VA - Jholie Moussa, 16, Fairfax County, 12 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very probable that she was gone before they reported her missing.

"Moussa was last seen leaving her home around 4:15 p.m. on Jan. 12.

She was reported missing by her family the next day at around 6:30 p.m."

http://wric.com/2018/01/26/police-missing-16-year-old-jholie-moussas-body-found-in-northern-va-park/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Yes I agree with you. LE need to look at all her phone communication now and see who she has been in contact with.

Does the story from the 12 yo boy sound shady to anyone else? So he’s out, after dark, shooting hoops, by himself, and some unknown man comes up and asks to borrow his phone? Assuming this boy does exist and this is the story he told....I wonder if he’s covering for someone. Maybe his brother or a friend borrowed his phone and called Jholie?
The report I seen said the boy was approached 15. Minutes after jholie went out the house so around 5pm so not really late for a 12 year old to be shooting hoops.

Is there any confirmation or anything that her phone has been found?

The report I seen said the boy was approached 15. Minutes after jholie went out the house so around 5pm so not really late for a 12 year old to be shooting hoops.

True. It’s not really that late. But it is dark by 5. Would you really want to shoot hoops in the dark, by yourself? And didn’t anyone ever teach this kid about stranger danger? You’re alone in the park, in the dark, and a stranger approaches you? Sure you can borrow my phone, no problem.

Just seems fishy to me.

Does the story from the 12 yo boy sound shady to anyone else? So he’s out, after dark, shooting hoops, by himself, and some unknown man comes up and asks to borrow his phone? Assuming this boy does exist and this is the story he told....I wonder if he’s covering for someone. Maybe his brother or a friend borrowed his phone and called Jholie?

I don't think it was dark yet. It would have been dark here in Northern Virginia about 5:45 p.m. Didn't she leave her house about 4:45 p.m.?

Yes with this report she us leaving the house at 4:15 but it was originally reported she l eff at 4:45 (and in video surveillance at the home). Times are offf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I don't think it was dark yet. It would have been dark here in Northern Virginia about 5:45 p.m. Didn't she leave her house about 4:45 p.m.?

Agree, I'm also in NoVa and sunset has been around 5:20-5:30ish, but it's not truly dark until closer to 5:45. It's not unusual to see kids out until sunset or a bit past.

The weather was also REALLY nice that day - mid 60s - after weeks of bitter cold. So, that part doesn't seem off to me, but the entire scenario is confusing to me since there seems to be descrepancies in the timeline as to calls vs texts and the timing across news reports.

Something about the story doesn't sit right with me either. Sounds far fetched or coached.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ah yes, you’re right. Looking at historical data, looks like sunset was around 5:08pm on Jan 12th. It was around 4:33 here in Boston. Still not really buying the kid’s story tho.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/fairfax

A body found Friday morning in a park in Fairfax County, Virginia, has been identified as Jholie Moussa, the 16-year-old girl who went missing from her home in the county two weeks ago, officials said.*

The teenager's death is being investigated as a homicide, police said Friday night.*

An FBI representative previously said there was not a specific reason why the agency joined the investigation, but they had available resources to help.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...6-Year-Old-Virginia-Girl-Found-471351894.html

[h=1]Missing 16-Year-Old Girl Found Dead Weeks After Strange Text Message[/h]Jholie Moussa, who was last seen leaving her home after she told her twin sister she had to go out, was found in Woodlawn Park on Friday morning, NBC reported. Her sister Zhane Moussa told the network Jholie had started acting oddly before she disappeared, abruptly leaving the home after exchanging text messages with an unknown person, then later texting Zhane that she was attending a party 200 miles away in Norfolk.
Jholie Moussa called her mother Syreeta Steward later that night, though her mother missed the call, according to NBC. Her family never heard from her again.

http://time.com/5121698/jholie-moussa-found-woodlawn-park/

A disquiet has fallen over me, because Bernstein's case was in the news. Is it possible she was discarded in the same manner?

Very probable that she was gone before they reported her missing.

"Moussa was last seen leaving her home around 4:15 p.m. on Jan. 12.

She was reported missing by her family the next day at around 6:30 p.m."

http://wric.com/2018/01/26/police-missing-16-year-old-jholie-moussas-body-found-in-northern-va-park/

Do we know, if these times are correct, why the delay in reporting her missing?

I doubt it would have changed the outcome if she had been reported first thing in the morning, in any case.

No, I've let numerous strangers make telephone calls.

(Not safe to let a stranger have your phone, imo. Who knows who they are calling and who then has your number, imo. I'm not saying don't help a person or let someone use your phone if you feel it is okay, just be careful folks!)

But I'm assuming you're not 12, and are able to make grown-up safety assessments. Hopefully a 12 year old would have been instructed to not hand his phone to strangers, and followed this. If this boy exists and he indeed did this, at the very least he needs to be taught for his own safety to knock that off in the future. That said, I'm doubting the 'stranger' story and am also wondering if he's covering for someone he knows. MOO

(Not safe to let a stranger have your phone, imo. Who knows who they are calling and who then has your number, imo. I'm not saying don't help a person or let someone use your phone if you feel it is okay, just be careful folks!)

Not to mention someone will ask to borrow your cell phone so they can steal it, run off with it. IMO

I doubt it would have changed the outcome if she had been reported first thing in the morning, in any case.

It was my understanding in early reporting upthread, that their father was out of town and the girls were suppose to be spending the night elsewhere (cover up story) so they could go do their own thing. I believe that when Jholie didn't show up to start with, Zhane wasn't too concerned because they had these plans. So no one was alerted until much later.

The reported times seem off IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18