. Rest in peace, precious angel.

Finally caught update from WAVY:

Grandma filed initial police report
"sweet happy little girl" -godmother
family convinced body found is Janyiha

BF criminal history in:
Several larceny charges, theft charges and forgery counts. Police have also arrested him for Burglary and Drug charges

~sigh~

rest peacefully baby Janyiha

This is an awful case. I wish I hadn't opened it to read. My heart is so heavy.

What is wrong with these mothers? Why do they have these men in their lives who harm their children? And what is wrong with these men? The callousness is astounding.

I'm sure this baby missed her mother. She was certainly old enough to notice her mother's absence I also have no doubt this poor helpless little angel suffered. I wish the mother's family had been able to do something to help the baby before it was too late....

Baby Janyiha we will probably never know why and we do not understand the evil that walks with us but it will never stop us from asking "why, why, why".

Bless you and you now own a piece of my heart. May justice be swift and severe and those accountable be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

(OT: Congratulations, cc81! I see a new siggie for you...)

BF criminal history in:
Several larceny charges, theft charges and forgery counts. Police have also arrested him for Burglary and Drug charges

So, we have a Grandma and a Godmother for Janyiha. Why the hello didn't she leave the baby in their care? :banghead:

Has a COD been released?

this is local for me. i know the trailer park, the strip, and know the legal system in this commonwealth and city. i am heartsick over it.

first i heard of it was last night when reports were both unbelievable and amateurish. i felt like i was living in some podunk town after hearing it on the news. they acted as if, truly, it was no big deal....that they figured the bf didn't know mom was out of jail and would be coming home with the baby anytime. they were nonchalant. it was offensive.

if it is discovered that this baby was killed after those first reports, i may very well go ape on the media around here. i am disgusted.

Local for me.

This is so sad.

shocked DHS/CPS wasn't involved with family just with my experience with DHS/CPS.

I'm in tears.

If this guy couldn't take care of Janihya, why didn't he bring her to someone in his family to care for her? Or how about taking the child to one of his GF's family to care for her? And if he didn't harm Janihya, what did he do, forget he left in the parking garage?!

And while the medical examiner has not yet identified the body, it's clear the police went to the parking garage because they were directed there by Smith. He knows what happened ... No matter what, he has culpability. Janihya was left in his care for heaven's sake.

I'm so sad and angry. I need to step away for a bit. All these babies losing their lives needlessly ... it has to stop!

I have come to realize that it will keep getting worse until these so called mothers stop making such awful decisions that put their child in harms way.They let convicts live among their children and take care of them.Janihya's mother broke the law and got arrested then she leaves her with a man who has a warrant out for him.These children we read about EVERY day are being born to such irresponsible people,who put themselves before their children.Why didn't a family member take this precious child?
You are such a beautiful baby Janihya your safe now in Gods arms. I am so sorry this happened to you.

Some of you are awfully judgmental. Of course she has a right to grieve for her baby. Really, you don't know enough about her to be judging her so harshly.

She broke the law ,where was her concern for her baby then?and left her baby Janihya with a convict who had a warrant out.She made horrible choices and Janihya paid for them with her Life.IMO she gets none of my sympathy,if not for her illegal activity and poor judgement in men her daughter would not be dead.When you have a child you have a responsibility to protect them,she is IMO just as responsible as he is.She brought him into her home and Janihya life.
After seeing so many children die every d@mn day,I have nothing left for the enablers who's mistake (no common sense)leads to a fatality of a child.:furious::furious::furious::furious:

this beautiful angel never had a chance.

:rose:

RIP sweetheart.

:rose:

Do we know where on earth this mother fled to for 2 weeks? and WHY?

Dear God, what have we become.

She was in jail for selling weed!:furious::furious::furious:

BF criminal history in:

I would never leave my dogs with someone like that,never mind a baby!What if he went on a drug binge and forgot to feed and take care of her. OMG I better call it a night before I get banned! I am just so sick of this every day it seems.:banghead::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::banghead:

Still no cause of death. Did he just leave her in the parking deck and she died from exposure or how did she die? This is horrible! Rest in Peace beautiful little girl. You'll never be hungry or cold again!

Some of you are awfully judgmental. Of course she has a right to grieve for her baby. Really, you don't know enough about her to be judging her so harshly.

Based on all that the God Mother said Janyiha's mother believed she could trust this man. He had behaved like a father. Taken care of her, fed her, diappered her, loved her. Its hard to understand what happened. Drugs? Alcholol? Neglect?

I guess in time we will know. I don't believe her mother left her thinking he wouldn't take care of her. I think she really believed he would care for her since he had been doing that all along.

God bless her in her grief. I hope and pray this will be life changing for her and she'll get her life in order now.

Based on all that the God Mother said Janyiha's mother believed she could trust this man. He had behaved like a father. Taken care of her, fed her, diappered her, loved her. Its hard to understand what happened. Drugs? Alcholol? Neglect?

I guess in time we will know. I don't believe her mother left her thinking he wouldn't take care of her. I think she really believed he would care for her since he had been doing that all along.

God bless her in her grief. I hope and pray this will be life changing for her and she'll get her life in order now.

I don't trust 'Anyone' with my kids - no one else will ever see them as I do - To protect the vulnerability of an infant is like a sacred pledge in love - to me they are more precious than my own life and because of that, I push through all sorts of tiredness and frustration - I wouldn't trust anyone else to do that - let alone a unrelated male with a criminal record. I am terrified by the self obsessed detachment people have who don't 'get' just what a child is. I hope his life proves to be full of the misery he has inflicted.
Precious, beautiful little baby, I wish I could have made it ok for you,

I agree. It also seems like the mom has problem making good decisions for herself, much less her infant child. I do feel for her - I will never believe she thought this would happen or thought he would harm her. I just believe that she is not using sound judgment at this point in her life.

ETA: I now take this back regarding her decisions, after seeing that she tried MULTIPLE times while in jail to get Janyiha to her family... :(... WHAT HAPPENED HERE?

I just love when they add in, "police are calling her death suspicious"... ya think!?! Did I miss something about 10-11 month olds are now starting to commit suicide.... oiy vey

sorry... frustrated that this poor little girls life was taken so soon.

If there were no visible wounds (gunshots, knife, etc.) on her body, they can't declare it a homicide because she could have just been left there and died of exposure. Police don't decide cause of death, the ME does, so they have no choice but to say it was suspicious. Maybe this was the reporter's choice of words, not LE's.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back