VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me a bit nervous.
Maybe a poll showed they're not all on the same page and need lots of time to discuss? They aren't even staying for a couple of hours.
well trial watching has taught me that you can conclude nothing from this ...however I would have thought if they were all on same page they would have stayed to work thru each point which becomes pretty easy if all thinking the same. Does make me wonder.

Maybe a poll showed they're not all on the same page and need lots of time to discuss? They aren't even staying for a couple of hours.
I think it's close to 3 hours?
Could be wrong.
Vaguely recall someone posting about length of trial and hours of deliberation.
IMO.

well trial watching has taught me that you can conclude nothing from this ...however I would have thought if they were all on same page they would have stayed to work thru each point which becomes pretty easy if all thinking the same. Does make me wonder.
I think it may be the judge wanting to let her staff go home and get some probably much needed rest.

I personally would want to go home and take a mental health break away from the last 6 weeks of intense trial testimony, just to be able to step away for a moment and come back with a clear head. Plus, they started so late in the day and have been there since 9 am. They will be back Tuesday refreshed and ready to deliberate.

Has anyone here taken a vote.

How many for Depp?

How many for Heard?

Depp all the way but after the AH team said lie after lie after lie today I hope the jury will be diligent in going back through each witness to verify the proof.

Im still catching up. Anyone shocked about AH closing? I didn’t expect them to refute EVERY single point and testimony of Johnny’s. Going that low would rub me the wrong way if I were a juror. AH team could have made it easier on themselves if that was their game plan from the beginning.

I personally would want to go home and take a mental health break away from the last 6 weeks of intense trial testimony, just to be able to step away for a moment and come back with a clear head. Plus, they started so late in the day and have been there since 9 am. They will be back Tuesday refreshed and ready to deliberate.
Yes this. Makes total sense. I feel less uneasy.
Even if they ARE on the same page, they may want to be absolutely sure, discuss certain points, and not rush to judgement, both on the verdict and the damages amount.

Depp all the way but after the AH team said lie after lie after lie today I hope the jury will be diligent in going back through each witness to verify the proof.

Im still catching up. Anyone shocked about AH closing? I didn’t expect them to refute EVERY single point and testimony of Johnny’s. Going that low would rub me the wrong way if I were a juror. AH team could have made it easier on themselves if that was their game plan from the beginning.
They turned me off the moment I realized that they were going to rehash EVERY SINGLE accusation AH ever made against this man. They threw spaghetti at the wall to see which strings stick. It was overbearing, and if the jurors didn't take good notes, I wish them a TON of luck, trying to track down every accusation and exhibit for them.

Your question just reminded me about how AH's lawyers went on about how AH has problems sleeping, suffers from anxiety, AH wakes up screaming etc... I wonder if AH is getting any help for that? If she does suffer from ptsd - where everyone around her has to follow rules just so she won't get startled etc... does she take medication? Is she seeing a therapist? If she is not, why not? It seems that AH would have the privilege to get help. And if AH is being treated currently, why didn't her therapist or medical nurse/Dr not come to testify about everything that AH is going through, was it not allowed?

That’s what I mean-how could that be in the closing without previous disclosure? No proof, expert witness, etc is clearly hearsay. I’m surprised BC didn’t object more. But who knows hopefully the jury is scouring everything.

As much as I would have liked a quick verdict today, I understand the jury wanting to go home, breathe, celebrate the Holiday weekend and return on Tuesday. For cryin out loud! They couldn't talk to each other about this case for 6 + weeks!

They probably got to their jury room, and busted out laughing. Finally! They could say...OUTLOUD to each other.... "5 Penthouses?' 'His own Island"? "Did ya see that wedding drug party itinerary?" " Did you see the huge bags of weed?" "Did ya hear that crazy cackle-laugh?"
" Who the fudge is Marilyn Manson?"

"Did she just say what I think she said?" ( Suck my....)?

Also, they had to discuss their opinions and views of all the attorneys presenting the case, and closings. That would have been interesting also.

I guess I can wait a few more days...:cool:

I do want the jurors to take time to do their job correctly. All the time they need to review the evidence presented.

I don't want any chance for a mistrial because someone wants to claim they were not doing a proper review and deliberation, for whatever reason.

I can wait the 3 day weekend out.

I feel sorry for JD having to wait, but I think he is sanguine about the whole thing. He's probably relieved he doesn't have to have another day to avoid looking at her, at least until the jury returns. He can always jet away for a quick holiday, even on his island.

I don't fee sorry for AH one bit, and I would want her to stew and twist over her fate.

Last edited:
I truly think that it's going to take a while to figure out the dollar amount of damages and that couldn't be done in the time they had today so why not get the heck home for the long weekend and then bang it out on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper