GUILTY VA - Janyiha Whiteman, 11 months, Virginia Beach, 1 Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm in tears.

If this guy couldn't take care of Janihya, why didn't he bring her to someone in his family to care for her? Or how about taking the child to one of his GF's family to care for her? And if he didn't harm Janihya, what did he do, forget he left in the parking garage?!

And while the medical examiner has not yet identified the body, it's clear the police went to the parking garage because they were directed there by Smith. He knows what happened ... No matter what, he has culpability. Janihya was left in his care for heaven's sake.

I'm so sad and angry. I need to step away for a bit. All these babies losing their lives needlessly ... it has to stop!

I am so sorry to hear of this child passing today. When is the world going to make children their number one priority.

Sweet dreams little one.

Poor sweet little one. I am just in tears. :(

I'm wondering if there is any procedure regarding insuring care of minor children when a person goes to jail/prison. Is it just left up to the parent?

I hate people sometimes.

If he couldn't bring her to a family member or friend, he could have dropped her off at a police station, hospital, school... I'm not sure if VA has a Safe Haven Law, but dear God, being charged with abandonment is sure better than murder. And this sweet girl would still be alive.

I'm going to hug my 5 year old a little tighter tonight.

I hope they release a COD. Bless this sweet baby.

There are no words, just questions that will never be answered.
WHY?

Never more to laugh and cry or see her smile as we walk by
Never more to run and play or live to laugh another day!
Hark the Raven, "NEVER MORE!"

Janiyha, beautiful child of God. Rest in Peace. We are sorry. So sorry, ever more!

Maybe we need to look into the State's procedures for VA, and any of the States, for taking custody of a child who's mother is arrested and in particular for drugs. If she lived with this guy there was already a drug problem within the household that he did nothing about. The baby should have been taken by the State until a family member could prove they were capable and responsible enough to care for the child. Obviously we just are not doing enough to protect children because they continue to be killed by their caregivers. jmo

Following the Aliayah Lunsford case here in WV and heard about this-so so sad. God bless this little soul.

Way to go "mom"....save your tears of grief!! Getting high was your priority. Not your baby.

this beautiful angel never had a chance.

:rose:

RIP sweetheart.

Do we know where on earth this mother fled to for 2 weeks? and WHY?

Dear God, what have we become.

this beautiful angel never had a chance.

RIP sweetheart.

Do we know where on earth this mother fled to for 2 weeks? and WHY?

Dear God, what have we become.

She went to jail Sept. 16 and just got out on Tuesday...October 18 that would be.

This was a beautiful babe who could have had a beautiful life. So why didn't her mother treat her like the treasure she was, or give her up so she would be loved and cared for properly. Handing this baby off to someone who wasn't the baby's father seems like there was no thought given to the well-being of the baby.

Poor little darlin'...RIP

WTKR: family says Mom was called into the police department this morning to speak with BF and that he said the baby's body was at the parking garage.

NOT the baby's bio dad

LE took several items from bedroom of the baby's, in the mobile home.

Identity still not confirmed by ME

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back